couple seedling questions

You'll probably get several opinions on this seedling question.

You can remove the dome when you see the first two primary leaves pop-up from the rockwool. Or if your dome has the air holes at the top, you could start to open these a little to let a little air movement inside the dome (Again, once you see green).

While you're waiting for the leaf set, you should probably remove the dome once or twice a day, for a minute, to let a little air circulate.

I think, until you see the leaves and stalk, you're still in the germination "step".

S.F.

personally i germinated for 24hrs i came back to find all my seeds cracked open not really any root coming out, you could see it , it wanted life, but it was not out yet, i planted that day and all have come up less the 48hrs later and are growing nicely

Much appreciated Zodiak! Anyone on the dome???

I'm not big on domes at all. Too much humidity is worse than a low RH IMO.

For sure start getting air in there and getting those plants hardened off. Remove the dome for say 1/2 hr 2x/day, 1st day. Then 1 hr off 2x/day second day and so on till no dome at all within a week.

Make the roots look for water, not the leaves.

There are no domes in nature. At least not where I live.;)

Oh, and seedlings don't need nutes for the first 3-4 weeks, so no nutes either for the moment.

DD

Back
Top Bottom