Co2

Just a quick question.. not off topic.. Are you using Co2 tank, a generator or possibly Co2 bags? I guess there are a few home made Co2 producers also, but will sak if your using any of these first?

If you have any of the first mentiuoned , they should have come with instructions for use.. I use 800ppm for my bloom room.. with tanks.

The instructions say to tape or attach the hose to the back of your fan.. tired that and had a tough time getting my numbers to stay up.. wasted massive amounts of gas.. and its not cheap! Ended up running hose right over the plants, on hooks or clipping them to the bamboo stakes, just above the girls.. small drill bit to put holes in the hose and my ppm is perfect every time I check now..

only issue is the sentinal meter I have doesnt come on only at lights on.. not sure why that is?

I end up turning the tank on at lights on and turning teh tank off at lights out.. oh well.. better than going through a tank a week....

I use tanks and I put a small line around the hood and run a drop line down, that way it get's to them easy, co2 is heaver than air so it drops right on them. Jimbo

My area is in my basement. It sits about 6 feet away from my furnace. I imagine I wouldn't have any need for additional CO2 since it is cold enough here for the furnace to kick on.

16 x 8 x 8 = 1024 cubic feet.

1024 x .001 = 1.024 cu ft of CO2 to get 1,000PPM

If you purchased CO2 regulators for your tanks it comes with instructions for how to regulate.

Remember, CO2 intake is only good during lights on, and the plants can take X amount of PPM depending on temperature.

16 x 8 x 8 = 1024 cubic feet.

1024 x .001 = 1.024 cu ft of CO2 to get 1,000PPM

If you purchased CO2 regulators for your tanks it comes with instructions for how to regulate.

Remember, CO2 intake is only good during lights on, and the plants can take X amount of PPM depending on temperature.

Great advice!
I have been using CO2 going on 2-1/2 years and here's what I have experienced; remember, this is strictly MY OPINION!
1) CO2 of PPM up to 1500 PPM is the max. over is deadly, way under is a waste of time; optimal increase will show around 1300ppm to 1450ppm, I run at 1400ppm.
2) I have a propane fueled generator and it is controlled by system components from C.A.P. Had a problem with the generator, but they paid to ship to them, fixed it, paid to ship it back. 5 year warranty too.
3) My room is 25.5 ft. L X 19.5 ft. w X 8.5 ft. tall, with the flowering area (the CO2) space behind roll-up shades with Mylar on the plant side, space of 13.5 ft X 13.5 ft. I have 8 rows of 6 plants/row, each row with 1@ 600W HPS on light tracks. The CO2 generator is in the center, 18" down from the ceiling. Gas being heavier, it falls to the floor where I have a 120V whisper fan (like computer fans but 7" dia and 120 V.) spaced about 2" off the floor, set on a variable speed controller to lower the RPM's and this fans aims up and blows the CO2 back up (several feet) where it circulates and falls back down (all over the plants) to get circulated again. I have 2 gable end exhaust fans, 1 in the center of the main ceiling and the other in the gable end. Being wired to both go on together, their CFM's quadruple instead of double, thus gaining more air flow with out huge fans. This also doesn't have draw from the floor so these fans kick on by temperature or humidity and run wither lights and CO2 are on or not. I don't loose the CO2 and I still get to exhaust the heat.
4) Temperatures approaching 95 degrees aren't a problem due to the additional CO2. However, this is strain dependent and one has to keep a careful watch regarding temperature. Just to be safe, I recommend one keeping the target temps. below 90*, 85* being much better.
5) Flowering lights ON @ 9:30 PM, OFF @ 8:30 AM (total 11 ON/ 13 OFF) as a result of the electricity rates are the lowest at this time slot.
I don't know if this helps at all, but I thought I'd toss some stuff out there. So many opinions about CO2, but in my experience, it is well worth the investment after one sends the crazy amount of time it takes to tweak you situation to work with all your variables.
Good luck and hope that all is well with you and yours and oh yea, the ladies entrusted to your care...

I'd just throw out there that plants cannot overdose on CO2, that's a myth. CO2 can become a health risk to us if it's up to 50,000 PPM but pretty difficult to pull that off.

I thought I'd throw this out there too...
I have read, several places over the years, that if one spends 1-2 hours, twice a day, the exhale alone will be sufficient to show an increase in production of vegetation. If 2-3 people do this, there's an abundance. Obviously this would be mostly linked to the actual cubic footage the room we're talking about is. It never said about the room size but I assume the authors were talking about small rooms, like 8' X 10' bedrooms or less. Past this (8'x10'x8'), it'd take some heavy breathing. This is also a reason why: "Never, ever smoke (cig's of MJ) in either room. Plants hate it, it can cause damage, stunting and downright is a bad habit. I smoke cigarettes and I am a bad boy... I don't smoke MJ rather, I grow it so that I can take and cut off all those nasty, stinky "buds" and rub them all over my body, and then let all the stoners around lick that stinky, sticky junk, the stuff "those people" love so much...

I'd just throw out there that plants cannot overdose on CO2, that's a myth. CO2 can become a health risk to us if it's up to 50,000 PPM but pretty difficult to pull that off.

JJ, I thought health risk for us was around +5,000ppm? Still hard to produce though. Guess I was wrong believing lower. I DO know that I have gotten quite light headed in the room where I run in to do something quick and wind up staying a few minutes, get "sick" real fast. I forget that what I am breathing is minus oxygen! I was also under the impression (IDK, WTF, ???) that over 30,000ppm that the plants can die due to over saturation, kinda' like we can experience by having too much pure oxygen.
Man, I love this site. Sharing information, experiences and passion is what this site is all about. Good stuff; good people; good learning and entertainment. I absolutely learn something (more like several things) new, each and every day. I thank you for clearing that up.

Back
Top Bottom