Coco mania

Welcome dude stick around that all sounds good to apart from your fan might not be big enough with 3 600 hps I use a 10 inch with 2 but my room is a bit smaller my advice do a test run and if not give me a shout and we will look into it
Cheers Fatty.
Don't mind if I do:cheesygrinsmiley: As I said, I'm a total novice......I never grown so much as a daisy before lol. But I'm a quick learner and love reading the stories on here. Great inspiration :bravo:

Avoid anything wet touching the leaves water in the top of the pot until atleast 20% comes out the bottom .slowely and evenly is the key to watering

Thanks again dood. I'll do that and check the fan situation out too. :Namaste:

BTW Fatty, are you in UK ? I'm in the freezing, hard watered (7.8ph) North East.

Ye UK dude but in the middle I only moved from from up there myself 3 years ago water ain't much better though 7.4 with an ec of .5 just make sure you leave it to stand for a bit before use its ok do you have ph and ec measuring pens or meter because you will need them also it makes a difference if you use a brand of nutes that do a hard water mix like plant magic for example it's all to do with calcium which in coco is problem #1 for first timers but saying that canna is very good

That's ironic mate......I moved back here from Northampton 3 years ago lol.
Excuse m ignorance but.....what is ec? Yeah, I've got a soil ph and moisture tester and I'm investing in a good ph water meter :allgood: I think Canna do all sorts of balancers and ph down? Really excited about this first ever grow but very much on a budget lol I'm hoping for 4-5oz per plant, do you think thats realistic?

Ec is basically how strong you nutes are .nutes are salts .salts conduct electricity .ec stands for electrical conductivity or you can use a ppm metre which is parts per million .to start with dude make sure you got a ph water tester an ec meter canna a&b and some root stim anything else nute or equipment wise is a bonus and not essential

Great advice fella......and I will take it. Yeah, ppm I do understand lol. Thinking it'll be cheese first up. You think 4-5 oz is realistic? Planning 8-10 weeks veg then whatever it takes

Superb tip about the mat welcome to the thread fellajust out of ccuriosity have you tried lower ec'dive used canna lots and never go e as high as 2 but if it's stable it's good and your plants look fantastic+reps

hey yeah im subd, yeah seems very stable reason being is im using plain tap and not R/O water so the E.C before the nutrients and additives is 350ppm according to blue labs truncheon. so im 0.5 EC to start with then with the added nutrients and additives its only 1.5EC or just over 1200ppm that im actually adding. so taking out the initial EC of the water The canna A+B is being given at about 0.8 EC the boost at about 0.5EC and the liquid oxygen and PH additives about 0.2 EC. as shown the dose must be ok as the plants are thriving. Although I do intend to add PK13/14 and increase the boost at end of this week so I will lower the A+B down to about 0.6EC raise the boost by 0.2EC and add the PK13/14 at about 0.3EC so be fully running at Just over 2.0EC but if they show any down fall I will back it all off. :) Gota love growing I remember looking at posts like this and thinking WTF is it actually saying lol...

Sweet :). Blue I think. It depends what my mate has available. He ONLY goes hydro route but I can't because of my domestic situation lol. Read all sorts about Sativa v Indica for first timers. What's your esteemed opinion lol ?

Ec is basically how strong you nutes are .nutes are salts .salts conduct electricity .ec stands for electrical conductivity or you can use a ppm metre which is parts per million .to start with dude make sure you got a ph water tester an ec meter canna a&b and some root stim anything else nute or equipment wise is a bonus and not essential

don't forget PPMs. PH etc will change if running recirculating. If the plant takes more water from the feed than food the run off will be stronger so the PPM's will rise, if the plant takes more food than water the run off will be weaker. always keep a close on eye on the res, daily checks realistically should be done and then adjusted accordingly :)

Hey Zoot.
As mentioned earlier, I'll be using a watering can :cheesygrinsmiley:. I'll add nutes to my res, mix em then let it stand and settle for a day or two before metering it.

Sounds like you've do e you homework fella and I know what your saying about the looking and wtf glad to have you on board and anything else mate feel free to post whether it be tips or need advice or shit even a joke would be fun .I thought this thread would get a bit more interest but maybe we can be pioneeres and get the world using coco

Sounds like you've do e you homework fella and I know what your saying about the looking and wtf glad to have you on board and anything else mate feel free to post whether it be tips or need advice or shit even a joke would be fun .I thought this thread would get a bit more interest but maybe we can be pioneeres and get the world using coco

All for a bit of banter and info exchange :)

Sweet :). Blue I think. It depends what my mate has available. He ONLY goes hydro route but I can't because of my domestic situation lol. Read all sorts about Sativa v Indica for first timers. What's your esteemed opinion lol ?

First of coco is hydro it's called passive hydro so needs to be treated as hydro .
As for what your growing I would pick blue over straight anyday but that's my preference as far as difficulty it do t matter what's in the pot aslong as your ph ec temp and humidity is correct

Yeah, my mate (and my son.....I'm old too :) lol ) prefer blue. TBH, this all started as a bit of banter with my son. But the more I looked into it the more I wanted to do it :) . I love a challenge and love learning and getting things right :) I also love experimenting and improving things. Hey, what other hobby (apart from cooking and brewing) can you enjoy the end product THIS MUCH :blunt::tokin:

Back
Top Bottom