Crazy Thursday Eve. Any Coloradoans out there with knowledge?

sir blackalot

Such an odd but very stressfull evening. It started with my wife and I chillin like we normally do. Watch some tv and I and I only rippin some tubes. A knock comes at my door and its leo asking about the weed smell. I inform them that I'm a mmj patient and just got done smoking. They tell me they want to see my paperwork inside my house. Not knowing too much of what I can and can't do (and being just scared) I let them in my living room and produce paperwork. As that's going on one of the cops slinks back into my grow. She immediatly calls it in and the fun begins. 4 cops show up and start lookin at everything. I had from their standards way too many plants. I admit to them that I was ignorant of the law but some of the plants aren't in "living state". They counted 44 plants in total. But I explain to them that 2 are dead and awaiting proper disposal, 8 are drying and curing, and 15 of them are clones that aren't rooted. That's when I tell them I'm willing to destroy anything they need for me to be compliant. If I didn't care about the law I wouldn't of spent 200 dollars on my mmj license. After about an hour of this, the metro drug task force show up. Him and his partner read me my rights, sat me down and talked about how I messed up, and went back to my grow. I tell him the exact same thing about not knowing and that I'm willing to do what it takes to make them happy. He starts to give me the shakedown of what I know and how much I'm selling. I show him around my house and say "does this look like a drug dealers house? You can see my wife and I are simple folk." So after a bit, they make me and the wife sit on my couch while they're back there taking pictures,writing things down, and getting brown paper bags for samples. 2 1/2 hours of this and everybody is getting ready to leave. The task force guys says that he's going to try for 4th degree felony. But when they leave, all they left was 2 business cards. No paperwork, no taking of anything, just cards. The last thing that was said to me that eve was that the prosocuters would get all this and a warrant will be issued in a few days. And also to give the task force a call to have them inspect that I'm within legal limits. So I'm asking to any out there especially colorodoans does this seem odd? If anybody knows any good representation in mile high area? We both were hit by the economy so I'm afraid if I can't afford a lawyer I'm up the creek. Sorry so long, but thanks for reading and any support givin.

Let's hope the State's Attorney doesn't pursue it. If there ever is a next time, never let ANY leo in your hose without a warrant, EVER. This is your right by law. I am hoping they just said that to stress you out, something they commonly do when they are unable to gather enough evidence for a solid case, so instead of just letting you go, they leave you in fear, as a last stab in the gut. So sorry you had to go through this brother, just one more reason we do what we do. Sending you lots of love and positive energy through the Universe.

First, never let the cops in your house... EVER. Make them kick down your door. If you don't want the extra crap doing that may invite, go outside and close/lock the door behind you. Make sure you have your paperwork/ID on you, they may try to come in with you if you tell them you left it inside.

If they do have a warrant be sure to tell them " I DO NOT CONSENT TO YOUR SEARCH". Hopefully a LEO has a camera on and this statement by you can be used, in case they have a bad warrant... wich happens more than you would think.

Get 100% legit now or yesterday. If you are the only one with a card 3 plants in veg (this sadly includes clones) 3 in flower. No more than 2 ounces of usable marihuana/cannabis on the premises. (56 grams) They do not care if it is 80 grams wet and gonna be 40 grams when dry...... 2 ounces (56 grams), period. Yes it is technically 56.7 grams but better to be under a little than over any.

If your wife also has a card, of course 2x all that above.

Call a lawyer now or yesterday.

:goodluck:
WillyB

PS: Nothing ever seems odd coming from a typical LEO.
*VERY few are good, most are powertripping asshats.
*This is my own experience only, in 30+ years(first "contact") and at least 15 or so "contacts"(includes traffic stops) = 10 assholes, 3 ok and 2 fine officers of the law (2 Just doing their job, and that is what they did .. no dicking around).

BE IRIE-no, my wife doesn't hold a card. she's a non smoker, but i may make her get a card now. and no, we live in old littleton. but may be making the move sooner than what i was planning.

420-i truly hope thats all this is is a scare tactic. it definetly worked. never again will i let leo inside. like i said i was scared and didn't know what my rights were. hopefully to my credit i was very cooperative and was willing to do the neccassary thing to make them happy. thanks for the list. i have an appt this morning with one of them (weather permitting). im taking in any and all positive energy so keep it a comin,lol.

WillyBudz- i stayed up all night thurs and fri tearing down stuff and destroying extra equipment and plants. and hopefully im going to see an attorney this morning. it sucks that you have in the world bad and good and usually the bad ones are in majority.

This morning I went to apologize to my neighbors for the cops beating on their doors also and he told me no prob, he thought they were there for him and his mom. the cops parked in front of his house, smelled herb, and immediatly came to the conclusion of a grow in the cul de sac. its cool and sucks at the same time that EVERYONE in my circle smokes. hoping all goes well. thanks again everyone

Back
Top Bottom