Clones going from 12/12 back to 18/6

Optimus PrimeBud

Hello everyone, so I am on my second grow and all is going well so far thanks again to everyone's help on here.

This is my issues, I ran out of space for my clones and kept them in the flowering room. Not thinking they would flower in a week I was wrong and they all started to show there sex and i even have a male. Bad news is they are 6" tall at best.

Can I take them and put them back in 18/6 since they already began to flower? They're no bigger then 6" tall at best and they are not budding yet just showing there pistols.

One last thing :) I want the male to flower since I plan to breed a few of my other plants does it matter it it flowers at only 6" tall?

raspberry3.jpg

cali_clone.jpg

cali_clone2.jpg

1st question, did you intentionally clone a male? Or are these all cloned from the same mom?

I go clone to 12/12 all the time and have no issues. I don't think they will suffer much going back to 18/6, it will stress them a little but they should recover and veg.

I forgot to mention the male (raspberry cough) was grown from seed that is not a clone my mistake. And yes I wanted at least one male so I can attempt to breed and get some hybrid seeds.

Thanks for the info I will be switching them back to 18/6 this weekend and keep an eye on how they are doing.

Hey optimus they will go back to veg! Then grow a bunch more for you! Ive done it 4 weeks into flower and the clones reverse! Takes alittle xtra time but worth it!

Yeah no doubt about it..you can read about revegging..so if itll reverse after you harvest itll reverseaweek in..i wonder though...will you see any change in number of blades per leaf..keep us posted id love to.check it..itll just take a little longer to get going but itll veg nooo problem

Hey optimus they will go back to veg! Then grow a bunch more for you! Ive done it 4 weeks into flower and the clones reverse! Takes alittle xtra time but worth it!

Sweet! thats a relief to know. I mean it would be cool and all to have a bonsai plant, but not very practical lol

Yeah no doubt about it..you can read about revegging..so if itll reverse after you harvest itll reverseaweek in..i wonder though...will you see any change in number of blades per leaf..keep us posted id love to.check it..itll just take a little longer to get going but itll veg nooo problem

Wait are you saying after you harvest a plant it can be used again? Or did I mis read what you were trying to say?

Also does anyone know the answer to if I let the male plant flower at 6 inches tall if it will still be able to pollenate some of the buds I have? I'd like to get some hybrid seeds and seeds in general so I don't have to keep buying them.

Yes you ca re-veg a plant after flowering, but it will take the plant a good amount of time to recover. If you have the space, consider making your own mom and taking clones.

If the male plant flowers, it will produce pollen, it won't matter how tall it gets. You should get some seeds out of doing that, but be careful you don't turn your whole grow into a seed crop. Pollen can/will get everywhere if you aren't careful.

If you don't want to continue buying seeds, learn how to clone. You will have xerox copies of the mom plant, you'll know for sure that it's a female and it costs next to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom