• Crystals!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Mildew!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Crystals and Mildew....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Etzmishpat

Hey, in week 4 of flower here and just wondering whether these are crystals or mildew...

Attachments

• ED5C101F-9D50-497B-8B31-920CFE7F2D48.png
    ED5C101F-9D50-497B-8B31-920CFE7F2D48.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 395
more pics for context. I’m using an added UVB light from California Lightworks, which could be responsible for the unusual crystal development... or it could be mold.

Attachments

• 2878A286-7C73-47F3-8119-0BFC4813D032.jpeg
    2878A286-7C73-47F3-8119-0BFC4813D032.jpeg
    899.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 5819BC9E-C25B-4989-8A88-43A87880A07C.jpeg
    5819BC9E-C25B-4989-8A88-43A87880A07C.jpeg
    759 KB · Views: 267
Looks like trichs to me (why they call the leaves near the Flowers "sugar leaves"), PM will usually show up on the non sugar leaves also as typically plant wide, bud rot a whole different thing and looks like dead/brown flowers. You have a loupe to check the trichs later on in Flower? You will see the trichs better that way and can see the difference.

Looks like trichs to me (why they call the leaves near the Flowers "sugar leaves"), PM will usually show up on the non sugar leaves also as typically plant wide, bud rot a whole different thing and looks like dead/brown flowers.
Thanks, I thought it was crystals but it’s just super early... at least 3 weeks left to go - already vaped one fresh bud and it’s very potent. Should be insane by harvest!

Thanks, I thought it was crystals but it’s just super early... at least 3 weeks left to go - already vaped one fresh bud and it’s very potent. Should be insane by harvest!

Probably at least 4 weeks looks like to me and probably more than that, but a lot of variables that can affect how fast they mature. Also varies a lot on the Strain.

I have a 10x mag loop and a 50x1000x usb scope, charging the scope up now. will post the pics.

The goal with this grow (it’s my first grow ever) was to produce the best quality herb possible within the limits of Canadian recreational growing laws... so there’s some significant equipment in there.

On the advice of various posters I installed each of the top lights in this tent and it’s affecting the same plants very differently:

here’s a list of lighting equipment in the tent:

1x HLG QB V2 100 @ 3000K
1 x same at 4000k
2 x P300 [brand name banned / not sponsor] LED
5x Cree 3590 CXB 100watt COB w/ Mean well dimmable
1 x California Light Works UVB 25watt Florescent Tube

=
~ 800-850 true watts from the wall.
No CO2 supplementation.

Temps are easily controlled and stable as long as the Cree CXB COBs are not driven above ~65%

The most heat seems to come from the HLG 100s - both run at over 60 C (checked with a flir IR cam) - HLG isn’t known for putting out so much heat but... they def do.

Probably at least 4 weeks looks like to me and probably more than that, but a lot of variables that can affect how fast they mature. Also varies a lot on the Strain.

More than 4 weeks eh... dang. I will wait it out for three plants but I may have to chop one of the 4 early to be able to start at least one new one for the next cycle.

One of the plants is turning super yellow but her buds are the best developed. I’m thinking we chop Madam Wang early and then start one new seed while the other three mature.

We are working with a strict 4 plant max, which is arbitrary and irritating.

With this grow (although it’s my first) I can already see how proper plant training with extended veg can easily get one plants to yield more than 4... so why the 4 plant limit? It does not appear to have been well thought out by the drafters.

The next plant will be trained to give a super-yield... She will probably have to veg for 4 full months and I’ll flower clones from her for intermediate harvests while she is trained. She’s going to get her own greenhouse with supplemented sun-light.

The neighbours have suggested someone will steal her. We’ll see

Attachments

• 6368C691-EB29-4C67-97B7-193BE866E99E.jpeg
    6368C691-EB29-4C67-97B7-193BE866E99E.jpeg
    810.9 KB · Views: 92
They have to come up with a number somehow to differentiate between own supply and selling, I had two outside ones last year and got almost 4 zips off of each, where I'm at the max usable Flower you can technically have in your house is 8 ounces which is quite a bit (or least most Rec folks, Medical can vary a lot and some Rec folks I suppose heavy usage ;) ). Depends on if you using Regular seeds and how your luck is, problem is if half (or more) of your 4 plants turn out to be Males after wasting 5-8 weeks growing them ;) :rofl:

Also just looked at last pic you had, you better off not getting the leaves wet like that in Flower as can cause you issues, one of the problems with growing outside is too much rain wrong time of year can have you fighting with PM or Budrot. Could be the Strain or Phenotype or just genetic dice roll on the one being different color if they same age, though they will do that towards the end as they know they dying and will scavenge off non essential leaves.

