Cloning a plant that hermied

been having issues with my clones all hermi out on me around 6 weeks is that because the doner my have gone hermi on me and i never new it?

Since a clone is an exact duplicate of the host plant, you clone a hermi it will be a hermi.

Get more stable genetics.

DD

does a plant that has hermied and if i clone it will all the clones be hermie?:tokin:

I would say the chances are very high you will have a hermi from any clones taken from a plant that went hermi.

The belief is that a plant will become hermi from stress. So if you took a clone before that stress happened it is possible that your clone will not be a hermi. However, what stress caused your plant to become hermi? Have you made any changes? If you have a sensitive strain or a sensitive phenotype of a strain you are always going to be fighting this.

To go along with what G-Dog said, if you stress any female long enough it will go hermie.

I do not believe taking a clone from a plant that has hermie'd means the clone will. Unless you put it back into the same environment as the mother was in. What ever caused the mother to go hermie will cause any clones to also.

Lower the stress and the plant won't try to pollinate it's self.

Prairie

I think I have to agree with PrairiePoet. I think the way to look at it is genetically the plant is female, the hermaphroditing is a symptom of stress, not genetics. A female hermied because of stress. so the clone is female.

And there are different kinds of stress.

Keeping fans blowing over the plants is good stress, to a point. Too much and you get wind burn on the leaves, and even more air movement the plants are battling to stay upright. There are posts here on 420 that suggest adding physical stress at the end of flowering to push the plant to swell up the buds.

Nutrient stress causes problems in growth and flower production. This causes the plant to be not healthy, and pushing it to be disease and pest prone.

Though there are some genetics that are easier to stress than others.

Prairie

Back
Top Bottom