Darade's Second Grow, Perpetual

6/7/22

IMG_2388.jpg
IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

It's been a while since I've given a proper update, here she is, after attempting to drought her, she WAS NOT happy with that at all! @Krissi1982

@Bill284, Heya friend, should I be defoliating this baddy at all, or because she's an auto leave her be?
I'll get some better photos on my wife's phone tonight, but these buds look really orange to me, about another week or so, yeah?​

6/7/22

IMG_2388.jpg
IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

It's been a while since I've given a proper update, here she is, after attempting to drought her, she WAS NOT happy with that at all! @Krissi1982

@Bill284, Heya friend, should I be defoliating this baddy at all, or because she's an auto leave her be?
I'll get some better photos on my wife's phone tonight, but these buds look really orange to me, about another week or so, yeah?​
Hi D.

What week is she in flower? She doesn't look a week away to me, maybe 3. Maybe it's just the angle of the shots?

Also, she seems fine post drought attempt. I'm curious as to what told you she "wasn't happy at all"?

I think she recovered well. But as for harvest and next time you drought, I'm thinking you gotta wait a little bit longer my friend

6/7/22

IMG_2388.jpg
IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Hey @Darade :ciao: beautiful ladies. :welldone:
Your only going to get one answer from me regardless of being an auto.
No hehe, don't defol.
I am a fan of letting them grow.
Make use of the fans to grow big hard buds.
I also use larf for concentrates though so I'm biased, just a bit.
Lots of people do it with success apparently so it's possible.
But I'd just feed, turn up the lights and fans and hold on.:rofl:

Stay safe
Bill

Hi D.

What week is she in flower? She doesn't look a week away to me, maybe 3. Maybe it's just the angle of the shots?

Also, she seems fine post drought attempt. I'm curious as to what told you she "wasn't happy at all"?

I think she recovered well. But as for harvest and next time you drought, I'm thinking you gotta wait a little bit longer my friend
Hold on was that a pre harvest drought?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Shit Bill that's a predicament, I only believe in defol now because this baby started going crazy, and throwing more side branches after defoling. Maybe there's a stage it should be done, and a stage it shouldn't?

Hold on was that a pre harvest drought?

Bill
HEHE, yeahhhhh, I was testing the waters a bit on that one, she's never drooped once, since being in flower, I thought maybe she could take it LOL. She drooped so hard after the 4th day! xD That's what was meant by she wasn't very happy with me after it. She's making a comeback though, I've had caramelicious so dry her stalk started to bend and curl a lil, and that was only one day of not giving her water...They bounce back pretty fast though!

Shit Bill that's a predicament, I only believe in defol now because this baby started going crazy, and throwing more side branches after defoling. Maybe there's a stage it should be done, and a stage it shouldn't?
Don't grow autos so not saying this translates.
The only defol I do is end of week 3 clean under the skirt.
But I leave the rest.

Bill

HEHE, yeahhhhh, I was testing the waters a bit on that one, she's never drooped once, since being in flower, I thought maybe she could take it LOL. She drooped so hard after the 4th day! xD That's what was meant by she wasn't very happy with me after it. She's making a comeback though, I've had caramelicious so dry her stalk started to bend and curl a lil, and that was only one day of not giving her water...They bounce back pretty fast though!
Aaaah well heck, maybe in a couple weeks she is gonna like it! 4 days in flower this early, I bet she didn't like it. Girls like to eat during this time as they are building up those nuggies for ya. I think it was a win cause A. YOU TRIED and B. SHE IS STILL ALIVE

They bounce back fast...as for the defol, I don't like to do much like Bill said, especially with an auto. I clean up the bottom big fans to let light in but that's about it. I let them ride

Don't grow autos so not saying this translates.
The only defol I do is end of week 3 clean under the skirt.
But I leave the rest.

Bill
I did it when I was panicking about the septoria awhile back, that was just nute splash! Each leaf that was "bad" I took, and that was the only plant I did it too, she's also the bigger plant (I don't count caramelicious, that is still in veg outside, and though she's an auto!), between Auto Amnesia, and this Auto Sour Diesel.

Aaaah well heck, maybe in a couple weeks she is gonna like it! 4 days in flower this early, I bet she didn't like it. Girls like to eat during this time as they are building up those nuggies for ya. I think it was a win cause A. YOU TRIED and B. SHE IS STILL ALIVE

They bounce back fast...as for the defol, I don't like to do much like Bill said, especially with an auto. I clean up the bottom big fans to let light in but that's about it. I let them ride
4th day of drought, she's been flowering since 4/27/22! Probably another 2-4 weeks for that to pan out, right? x'D My b

4th day of drought, she's been flowering since 4/27/22! Probably another 2-4 weeks for that to pan out, right? x'D My b
Me thinks so D and she'll be ready to go again

So sour diesel is turning orange really quickly! Will she continue to grow, or once she completely oranges out she's pretty much done? (I know we said we had 2-4 weeks left, just wondering about the orange pistols)

And About Cannabliss, her pistols are curled in and trichs are milky, am I just waiting for the pistols to go orange on this one?

Sorry, I'm just a little confused about the when it's time to harvest part, I can't use a loupe for the life of me, and My iPhone camera is so bad (My wife has the Samsung s21 ultra it's so damn good (Cannabliss was, and caramelicious was taken with the S21)!

So sour diesel is turning orange really quickly! Will she continue to grow, or once she completely oranges out she's pretty much done? (I know we said we had 2-4 weeks left, just wondering about the orange pistols)

And About Cannabliss, her pistols are curled in and trichs are milky, am I just waiting for the pistols to go orange on this one?

