Coco mania

Guys, is filtration absolutely neccessary or can I add it at a later date (month or so)? Also, I was thinking of just using an extraction fan and no induction fan (got an 8" Ruck). Will this be ok?
Cheers:high-five:

Guys, is filtration absolutely neccessary or can I add it at a later date (month or so)? Also, I was thinking of just using an extraction fan and no induction fan (got an 8" Ruck). Will this be ok?
Filter ain't a must till they smell normally coming into flower and just an extract fan is fine aslong as you have an opening for fresh air to come in it don't need a fan

Hey Zoot.
I'm plannng filling a res in my room and manually watering. Should I water over the leaves? Or is it better to fill the drip trays and let em "suck it up" ?
Cheers

hey, i wouldn't water the leaves as the lights can magnify the droplets and cause problems. id water the actual pot or if you have a dripper system use that, but give one hand water per week as it pulls fresh oxygen down through the pot.

18 :). I'm in NO RUSH....want quantity AND quality :)

18 :) fair play. yeah 4 oz per plant in achievable but make sure you train them as a veg that long in coco with 18 un trained plants can get out of control i used to veg for 8 weeks and have a 4 foot plant before the flip. now i flip at 12 and end up about 30'' with a 2-3 oz per plant goal.. 12 inch is a 3-4 week veg from rooted cutting .

hey a question like this is right up my street. i love ventilation.. realistically you do need to have filtration from the get go. why take the risk for the sake of £35.00 for a budget filter. this question is entirely down to you and how confident you are about not attracting unwanted attention from smells.

as far as the no intake I don't use a intake during the winter. my intake is in direct contact with the outside so in winter it pulls in ice cold air that is far too cold for the grow room. I usually use a 250mm ruck for intake for the summer. the benefit I have is top of the range extraction system. im using an 315mm acoustic air force 2, acoustic ducting and a 315mm rhino pro filter all running through a temp controlled fan speed controller whole set up cost me around £1k. The fan runs pretty much dead silent and is housed in my loft covered in loft lagging. the main benefit of this is the fan creates a very-very strong negative pressure so no smells can ever escape the grow room all the air in the entre flat is being pulled towards the grow room then up through the filter through then ducting then up through the fan then out the loft via a steam flute. providing I keep my filter in good order no smells will ever be noticed. i leave the intake in place during the winter so the negative pressure pulls cool air through it but at a much less intensity then when the fans on. i do this so there is fresh air being pulled in. sorry to have gone on lol hope this gives you some ideas on how to set up your ventilation system

Sounds like you've do e you homework fella and I know what your saying about the looking and wtf glad to have you on board and anything else mate feel free to post whether it be tips or need advice or shit even a joke would be fun .I thought this thread would get a bit more interest but maybe we can be pioneeres and get the world using coco

yeah for sure. i love helping fellow blades. I pretty much learnt the hard way so if I can help others before they make a mistake I will.. and yeah let the banter roll...

18 :) fair play. yeah 4 oz per plant in achievable but make sure you train them as a veg that long in coco with 18 un trained plants can get out of control i used to veg for 8 weeks and have a 4 foot plant before the flip. now i flip at 12 and end up about 30'' with a 2-3 oz per plant goal.. 12 inch is a 3-4 week veg from rooted cutting .
Hey Zoot.
Thanks buddy. How would ou recommend I train them? Honestly, I'm that (no pun intended) GREEN :). I want to learn all I can so, teach away :)

hey a question like this is right up my street. i love ventilation.. realistically you do need to have filtration from the get go. why take the risk for the sake of £35.00 for a budget filter. this question is entirely down to you and how confident you are about not attracting unwanted attention from smells.

as far as the no intake I don't use a intake during the winter. my intake is in direct contact with the outside so in winter it pulls in ice cold air that is far too cold for the grow room. I usually use a 250mm ruck for intake for the summer. the benefit I have is top of the range extraction system. im using an 315mm acoustic air force 2, acoustic ducting and a 315mm rhino pro filter all running through a temp controlled fan speed controller whole set up cost me around £1k. The fan runs pretty much dead silent and is housed in my loft covered in loft lagging. the main benefit of this is the fan creates a very-very strong negative pressure so no smells can ever escape the grow room all the air in the entre flat is being pulled towards the grow room then up through the filter through then ducting then up through the fan then out the loft via a steam flute. providing I keep my filter in good order no smells will ever be noticed. i leave the intake in place during the winter so the negative pressure pulls cool air through it but at a much less intensity then when the fans on. i do this so there is fresh air being pulled in. sorry to have gone on lol hope this gives you some ideas on how to set up your ventilation system

Again, thanks for the info :) The cheapest filters I've seen are circa £150. Way over my budget at mo lol. But, hopefully, I'll get one pre flowering. Smell and sound isn't TOO much of an issue until November (long story lol)

£150 for a 8'' carbon filter?? where are you growing? Dubai? lol

Lol. Seriously mate, the only "friendly" grow shop around here stocks ONLY Rhino gear and, can n filter, are £149.95. I shit you not :loopy:

It totally depends on your set up. Plant spacing, lighting penetration. available time with the plants. etc etc. Tell me a bit more about your grow plan and il work something out for you?

