Please help: RO water and canna nutes with coco coir

Grower2020

Hi please help anyone with knowledge of using Ro water with coco and canna nutrients .
My seedlings seem to b3 slipping directly into a drfici3ncy and I can't tell if it's calcium , magn3sium or iron or other trace elements.
Ok here's a run down
Canna coco and nutrients
Ro water 5.5 ph and ph up to 5.8-6.0 after adding nutes . Even tried upping the ph to 6.4
Doing recomm3nded canna calmag at 400ec and adding small amounts of a and b and working my way up as schedule suggests.
Temp between 25 to 28c and rh 70-80 in line with vpd in seedling stage .
I double buffe3red the canna coco also even though it's pre buffered just to make sure it was not a faulty batch causing it then Rinsed down using more calmag solution to starting ec strength aft3r buffering and before placing seedlings into the m3dia .
Seedlings drooping and th3n praying but even though they are praying at times the growth is still slow with pale typ3 dark green leaves, spots and also early on in seedling stage yellowing between veins and outer edge of leaves all the way to the tip.
I'm wondering if canna isn't compensating for ro users b3csuse even though they bought out a calmag it does not contain iron like a lot of other calmags do .
I'm lost and it's really getting me down I really need some sound advice for ro and if I should be adding in trace elements because since canna only has small amounts of trace elements and considering that most people use some tap water if not all tap water . I'm wondering if I should be adding in trace elements to try and mimic tap water which contains a lot of the trace minerals?
Anyone had a similar problem with canna or even just ro wat3r and coco and any nutrient line that does the same thing as what's happening to me ?
Please help

20221009_203225.jpg

received_1618364148566355.jpeg

20221003_001943.jpg

20220924_131358.jpg

20220918_235525.jpg

So you use ro water? Canna coco nutes only have 0.02iron ? Seems a little too little for such an important micro nutrient. And the canna calmag has no iron as do other calmags I've seen. So it's got a total of 0.02 .I'll check out your journal now

I'm wondering if I should be adding in trace elements to try and mimic tap water which contains a lot of the trace minerals?
From researching online u need canna mono trace mix 0.2ec and calmag 0.2ec it also says on cannas website if your tap water is 0,2 ec add 0.2 calmag your using ro so your ec is 0 u was thinking correct, Then add a and b untill your required ec

From researching online u need canna mono trace mix 0.2ec and calmag 0.2ec it also says on cannas website if your tap water is 0,2 ec add 0.2 calmag your using ro so your ec is 0 u was thinking correct, Then add a and b untill your required ec
Great thanks . I keep having these so called experts telling me that I'm chasing ghosts when I am worrying about micronutrients in coco with ro water. The numbers just don't add up . Why would canna bring out a trace mix if their a and b had everything you need in 2 bottles of a and b . Their a and b is specifically designed for tap water with traces of micronutrients already in it . Which rain does not. I'll b3 picking up a bottle of canna trace

My JR Peters MOST recommendation still stands if you have issues sourcing Canna Trace Mix. CLASSIC ONLINE STORE | JR Peters
I use RO, and do not use MOST, or any other additive micronutrients. JR Peters was nice enough to throw them in the 5-12-26 mix. <3 Jack's.
So you do or don't use extra micros ? Can you post a pic of total micro nutrients contain3d in all of your additives please. Really n3ee to sort this out. Canna only has 0.02 total iron and their calmag doesn't contain any extra iron like other brands of calmag . Instead they opted for the extra nitrogen making it a 2-0-0 calmag.

Have a look at the labels. I use the three on the top row here, the 5-12-26 (A), 15-0-0 (B) Calcium Nitrate, and the third one is the 12-4-16 "RO" one-part veg formula, which is really two parts including the 0.99g/gal Epsom. When I want to reduce nitrogen, after stretch, I will sub in some CaliMagic @ 1-2mL/gal instead of Calcium Nitrate and Epsom Salt. On the chart below, I don't use Clone or Finish, but I do the 7-10 days of 10-30-20 Bloom + Calimagic @ flip. H2O2, Power Si Original and Bloom, yucca powder, and handwatered benes once a week wraps up the additives. Hat tips to KootMed, Dr. MJ Coco, HygroHybrid, Greengene, & JR Peters for being so willing to teach! Love those guys.

1666074539834.png

Back
Top Bottom