Sorry, I'm just a little confused about the when it's time to harvest part, I can't use a loupe for the life of me, and My iPhone camera is so bad (My wife has the Samsung s21 ultra it's so damn good (Cannabliss was, and caramelicious was taken with the S21)!
Ok the Sour Diesel, she is going to swell now.
As she is doing that those pistols will go from bright white and straight to red and crinkled in.
At that point she is finished flowering and building for you.
So never harvest white pistils.
As all that is happening she will gradually slow down and stop eating.
Another sign flowering is finished.
All the while you keep an eye on the tric's.
Clear/cloudy energetic feeling.
Cloudy/amber relaxed feeling.
You have a good 3 weeks maby more left.:Namaste:
Hop your having a nice weekend my friend. :ciao:

Bill

Ok the Sour Diesel, she is going to swell now.
As she is doing that those pistols will go from bright white and straight to red and crinkled in.
At that point she is finished flowering and building for you.
So never harvest white pistils.
As all that is happening she will gradually slow down and stop eating.
Another sign flowering is finished.
All the while you keep an eye on the tric's.
Clear/cloudy energetic feeling.
Cloudy/amber relaxed feeling.
You have a good 3 weeks maby more left.:Namaste:
Hop your having a nice weekend my friend. :ciao:

Bill
Just pumped Sour Diesel with a good feed, some B-52, and some Overdrive!

So for Cannabliss, she's got awhile then I suppose? @Krissi1982, Idk I've been droughting this one (Cannabliss) for about a month, I haven't fed her nutes, or any water. She's just been taking care of herself, and her nugs are just huge! I just sprayed the garden with SNS209, so hopefully, we get rid of the bugs, before harvest! And omg Cannabliss smells just absolutely amazing! I think there might be a leak somewhere, though, cause how is she so healthy with no water (The soil is dry, so idrk)?

I'm gonna be merging this Journal with the DYNOMYCO Competitive grow, as I'm currently only running Auto Sour Diesel, from this journal in the tent now.

I'm not done with the journal however, I will be reusing it when it starts to cool off, and all of my DynoMyco plants are done, and harvested. I have some plans with sts or colloidal silver! coming in fall/winter time!

This journal is still open to questions, and comments, so feel free!

Best Regards,
Darade!

Just pumped Sour Diesel with a good feed, some B-52, and some Overdrive!

So for Cannabliss, she's got awhile then I suppose? @Krissi1982, Idk I've been droughting this one (Cannabliss) for about a month, I haven't fed her nutes, or any water. She's just been taking care of herself, and her nugs are just huge! I just sprayed the garden with SNS209, so hopefully, we get rid of the bugs, before harvest! And omg Cannabliss smells just absolutely amazing! I think there might be a leak somewhere, though, cause how is she so healthy with no water (The soil is dry, so idrk)?
Hi D!

This is pretty interesting. You know these plants are resourceful AF. I wish I knew the science to tell you why or how she is handling the drought as well as she is but I'm just happy to be around for this experiment.

Absolutely listen to Bill in regards to pistils and readiness. She may be taking longer to finish, although withstanding the drought well, because of the drought. I think if you were to push fluids in her at this juncture, she would finish up pretty fast and you would visibly see her fattening AND finishing buds within a few days.

I've found there is a difference between surviving and thriving and there is a fine balance we need to maintain in doing these experiments. Just be cautious and be mindful and thank you again for going outside of the grow box for ALL of us!

@Krissi1982, Sadly I didn't get any pictures, of my baby, before I harvested. Today marks the end of Cannabliss and the last day of drought. She lasted about 1 month and 2 weeks+-, purely just droughting her, her Calix's are HUGE, she never showed a sign of being thirsty not even once, until her last few days.

Yesterday, I went to check the flower bed, where she was housed, and I noticed her bright and early, but a also noticed she was leaning over slumped, ready to be harvested, so I did the deed.
So much Resin, my gloves were just covered in nothing but a THICK layer of dark greenish orangish resin on my gloves!

Auto Sour Diesel is a massive complainer when it comes to droughting, she doesn't like it, and will not tolerate it, the sugar leaves start curling up and in, and the fan leaves droop, it all goes back to normal after the water, and this is only after 2-3 days of droughting!

@Krissi1982, Sadly I didn't get any pictures, of my baby, before I harvested. Today marks the end of Cannabliss and the last day of drought. She lasted about 1 month and 2 weeks+-, purely just droughting her, her Calix's are HUGE, she never showed a sign of being thirsty not even once, until her last few days.

Yesterday, I went to check the flower bed, where she was housed, and I noticed her bright and early, but a also noticed she was leaning over slumped, ready to be harvested, so I did the deed.
So much Resin, my gloves were just covered in nothing but a THICK layer of dark greenish orangish resin on my gloves!

Auto Sour Diesel is a massive complainer when it comes to droughting, she doesn't like it, and will not tolerate it, the sugar leaves start curling up and in, and the fan leaves droop, it all goes back to normal after the water, and this is only after 2-3 days of droughting!
Well I'm sad about pictures but this is certainly an interesting accomplishment for a plant of ours. Every plant is different and its intriguing to see the severity or dramatic scaling that is specific to each plant in regards to stress techniques of any kind; droughting of course no exception to that rule! It just strikes me interest and keeps me guessing. I sure have tried things in the past and did not like the result but I'm always up to new ideas. I'm thankful to have explorers among me

Back
Top Bottom