They have to come up with a number somehow to differentiate between own supply and selling, I had two outside ones last year and got almost 4 zips off of each, where I'm at the max usable Flower you can technically have in your house is 8 ounces which is quite a bit (or least most Rec folks, Medical can vary a lot and some Rec folks I suppose heavy usage ;) ). Depends on if you using Regular seeds and how your luck is, problem is if half (or more) of your 4 plants turn out to be Males after wasting 5-8 weeks growing them ;) :rofl:

Here the laws are silent as to any limit for flower weight (if 4 “plants” produce 10 kilos, it’s no different than 4 ounces - but if you have 5 plants even if they produce only 5 grams it’s a criminal offence and you’re in for a very bad time).

As to seeds, our 4 plants must be grown from
i. government sourced seeds or
ii. derivatives of government sourced seeds that were lawfully obtained.

Government seeds are feminized in Ontario so that’s very helpful.

So, as you can see, these laws are either not rationally connected to the purpose of the law (controlling quantity of recreational cannabis production) or only very remotely connected to the same.

When you consider that there is no limit on quantity for the possession of Cannabis in a dwelling (so long as it is produced in the manner described above) the law makes even less sense and may actually be unconstitutional. But let’s let someone else fight that battle.

Our main restriction is travel outside a dwelling which is limited to something like 28-30g dried flower - our new law deems ONE seed to be equivalent to ONE grab of flower - travelling with 31 seeds? It’s a major criminal offence.

Interesting laws we have now.

They may or may not get the laws straightened out eventually, it is (or was here in Oregon anyway and other States that went legal) kind of a clusterflock at first until they put more thought into some of the rules, and they can change them from time to time so best to stay on top of what is "current". But like here Rec is allowed 4 plants period, but it all comes down to if you are not selling and following the rules (if you don't own land up to person that does, can't sell but you can give away to friends/whatever up to the public possession limit if they are 21 (one ounce), etc.....) they not going to mess with you or know what you are doing, so even though legal if stretching limits one has to be careful how many folks know what you are doing just like when it was illegal, as someone says something to wrong person and it goes downhill from there. It's just if you have so much (plants or flowers) that even they can tell you are way beyond what can be justified as "for personal use", some folks in the legal system know more about it while others have no clue what is "typical".

Can someone suggest what might be wrong with Madam Wang? She’s the yellow-plant. How might this affect potency? Thanks.

Attachments

• 63B88A8D-0F11-4ABA-821E-EA642BC11938.jpeg
    63B88A8D-0F11-4ABA-821E-EA642BC11938.jpeg
    911.5 KB · Views: 52
More of Madam Wang. She has potent buds that are more developed than any of her sisters. We can’t figure out what’s is wrong with her.

Attachments

• B31BBE3A-EF74-4B6D-8D41-AE0DF423538F.jpeg
    B31BBE3A-EF74-4B6D-8D41-AE0DF423538F.jpeg
    911.5 KB · Views: 31
Also probably varies on where you are at if an issue or how much they "care", as the metropolis of Toronto a lot different than Ear Falls ;) :rofl:

Yeah, with respect to Toronto vs everywhere else, I knew someone in Gravenhurst (an hour an a half north of Toronto) who was tried and convicted for possession of 0.6 gram of marijuana under the former law.

That’s not the sort of thing someone would be prosecuted for as a first offence (without very peculiar aggravating circumstances) in the GTA... but in Gravenhurst, at that time, apparently the Crown had enough time to prosecute a first offence like that - you never know so it’s best to err on the side of caution or these first few years even in the GTA.

Yeah, with respect to Toronto vs everywhere else, I knew someone in Gravenhurst (an hour an a half north of Toronto) who was tried and convicted for possession of 0.6 gram of marijuana under the former law.

That’s not the sort of thing someone would be prosecuted for as a first offence (without very peculiar aggravating circumstances) in the GTA... but in Gravenhurst, at that time, apparently the Crown had enough time to prosecute a first offence like that - you never know so it’s best to err on the side of caution or these first few years even in the GTA.

Perfect example of how it can vary even with the same "rules", have to know your area if you plan on straying outside their "magic numbers", as in the City or Rural can make a big difference sometimes as to where their priorities are (or if they bored and have nothing else to do).

Back
Top Bottom