Cure Time?

This would be a highly personal question & that it would be....

To many heads here to agree upon such a topic, but if it works for you it is all :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Depends on a lot if things. Proper drying is equally important. Dry it too quick and it will take longer to cure. I usually look at 4 weeks in the jars to get it smokeable for me. 4 months and its really good. I have read opinions that it starts to lose potency after a year. In have never had any around that long to way in on that.

I haven't done tests, do I can't tell. But you have good advice.
This would be a highly personal question & that it would be....

To many heads here to agree upon such a topic, but if it works for you it is all :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
Fuzzy :hug: long time no see :hug:

Well, all part of the parcel is the slow air dry if you can pull that off ?

The standard two week burp the jar cure is the bare basic you do before sealing up the jars & i would believe a majority of growers would do this in a general practice.

How ever if people would think this is a suitable for what pleasures deemed worthy, i myself would not !

One i do not smoke tobacco & prefer the pure cannabis herb for its taste to which i may add my favourite pipe if is by grav labs a little ol 7 inch steam roller... if i grow a berry strain i wanna taste it ! Plus short cures really don't bring out the full flavour & smoothness in the herb if you prefer glass smoke ware or vape's etc.

I myself, 3 months is an average cure time before combustions methods applied & i'm extremely rare person where i may cure the herb for longer in good conditions aka storage.

I've got a couple of jars of vintage weed between 1 year old to 1 year 6 month old not much left now before i do another grow for personal use etc but it is so smooth, sweet & full of flavour its amazing... i will tell a little tale.

I'm a jedi :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Storage for long term is best done air sealed, totally dark in a room/space with out to much temperature fluctuations & your bud will be pretty safe for long term.

How ever once in the grinder optimal flavour, aroma may last a few days, really depends on how quick you smoke it or other methods but several days it may well loose odour & some potency.

Minimum would be two weeks. I've always found that the longer the better. For example I just harvested some Dark Star that was pretty harsh on the throat after two weeks, so I just continued curing until the smoke was more to my liking. After about two months it was perfect. So it really depends on the strain and what the grower/smoker likes in the finished product.

Back
Top Bottom