Could I add anything to the water in a bubble cloner?

pointer80

Hello all, I just built a bubble cloner and was wondering if I could add anything to the water to help it out? Thanks all.

Just a few drops of a calmag product will help
Why is everyone on this site obsessed with calmag? You ever tried growing without it? My tap water is as clean as it gets at 48ppm and l don't need it at all untill bloom. Even then it's only tiny amounts once a week or so.
It's like how everyone on grow easy thinks everything is tmv. It's really wierd lol.

Why is everyone on this site obsessed with calmag? You ever tried growing without it? My tap water is as clean as it gets at 48ppm and l don't need it at all untill bloom. Even then it's only tiny amounts once a week or so.
It's like how everyone on grow easy thinks everything is tmv. It's really wierd lol.
I'll tell you exactly why. Adding a few drops of calmag to the cloner will put a buffer into the water #1. #2 is that a calmag product will add very small amounts of MANY minerals that clones can use early on. No, it's not a must but it does offer a few things. The biggest is the buffer it can provide. THATS WHY!

My tap water is as clean as it gets at 48ppm and l don't need it at all untill bloom
That's great for you isnt it? Others, or better yet most others dont use a water that has that effect. I use Reverse osmosis so my water has 0ppm. Yes, I need Calcium and Magnesium. Does my tap water have both? Yes, actually too much inside its 250ppm so it causes nutrient imbalances. Cannabis needs good amounts of Calcium and Magnesium and when your short on Magnesium you may as well hang up the idea of getting a good yield because you won't!

That's great for you isnt it? Others, or better yet most others dont use a water that has that effect. I use Reverse osmosis so my water has 0ppm. Yes, I need Calcium and Magnesium. Does my tap water have both? Yes, actually too much inside its 250ppm so it causes nutrient imbalances. Cannabis needs good amounts of Calcium and Magnesium and when your short on Magnesium you may as well hang up the idea of getting a good yield because you won't!
Yeah for ro water it's necessary but he didn't say he was using that.
My point is though, with my tap water being 48ppm id bet the ca/mg content is maybe 30ppm at best. If a 7 week vegged plant doesn't need any more than that and what's in my nutes then why would a seedling ever need it?
The ro water brings up another point actually. Yes I'm lucky in Scotland with it but the vast majority of england has water that shitty that 250ppm is considered clean. They don't need calmag untill later veg/stretch iether and they dont need ro water because they're sensible, know they've got shitty "hard water" so they buy hard water nutes. Unlike me who buys soft water nutes.
Iether way, the ro water isn't needed and the calmag isn't needed.
Grown plenty pounders not using it till late veg and only needing 0.5-1ml/l once a week for bloom. Profile pic is a 600g auto I done like that so to say you can't get a good yield without using loads of it is simply wrong.
Most of the time I do use it it's because I get iron Def soon as they start flower and my calmag has iron it. Probably funnily enough something to do with my water now that I think of it cause not many people get just iron Def.

But yeah there's my thoughts on the matter lol.
I

My point is though, with my tap water being 48ppm id bet the ca/mg content is maybe 30ppm at best. If a 7 week vegged plant doesn't need any more than that and what's in my nutes then why would a seedling ever need it?
The ro water brings up another point actually. Yes I'm lucky in Scotland with it but the vast majority of england has water that shitty that 250ppm is considered clean. They don't need calmag untill later veg/stretch iether and they dont need ro water because they're sensible, know they've got shitty "hard water" so they buy hard water nutes. Unlike me who buys soft water nutes.
Grown plenty pounders not using it till late veg and only needing 0.5-1ml/l once a week for bloom. Profile pic is a 600g auto I done like that so to say you can't get a good yield without using loads of it is simply wrong.
Most of the time I do use it it's because I get iron Def soon as they start flower and my calmag has iron it. Probably funnily enough something to do with my water now that I think of it cause not many people get just iron Def.

I
You're not getting the point of my suggestion about adding about 5 drops of Calmag to the cloner water. It's not a matter of them needing Calcium and Magnesium. A Calmag product is a very good (lightweight) way of adding a mineral BUFFER to the water in the cloner. This has several advantages and NO disadvantages.

You're not getting the point of my suggestion about adding about 5 drops of Calmag to the cloner water. It's not a matter of them needing Calcium and Magnesium. A Calmag product is a very good (lightweight) way of adding a mineral BUFFER to the water in the cloner. This has several advantages and NO disadvantages.
Fair enough mate, I'll accept that.
See loads of people recommending 200ppm of it to soak seeds n mad stuff like that is what I meant anyway lol.
150-200ppm seems to be the average dose is see flying about and I just meant that it's not something I've seen on other forums. Really is a lot of heavy calmaggers on here but on the sites with more UK populous it's not really something most bother about. Even the ones with the shitty water supply.
I say there's is shitty, mine actually comes from recycled water and there's a plant a few miles from me. There's a good chance I'm drinking water I've actually shat in at some point.Tastes fuckin awesome though lol :)

Fair enough mate, I'll accept that.
See loads of people recommending 200ppm of it to soak seeds n mad stuff like that is what I meant anyway lol.
150-200ppm seems to be the average dose is see flying about and I just meant that it's not something I've seen on other forums. Really is a lot of heavy calmaggers on here but on the sites with more UK populous it's not really something most bother about. Even the ones with the shitty water supply.
I say there's is shitty, mine actually comes from recycled water and there's a plant a few miles from me. There's a good chance I'm drinking water I've actually shat in at some point.Tastes fuckin awesome though lol :)
I know what you mean. Seems like every grow issue you see ten replies that "CalMag" will fix everything. It bothers me too so I understand where you were coming from. The usage I am advocating for is a whole different use for it than normally used for. Seems most growers have some type of the product on hand so it's something they can use that won't cost extra money. Just so happens it works well for the buffer use with clean water when just a few drops are used. That way it's not so much for the nutrient content for the clone to feed on but to make the water stable. I know we are on the same page here, I just figured I would give a better explanation of my thoughts. When I type a message at 3:00am it's not usually thoroughly explained.

I
Yeah, mine's 300. Nuff calcium there I reckon. I'd add Epsom salts if I thought mag was lacking in flower and it's got sulphur for more smellies.

Are you fogging the roots or the leaves?
For thge roots I cannot say.
For the leaves add a wee bit, 3ml/l h20, H2O2.. peroxide. I use 11,5% peroxide, reduced to about 1/5, 1/6. It adds an oxygen atom to the Water AND keeps algae at bay. Wear gloves with the 11,5% upwards stuff.. burns!! Mind you, this is the un pH'd water.. I imagine, it being acidic, pH would go down?
Mounty

Back
Top Bottom