Coco growing

wufo

Hi this is my first grow ever and I'm going with coco, I'd like to know what are the basic nutrients needed, not interested in different brands just the nutrients, I'm not bothered about supplements either, (I'll look into this later) I'm a beginner so everything that gets thrown about I take in and now I'm confused, I'm just after a basic list this way I can look into each nutient and pick a brand then I can look into supplements and pick a brand that I can afford and which suits my needs, thanks an I hope I make sense. Ta

The primary cannabis nutrients are nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). These major nutrients usually are lacking from the soil/media first because the plants use large amounts for their growth. You do need to add these nutrients over the life of the plant. If you avoid fancy name nutrient brands, you can get Nitrogen from urea, potassium from potash and phosphorus from bone meal. (Generally available gardening additives.) The secondary nutrients are calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), and sulfur (S). There are usually enough of these nutrients in the soil so adding these is not always necessary. If you use media, you may want to supplement with these too.

Hi I understand this I was looking for what nutrients to use but just the basics without brand names like can I just use a and b grow and a and b bloom?

Standard nutrients used.

Grow - vegetative stage of growth.

Bloom - flowering stage of growth.

Micro nutrient solution best to use with the above, some brands add them to their grow/bloom nutrients others don't ! (optional choice)

As you are growing in coco i would highly suggest Ca-calcium / Mg-magnesium nutrient solution additive.

Don't use organic nutrients with coco coir they don't work that well !

Some brands do coco coir specific nutrients other wise you can get away with general hydroponic based stuff both will require to be PH adjusted prior to feeding plants.

Note - some may use P/K boost phosphorus & potassium in flowering also... it may also spike EC/PPM levels !

I am also new to coco.

I am trying to keep things simple for my first round and I am only using a few things.
canna coco a and b
gh calimagic
heavy 16 root enhancer
dyna gro protekt as silica and ph up

I will also use one flowering supplement havent decided yet.
probably hydroplex but maybe powdered koolbloom.

good luck wufo.

a friend told me to use this kit for my first coco grow, HESI coco starter kit i must say I was extremly happy with the results!
didnt try anything else with coco yet, but the result were better then what I had in soil with other nutrients

I used a Root Organics kit with Coco and it worked very well, just organic stuff is messy to mix...at least theirs is, but it worked extremely well actually.

a friend told me to use this kit for my first coco grow, HESI coco starter kit i must say I was extremly happy with the results!
didnt try anything else with coco yet, but the result were better then what I had in soil with other nutrients

HESI pretty good :thumb:

Seen it used with coco coir and myself have used their nutrients with soil grows & hempy bucket perlite/vermculite mix over the last several months... ye very much no nonsense nutrients with no A or B nutrients for either grow or bloom.

HESI pretty good :thumb:

Seen it used with coco coir and myself have used their nutrients with soil grows & hempy bucket perlite/vermculite mix over the last several months... ye very much no nonsense nutrients with no A or B nutrients for either grow or bloom.

That's what I like about Doggett & Simpson Growology 3-Step System, 1 Tbsp per gallon, feed with every water, vegging or flowering. If you are adding nutrients to your grow, it can't get any simpler than that, IMHO

Back
Top Bottom