Container for soil

Groundtop

Hello all! I have three plants that are currently growing, one is in the flower state, another has just been flipped, and the third is mainline in vegetative state.

All of these ladies are in clay pots, but I want to transplant the mainliner into a new container.

Any suggestions? I keep hearing stuff about eco pots or some type of cloth pots? Anyone have experience with this?

I would like to use a container that I can poke and prod holes into so that I can better LST my new growth.

Thanks a lot guys! Happy gardening!

Fabric pots are amazing if you ask me. Roots love them. Some people use the cloth shopping bags even. You will have to water more often. I just poke holes in rim and tie down to it. A little floppier than a regular pot but it works just fine for me. I've seen someone put grommets around to make it look better.

Fabric is the way to grow. Roots love them x2! Can be reused over and over with a little cleaning. Velcro straps found at nurseries is good for LSTing and you can poke holes with wire ties if necessary.

There are different types of fabric pots bit yes those are the best. If you get a bigger pots get the expensive ones with nice sewn on handles. If you want to move around a big 20 gallon plant you dont want to be ripping them. I saw a farm in cheap 50 gallon and larger and soooooo many ripped.

Fine for 5 gallon and smaller to use cheapo.

There are different types of fabric pots but yes those are the best. If you get a bigger pots get the expensive ones with nice sewn on handles. If you want to move around a big 20 gallon plant you dont want to be ripping them. I saw a farm in cheap 50 gallon and larger and soooooo many ripped.

Fine for 5 gallon and smaller to use cheapo.

I use fabric pots, not the “smart pot” brand, they were out of my budget. For LST, I use the small metal clips, like are used to hold papers together , I double over the fabric and clip on the clip to hold it together, and tie my plant ties to the parts of the clip you squeeze together with your fingers. Works well. Hope this helps.
image.jpg

Those clips work great, great tip!

Back
Top Bottom