Could I setup carbon filter like this?

AHomelessRat

Hello,
Im planning on starting my first grow in 2-3 weeks tops but before i start growing i want to have the smell UNDER control. So I was thinking about setting up my CF and Ex fan inside my growroom, but have the duct right next to my window (Thinking about building something that would allow me to stick the duct right to my window without anyone noticing).
so i can have fresh air coming into my CF. My window is 9 feet away from my closet which is my growroom, i was thinking about putting my fan halfway from CF and Window, would this be a effective settup or nah? btw im using two"Plant light" as said on the box which gives me 65W each, im only growing one plant btw

P.S
Sorry if my explanation was bad, this is my first grow, and im planning on growing LSD-25 if anyone knows how bad thatll stink. Just dont want my apartment smelling like weed 24/7 lol.Thanks :).

re: Could I set up carbon filter like this?

Hey there and welcome to the 420 Mag community! Lots of great info and people here.

Generally you would want to set up your carbon filters inside the tent first, then duct it to your extractor fan, and then ducting to your window. You could use one of those wicker blinds to put in your window and set your ducting up to that securely. This way no one will see in the window. There is a sort of tutorial somewhere on the net but I cant remember where so I cant help you on the part of how to secure it in your window. Try to google cheap DIY exhaust system for growing. You wont be able to get fresh air coming in through this ducting though, it will only flow one way and that is out. If you are looking to air intake, make some intake ports at the bottom of your space and cover them with a mesh type material or filter to keep dust from coming in. The suction from your extractor fan will pull in new air thru these ports. Hope this helps you get an idea.

Hi there Homeless Rat. I was contemplating venting out my window as well but the one thing that concerns me is that when your fan has to be on 24/7, especially in flowering, there is quite a bit of noise coming out of the duct. I am wanting to remain as stealthy as possible and felt that having that noise coming out of my window, again 24/7, would be too suspicious. I own so I just cut a hole in the bottom of the closet wall and vent into the next room. Just something you may want to check out in case you are trying to remain stealthy. Depending on where your window location is, you may be fine.

Good Luck!

I dont have a grow tent man sadly :/, I will just have my plant on a chair with the lighting pointing at it directly from above in open space. So I believe fresh air will always be circulating, right?

Where you are growing in a closet and plan to have an exhaust running, yes there should always be air circulating since the closet isnt air tight, it will bring in fresh air from the room the closet is in thru the gaps/cracks in the closet. Always good to keep a small fan in the closet to keep the air moving around evenly as well. If you are worried about any noise the fan and ducting may cause, you could always look for insulated ducting I believe it is, much more quiet than regular ducting.

Now for your lighting.. You say the plant will be sitting on a chair under the light. What type of lights are these "plant lights"? Are they a t5 fluorescent tubes or are they cfl's? With either type of these lights you will want them as close to the plant as possible. You can get them up to a couple inches away from the plant without burning the leaves. The further away they are the less light the plant actually gets and if they are to far away the plant will grow tall and skinny stretching towards the light.

Well Could i easily just leave my closet door open? So air can circulate throughout the room while also having the window up

And the light says Plant light Reflector kit
Its 65W
BR30 bulb type
medium base

I have the mounting of the lighting under control. Let me see if i can find a link to the lights im using though.

Its a GE plant light reflector kit 65w
I couldnt post link because my phone is acting stupid :/ but if you google that its gonna be the first thing to pop up.

Yes leaving the closet door open will always help, along with a fan inside the closet to keep the air moving in there. As for your lights I am not to sure about them as I have never seen them personally. You should be able to get them pretty close to the plant. General rule of thumb here - if you put your hand at the same height as the top of the plant directly under the light for about 30 seconds and it starts to burn or irritate your skin, your light is to close. I'm not sure how much heat these lights would give off. The other thing I noticed about them when I read the description was the color, it says multicolor. Is this a white/blue light? Blue color spectrum is good for veg and red color spectrum for flowering.

Its blue and i just picked up another light so now i have 3 in all which is 195w in all. And i got 2 air purifiers and im gonna go get 2 or 3 more air purifiers on a later day. So if i have 5 air purifiers running in the same room would that be equivalent to a CF or nah?

Nothing beats a good ol a carbon filter in my book. One plant won't need a big one.

I got something like this for around 130$ , should cover 12 plants or so. Not sure. Let you know how it goes for me. Git 3 girls in their 4th week of flower. Not smelling a thing till I'm in the cabinets.

Blower

6" Fan Blower: 440 CFM - 2600 RPM - 120 Volt /60 Hertz - 115 WattEfficient and quiet air movement for inline ventilation projects.Curved blades provide impressive air powerRequires no maintenance due to lubricated ball bearing motors.Minimal vibration and noise generation.Mounting brackets included14"(H) x 11" (W) x 8"

6" Flange Carbon Air Filter for Hydroponics

Activated Carbon Charcoal Filter52mm thick carbon layerMaintenance Free DesignSafe and Effective OperationCotton Filter PadAprox 20" Long- over all Diameter 8"

Back
Top Bottom