Curing 101 help please

How long does it usually take for the chlorophyll and other vegge taste to dissipate ????
I get the drying thing, i think
Sorry never. You said you dried it down to 55–58rh in a week @ 68f.
To hot too quick, possibly to much wind. When your down to 55rh there is no bringing it back to do a proper slow dry. 55rh is fine —I prefer a dryer bud— it just has to get there a little slower.

Boy I’m confused now myself….I kinda understand what he’s saying about the “jar/burp” process not really being a cure in the truest sense of the word.
But am I correct in concluding that if my buds are dried (in 60/60 or close to it) until they are 60-62% rh, then burping is counterproductive??
Basically only burp if you are desiring a lower rh level….??
This makes sense….the last plant I harvested was a small auto that dried to 58/59rh when I jarred it. From the first day it reeked when i opened the jar…..a great smell, exactly what I’d hoped for. Then after burping daily for a couple weeks or so, the strong pungent odor has waned a bit.
I guess in retrospect, there was no need to burp and it actually hurt the aroma.
My only question now is which way is better to “slow dry”? Letting it hang longer until it gets to 60%rh (that’s where I like it) or jarring it earlier, say at 70%, and burping it down to 60%????

1664842139874.png

What i read is very consistent over many articles , im sure you mean the same thing, but maybe i just understand the article a little better….
You said my weed is ready after the somewhat quick dry, and this says a “cure” of a month or more will help dissipate these sugars and chlorophyll……..

Really nice thread. Enjoyed the pics of the cob @zigzagman1960

Looks amazingly tasty! I’ve got to try this soon. Been wanting to but just haven’t committed to it.

NTH
It looks crazy good, I think my Temple Kush with a high that’s supposed to be hallucinatory would really kick ass.

I did learn one thing, the humid pacs maintain whats already there, that was news to me.

Thanx everyone

Sorry @zigzagman1960 i do end up understanding, eventually :ganjamon: For a new grower it’s daunting. Im an A/V guy and i see the new A/V guys online buying this and that, going in all different directions, its not easy to watch…

Back
Top Bottom