Cuttings: How Long Before They Need Planted?

Ravenplume

Before my surviving three flower (I am pretty certain these three are girls, as the boys flowered earlier in the month and no flowers showing here yet), I am thinking it may be time to take a cutting or two of Tinkerbell, the one that I am trying to keep pure for simply harvesting and smoking instead of trying for seeds.

For the time being, at least until the little aphid problem with our gal down in the grow room is resolved, I was thinking just keeping the cuttings in bottles of water outside, like I am doing with the pollen branches from earlier.

That said, how long will cuttings remain alive this way before needing to finally be given a rooting hormone and planted in a pot?

If you put an air pump hose in the water to create oxygen you can leave the cuttings in the water till they root without rooting hormones.... It will take longer then with a lil rooting hormone or if you can't wait for rooting hormone use honey works great. I have had clone cuttings stay alive in a mini bubble for a month before I planted the clones. :)

Since I was just going to put these in plastic water bottles and keep them outside until I can otherwise get around to them, I reckon just refreshing their water every few days may work as well without the air pump?

Come to think of it, that has been working pretty good on the pollen branches which have been in bottles of water for a good three weeks, and are remaining verdant and even developing further.

Since I was just going to put these in plastic water bottles and keep them outside until I can otherwise get around to them, I reckon just refreshing their water every few days may work as well without the air pump?

Come to think of it, that has been working pretty good on the pollen branches which have been in bottles of water for a good three weeks, and are remaining verdant and even developing further.
Exactly, I did the same with a few clones i cut from an outside blooming plant that was going to die in the winter snow. I cut a bunch of seeded branches put them in water with a bubbler and the seeds matured enough in the remaining weeks to keep and grew some of them out this summer, but yes just refreshing the water should be fine too!

Back
Top Bottom