Coco prepare help needed

V3nomzz

I have 70% coco and 30% perlite from ecothrive
And its not the coco brick form this is the ready to use from the bag.
I did give my self a trial run in terms of rinsing before use.
My tap water is around 40/50ppm from the tap after letting it sit for a few hours with a PH off around 7.2. I add calmag to around 150PPM (no other nutes) and adjust my PH to around 5.7/5.9.
I then rinsed my coco until the water run off becomes somewhat clean, which gave me a PH off 7.8. I'm having no problems with reducing the PPM yet the PH doesn't seems to go down,

I'm keep attempting at growing yet after the seedling stage I just seem to fail. Also I'm really careful with watering.

So it's making me believe it's the coco itself?

Here's the medium I am using.

Please do not guide me in EC that stuff confuses me haha

Your coco was already buffered.......it didn't require rinsing or pre-charging with calmag.
Don't worry about the ppm or pH of your run off unless you're having a problem.......I never check it.
Feed daily to substantial run off at a pH around 6.0......never plain water.
Good luck.

Your coco was already buffered.......it didn't require rinsing or pre-charging with calmag.
Don't worry about the ppm or pH of your run off unless you're having a problem.......I never check it.
Feed daily to substantial run off at a pH around 6.0......never plain water.
Good luck.
Thank you for getting back! I thought you had to exchange the potassium and the sodium, other than me messing the coco up, is it right to say I should add calmag to my water to reach it to a 150PPM? Coco is different to soil so I'm unaware if I should add the smallest nutrient feed as it has no nutrients or will those coteloydns provide enough food for the first week or 2? Also thanks for that link

Thank you for getting back! I thought you had to exchange the potassium and the sodium, other than me messing the coco up, is it right to say I should add calmag to my water to reach it to a 150PPM? Coco is different to soil so I'm unaware if I should add the smallest nutrient feed as it has no nutrients or will those coteloydns provide enough food for the first week or 2? Also thanks for that link
Yes you have to exchange the potassium and sodium cations with calcium and magnesium.......but that's been done because it's already buffered, so it's not necessary. Most coco manufacturers buffer their coco nowadays.......it's not like it was years ago. I use my coco right out of the bag without issue.

Most coco growers don't need calmag if they use tap water.........I never have to use it.

I feed from the day it sprouts with a weak bloom solution......never, ever plain water.

I tried searching for more information on the medium im using and it was coming up with brick guides on how to buffer, I'm using the biobizz range and using fish mix as a replacement to grow and then using grow to trigger flowering, you did mention something about bloom at the start of the sprouts, is that the blooming nutrient itself and would it be best to add say 0.2ml per litre off water?

I tried searching for more information on the medium im using and it was coming up with brick guides on how to buffer, I'm using the biobizz range and using fish mix as a replacement to grow and then using grow to trigger flowering, you did mention something about bloom at the start of the sprouts, is that the blooming nutrient itself and would it be best to add say 0.2ml per litre off water?
I'm not familiar with the nutes you are using so I can't comment on strength.
I use GH MaxiBloom from start to finish.......bloom nutes promote root growth because of the added phosphorous.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom