Complete Grow Tent Set Up - Your Opinion Please

JesusLover

I was looking into this complete set-up from HTG Supply (There is one near me) as the all-around just go get it, set it up, and grow, no hassle just do it thing. I would like all of yours' opinions on the quality of the products versus the price. Now I understand that many of you could get this for half the price used on e-bay and haggling with buddies and whatnot but this is about "just go buy it all in one trip" and get started.
Here's the link:
HTG Supply - HTG 1000w Grow Tent Kit

$610.95 for the basic set up. But I added the digital ballast for $91.00 and the GrowBright 4" HV Fan & Tall Boy filter Combo for 117.45; for a grand total of $819,40 + $49 tax.

I initially wanted to start with a top quality LED in a smaller tent for less heat and burn-down-the-house reasons but an SK450 Spectrum King LED is $899.00. Maybe I would just rather deal with getting rid of all that heat. but still, six of one, half-dozen of the other...:reading420magazine:

Looks good but i would suggest a hortilux bulb set. they are the best and you will get better buds period. check them out.
I was looking into this complete set-up from HTG Supply (There is one near me) as the all-around just go get it, set it up, and grow, no hassle just do it thing. I would like all of yours' opinions on the quality of the products versus the price. Now I understand that many of you could get this for half the price used on e-bay and haggling with buddies and whatnot but this is about "just go buy it all in one trip" and get started.
Here's the link:
HTG Supply - HTG 1000w Grow Tent Kit

$610.95 for the basic set up. But I added the digital ballast for $91.00 and the GrowBright 4" HV Fan & Tall Boy filter Combo for 117.45; for a grand total of $819,40 + $49 tax.

I initially wanted to start with a top quality LED in a smaller tent for less heat and burn-down-the-house reasons but an SK450 Spectrum King LED is $899.00. Maybe I would just rather deal with getting rid of all that heat. but still, six of one, half-dozen of the other...:reading420magazine:

Went down to the local HTG grow shop and compared a few things... let the dudes make their pitch:

Looks like a...

600 watt digital ballast
-digital plus 600w HPS
--Big Kahuna 6" reflector
---15' socket set
----AgroMax Large grow tent
-----6" GrowBright HV fan
----GrowBright thermometer
--- 6" PureFlow filter
--5 gallon grow bags--skip these I have my own pots
-Roots potting soil
6" flexible ducting
-13" saucer
--1/8" x 8' rope ratchet
--- 16"Growbright oscilating fan
all this stuff give or take what I chose for the 1000 watt set-up but basically the same set-up for both just 600w and 1000w being the difference.

Basically all that for $775 bucks out the door for the 600 watt set-up. and dude said 600 watter will be 10 degrees cooler than 1000 watter.

I won't need the grow bags. I want solid 5 gallon pots that are easy to move around. My Smart Pots aren't necessarily that easy to move in a tight space and water seeps through the sides.

But the LED set-up that was suggested has a cost so far of:

LG-G04B96LED 96 x 3w LED lights ---------------- Two at $180 each -----= $360
Grow Tent ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$140 plus free shipping
Active Air 6" in-line fan 400cfm with fan speed controller -------------------------$94

So I'm at $600 already on that set-up without all the other things I will need. Looks like the 600 watt set-up [for $775 otd] is going to be the way to go... unless I can just buy the $140 grow tent and scour the earth for all used stuff...? But then there's shipping and blah, blah, blah....

Decisions, decisions... :hmmmm:

Just make sure you bring in good fresh air to replenish your natural co2.
Get some good advice from some soil guys on a good feeding reg.
Just remember the word "KISS" keep it simple stupid.
You'll do just fine.
Good Growing.

Back
Top Bottom