Cooler Micro Grow! - Free!

MrBudget

*Note - This is not my first grow, I am aware that the lighting and various features are in need of improvement... But I enjoy pulling a nice box out of a budget of $30 or less. Heck, I would say that I enjoy the build more than the grow sometimes. lol
I built this baby from free Amazon giftcards from various websites. This box was free, but the total cost out of pocket would have been around $20. :)

I asked myself going in 'What is the smallest footprint I can leave with my personal stash-grow?' and I decided to build off of usb power!

LIST:

10w LED Strip (changes to 9 colors and strobe, planning 2 more)
5 port usb hub
1Gal Smart-pot
1 food grade bottle (for wick system)
Aluminium Foil
Bamboo skewers
36 Can insulated cooler
Cardboard (4 inch high reflector base to hide unused vertical space and lower pot)
COST - $0.00!!!

Total exposed surface space is probably just shy of one square foot.

I spiraled the light strip down the side for maximum node exposure!

I'm popping some bag seed tonight, can't wait! :D

My Questions:
Does anyone know of a way to set a timer for usb switch?

..and I've left it on and sealed for several hours now - no heat build up what-so-ever. Is a vent fan really necessary? I bought a small fan but am now contemplating using it for a trunk-stem aggitator instead of exhaust...

Could I get away with a yeast Co2 drip for such a small space? (Instead of said exhaust fan lol)

40e8d98c1cec431841a30a87a9cb1a5f.jpg
dbeb11e27e1ff8b1193b7746a43e1cba.jpg
9f8b645aba5e178ed6dfb896c4928055.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom