Coco Loco

Hey I'm In coco I water feed sometimes twice a day sometimes I always want my medium to be wet. Treat coco like hydro. 5.3-6.3 lower ph at seedling higher as plants matures.

I would look into hydrogaurd or z7 if in coco and feeding daily like myself.

It will help protect those roots and clean medium.

Also make sure your medium in recharged with cal mag or you will have def is issues later .

Thanks for chiming in people,

Coco Loco is a Foxfarm coco/perlite mix

Coco coir +
Perlite
Earthworm castings
Fossilized bat guano
Norwegian kelp meal
Oyster shell
Dolomite Lime

thing is, I looks and feels like a good soil. Ive used Coco coir, brick form, but drainage sucked when mixed with ocean forest, so I gave this stuff a try. Drains super fast. Im watering everyday now. I did a test on a seedling and soaked it with no ill effects.

i PH to 6.0-6.2 ( liquid vial test)

Thanks ,

talk to me

Coco coir +
Perlite
Earthworm castings
Fossilized bat guano
Norwegian kelp meal
Oyster shell
Dolomite Lime

thing is, I looks and feels like a good soil. Ive used Coco coir, brick form, but drainage sucked when mixed with ocean forest, so I gave this stuff a try. Drains super fast. Im watering everyday now. I did a test on a seedling and soaked it with no ill effects.

Thanks ,

talk to me
so looks like you're trying to grow organically in a coco medium.

What stage are you at in growth process? seedling, vegetative, bloom?

are your plants photo or autos?

hey spintowin,

FireOG, 78 days old, still in veg.
small in back, 7 days old from seed, fimmed yesterday, 12/12 from seed.

photoperiod,

i soaked them down today. Runoff for OG was 1300, ugggggggg.. Ive feed nothing but water with calmag since transplanting her into this container, about 2 weeks ago.

I am putting her in alot of stress, Ive topped her several times already, and fimmed a few yesterday. Going to fim the remaining tops next week, then giving 1 week to repair, then flipping when i get my luminus build done. about 2 weeks.

I counted around alot
day78-fireog-1.png
day78-fireog-2.png
+ tops, and still going to fim,lol.. sure hope she stretches, its going to be a mess.

hey spintowin,

FireOG, 78 days old, still in veg.
small in back, 7 days old from seed, fimmed yesterday, 12/12 from seed.

photoperiod,

i soaked them down today. Runoff for OG was 1300, ugggggggg.. Ive feed nothing but water with calmag since transplanting her into this container, about 2 weeks ago.

I am putting her in alot of stress, Ive topped her several times already, and fimmed a few yesterday. Going to fim the remaining tops next week, then giving 1 week to repair, then flipping when i get my luminus build done. about 2 weeks.

I counted around alot
day78-fireog-1.png
day78-fireog-2.png
+ tops, and still going to fim,lol.. sure hope she stretches, its going to be a mess.

Your ppm's are high for your transplanted one for sure but you already know that. What nutrients are you using besides CalMag? You want a base nutrient first and foremost and then calmag. Also, Kingjoe83 is very well versed as he has more experience and is proactive in the 420magazine community. I'd take his advice. Cheers

well right now, i figured there was enough in the Loco till maybe flower. I will be using MegaCrop all-in-one dry formula. Im not seeing any spots or anything to be honest. Odd shaped leaf here and there, but i tuck them and they end up growing oddly. At night, i fluff her up so they can breathe and air out.

Slow growth up till i watered her down, lol, go figure.

At first, she was in oceanforest/kindsoil mix. I suspect, when it was a seedling, like leaf set 2, the root grow into a strong nute chunk, and seemed to burn the tap root maybe. Then it didnt grow for a week. then started to grow slightly, so i transplanted into straight coco. Started to grow a bit more. then, transplants into this cocoloco. So far, maybe doubled in size.

ok, so now, water everyday, morning, at 5.8-6.0ph, with calmag. I just know 1300ppm is high, and need to get that down. Not sure how much a flush is going to do.

Might be because when i first watered it, i soaked it down, then it took 8 days to almost dry out. when, i should of just keept watering her daily.

now i know,lol..

thanks fellas

well, here is 17 days ago, first day in cocoloco,

so, i guess she did grow, lol, time dragging, like watching old paint dry, or grass grow, HUH.
firstdaylocofireog.png

Coco coir +
Perlite
Earthworm castings
Fossilized bat guano
Norwegian kelp meal
Oyster shell
Dolomite Lime

Thanks ,

talk to me
Does bagged Coco Loco need rinsed when new? Don't wanna negate the effects of all those good additives.

Hey DH, no, it says its rinsed 3 times. Use outta the bag directly. Seedlings also grow nicely in it. BUT wont hurt to run some PHd water ( 5.8-6.0 ) thru it to calm it down a bit.

Just a note. I used PH perfect AN, and this stuff dont like it. Got instant claw. 1/4 strng of AN, still, didnt like it, so i take it, the PH has to be around 5.8-6.0. and she is doing much better now.

Hey DH, no, it says its rinsed 3 times. Use outta the bag directly. Seedlings also grow nicely in it. BUT wont hurt to run some PHd water ( 5.8-6.0 ) thru it to calm it down a bit.

Just a note. I used PH perfect AN, and this stuff dont like it. Got instant claw. 1/4 strng of AN, still, didnt like it, so i take it, the PH has to be around 5.8-6.0. and she is doing much better now.

Good tips - thanks.
Do you add additional Perlite to your Coco Loco?
I've been rushed into my first grow due to the death of a friend. Had plans to develop one together this Spring. Now I have four "baseball-sized" clones coming in a few days, and am rushing to prepare.
Got my grow closet figured out (mostly). It takes a lot if time to do the research, and I have to prioritize in order to succeed. So I research "whatever's next", accomplish that, then move on.
I sure could use a mentor. I dislike posting questions that are likely in pinned posts, but I'm pressed for time (and somewhat overwhelmed).
I've created a 27" x 25" x 8' closet-in-a-closet. Received 240W Timber QB kit yesterday. Speed-controlled 200 CFM fan/filter coming tomorrow. Nutes, pH kit, CaliMagic. 10 x 10 (approx 5 gallon) and 12 x 12 (approx. 7 gallon) square fabric pots on hand.
Which pots would you use?
Got a thermo/hygrometer coming too. What other test equipment do I need?
Sorry for the poor flow of my message. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey DH, sorry about your loss bro.. I can help a asmuch as I can, im not really that great myself, lol..

Good stuff on the QB boards, hear you wont regrete it. I use 4 Cobs, (luminus) myself, almost went QBs, but wnated to use my other buildbox from my strips, so cobs was the way to go for me..

as for Pot size, Id use the 5's.. Im using a 10gallon fab pot for my FireOG, to dang big. I really like using smaller pots sizes, like 40oz containers myself. I did grab 5x 1gallon fab pots to step up from my 40oz containers. easier to flush and water.

here is a pic of the Male i used to cross with my fireOG experiment. In cocoloco, and watered only when dry. from seed, day 44. Got a good amount of pollen, gave it a few shakes for the last 3 days over the FireOG, and now, he gets chopped and removed. He is 44 inches tall.

That plant had not one single flaw, beautiful leafs, never any sign of deficiency, the stem is thicker then a sharpie. I let it go so dry to see what would happen, the leafs barely even dropped. You could see a very very slight kinda softing of the leafs, they get a bit silkyish looking, then after water, went back to normal within 20 minutes.

fired up to see an offspring of this cross,lol. hopefully anyways,

Back
Top Bottom