Hey Zoot.
I'm on building my tent at present. Basically it's internal dimensions are 2.8m long x 1.9m wide x 1.9m high. I've got 3 x 600w HPS lights. The inside is TOTALLY covered in diamond reflective. I have 3 oscillating fans, Ultimately I want to scrog. I'm going to grow in pots that are 290mm dia x 310mm high (5 US gallons). ope this will give you an idea? :)

Hey Zoot.
I'm on building my tent at present. Basically it's internal dimensions are 2.8m long x 1.9m wide x 1.9m high. I've got 3 x 600w HPS lights. The inside is TOTALLY covered in diamond reflective. I have 3 oscillating fans, Ultimately I want to scrog. I'm going to grow in pots that are 290mm dia x 310mm high (5 US gallons). ope this will give you an idea? :)

nice room. im currently using x3 600s in a 2m x 2m x 2m tent. scroging will be a good idea and the benefit of this is you wouldn't need so many plants. you could so something similar to me but using a scrog and a longer veg you could pull a 1lb or more from 4 plants under each light. i would suggest you top the plants around week 3 of veg allowing all the side branches to catch up to the main stem from the point i would train all the branches to grow up towards the scrog. once they hit the screen start training the branches in and out of the screen once the screen in full. prune all growth off so you are left with just the branches under the mesh. then a small amount of screen trimming then flower. with a 10 week veg this would be easily achievable and the pot size would really help. if you could make the screens 4x4 then they would be perfect for the light spread of a 600w.

now if you decide against the scrog. you could LST the plant ( low stress training ) by vegging until week 3 so the stem is still soft and literally bend the plant over to the side of the pot, tie it down and train it to grow round the out side of the pot in a inwards spiral again using ties, again very achievable with a 10 week veg. this method will force all of what would of been secondary branches to all grow up towards the light at roughly the same height making tons of cola sites. deffo trim before flower as they can get real bushy from a LST. this method will bump up the harvest aswell.

last but not least is what I have done with mine. its one of the easiest things to do, is time effective and really does boost yield. I usually veg for 3 weeks then top the plant I wait until all the side branches have caught up to the level of the top and by this time the main stem that I topped has now grown back in a Y shape means 2 colas instead of just one. not only this you now have all the secondary branches in the same height as the main so its a little like the LST method just less work and less time. at this point I then flower i wait for the 2 week stretch and then trim all the lower branches and pointless buds i then trim any big leaves off to allow all the bud sites to be showered in light.

have a look at my grow in the sig you will se what I mean about near uniform buds.

Hope this helps

Lol. Seriously mate, the only "friendly" grow shop around here stocks ONLY Rhino gear and, can n filter, are £149.95. I shit you not :loopy:

yeah rhino are expensive think how much lighter my pockets felt after giving £400.00 for a fan then £300.00 for the filter lol. go on eBay. there cheap as chips but the quality isn't all that good. my rhino will last 14-`16 months easy. the cheaper ones you will change twice in one grow.

First off I wouldn't buy a cheap filter the most expensive thing in your groom should be your extraction system a rhino will last a couple of years if your humidity is correct also scrogs are not for big spaces like yours training becomes very hard when the room starts to fill with plant it's the best way to make the most of a small space not a big one as soon as they hit the screen you can't move them .no offense but it's your first grow keep it easy till you got some experience .I would veg till there about 5 nodes (sets of leaves)high then top them veg a bit longer and top any branches that start to go taller than the rest then when you think your groom is half full change the lights to 12/12 this way all plants areobile just incase you need to move them which as its a first grow its very possible

I will try my best my friend

Fatty, this is my thread that Ricorico is talking about. I hope you will take a look because Im in serious need of a lesson. Once you read you will prob see that i'm going by trial and error and it's biting me in the rear. I have done a lot of reading but everybody has a different theory on coco and everything else for that matter. Anyway, take a look if you can. Im not sure if damping-off or what but ive got to save these next to seedlings that are about to pop out the dirt. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Oh and btw, I dont have a ec meter or ppm. Ive been ph-ing the water to about 6.0-6.5 per the visual ph kit color graph! Wow, Looks like I need to place some orders for more gear. No problem just need to know what I need to protect these other two. Strain is NL also!

Fatty, this is my thread that Ricorico is talking about. I hope you will take a look because Im in serious need of a lesson. Once you read you will prob see that i'm going by trial and error and it's biting me in the rear. I have done a lot of reading but everybody has a different theory on coco and everything else for that matter. Anyway, take a look if you can. Im not sure if damping-off or what but ive got to save these next to seedlings that are about to pop out the dirt. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Oh and btw, I dont have a ec meter or ppm. Ive been ph-ing the water to about 6.0-6.5 per the visual ph kit color graph! Wow, Looks like I need to place some orders for more gear. No problem just need to know what I need to protect these other two. Strain is NL also!

Just looked at your thread dude you really need a ph meter ec not so important better with one but we can make do .your ph is to high and humidity to low I think

Back
Top Bottom