Clone rooting in the wrong place?

GuerillaGRO

420 Member
My Ak48 clones i took arn't doing so great but i think they are rooting...if i can get them to bounce back they should be fine. This is my first attempt. I was wondering if anyone has had roots growing from the leave's stems (not sure of exact term). Here is a pic...I think i may have got some rooting powder on there when i dipped. Also maybe a sign of too much humidity? What do you more experience cloners think?
roots_by_leaf.jpg

Also I have noticed that stem is wider and flatter than usual and there are a lot of bumps ontop of it like roots are going to grow from there too. Looks kind of feaky!:thedoubletake::bong::thedoubletake:

Hey thats pretty cool. I've seen a pic of just a leaf with roots forming from it. Never had much luck with cloning myself. never had the space. Sorry I dont have any useful info for you.:confused:

I find it amazing how these plants do just about anything to survive

I already cut all the yellow off all the clones. Out of 18 clones this one and two others look pretty unhealthy. The rest actually look decent, i took the lid off for 12 hours and only 3 wilted. Should consider leaving the lid off now?
I think I might be better off to build a dwc cloning system...or maybe find a better way to regulate humidity. Or maybe try using rockwool.

If they are ready (rooted) to be hardened up then do so. I myself harden my clone as soon as I strike them. ii don't use humidity domes. I just cut the clone, dip in rooting gel and stick them in a rockwool cube. Place them on a saucer and keep the rockwool moist but allow it to dry out a little. Stick them in my 18" X 16" stereo cabinet turned veg/clone box which is lit bytwo 65 watt floros. 7 to 15 days later I get roots. rarely lose one.
Another favorite method is to take cuttings and push the stems through a old AOL CD or piece of card board with a hole cut into it to allow room for the clone. Anything disposable will work. Take a coffee cup and fill it half way with water. Place clones on top of cup with stems in water. Place in North western facing window sill so afternoon sun enters. Allow water to get to end of stems before topping up. Change out water every other day. Replace back to where it was not to halfway. The evaporation encourages roots. as soon as small white bumps appear, plant. those are roots forming.

Back
Top Bottom