Controling a mother plant

deffedtx

I have a couple of questions hopfully someone can help me
I have indica mother plant in hydro and it is getting to big I was wondering if I could cut the roots to slow it down or is the another way to slow down her growth I have cut the nutes down to about 6 - 700 ppm

Question #2
when I am flowering and notice a male I want to keep can I just reveg the male and flower at a later date to get the pollen

I have indica mother plant in hydro and it is getting to big I was wondering if I could cut the roots to slow it down or is the another way to slow down her growth I have cut the nutes down to about 6 - 700 ppm

Question #2
when I am flowering and notice a male I want to keep can I just reveg the male and flower at a later date to get the pollen

dont cut the roots. Keep the PPM to aprox 900-1000. take cuttings or just trim away. You can take 50% of a plant w/o any harm. trim,LST but dont starve it and dont hurt the roots
sure you can reveg to get pollen if you want..no one does it but it will work

advanced nutrients has a nutrient calculater on its web site. One of the options is calculating nutrients for mothers.
also couldnt a person control the size of their mother by size of the pot and letting it get root bound?
Wink

Question #2

You have a mother that's getting too big? Pooooor thing. ;)

:bravo:

I have to agree, don't cut the roots. That can mess up a plant big time and cause your mother to be dead instead of a great plant to clone. That is something that could certainly be handled by a professional.

Yeah, cutting the nutes down will help, but again, you don't want to mess with the growing too much. After all, you still want her to grow.

If you want to keep the male, that seems to make sense to go ahead with your plan. Not sure I've ever been in that situation to have to make that choice.

You might find that the mother doesn't grow much more at this point. Maybe the girl just had a growth spurt and she will settle down now.

:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom