Confused about PH for chelated nutrients in soil.

Sangmang

I've been using Megacrop in coco with good success ph 5.5-6 but decided to use soil once just to see. Should I be feeding higher ph in soil like they say or do I keep it the same since I'm using chelated nutrients?

My understanding is that in hydro the nutrients are chelated to be immediately available at a specific ph range. I don't get why the ph range would change in soil using the same nutrients. Also, am I negating the benefits of soil by using chelated nutrients? Thanks!

I've been using Megacrop in coco with good success ph 5.5-6 but decided to use soil once just to see. Should I be feeding higher ph in soil like they say or do I keep it the same since I'm using chelated nutrients?

My understanding is that in hydro the nutrients are chelated to be immediately available at a specific ph range. I don't get why the ph range would change in soil using the same nutrients. Also, am I negating the benefits of soil by using chelated nutrients? Thanks!
Good Afternoon my friend.
Coco is 5.8 ph religiously.
Soil buffers itself so you shouldn't need to ph in soil.
If you do 6.3 ph is perfect for Soil.
I add bokashi and frass which produces microbes and fungi.
It helps feed the roots even if ph is not correct.
Plus it produces huge plants.

PSX_20230418_101904.jpg

PSX_20230418_101228.jpg

Ph in coco is usually very important.
In soil you should be ok.
Bill284 Method

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

a lot of folk drop ph with MC altogether. no matter the media. there's different types of chelation, MC is a bit friendlier to ph in most media.

to be certain stick with ph for the chosen media if at all worried. it won't hurt to ph with MC, the parent company itself is cagey on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom