Darade's Second Grow, Perpetual

I was doing 5ml at first, it’s only in the one plant aswell the rest are all perfectly green, even the one experiment outside.
79B1B4A1-825E-40DE-BF8F-39D9CD849D96.jpeg
FC21E46B-12F1-429C-A4D7-CE3629B525EA.jpeg

I got the Voodoo Juice (Microbes for the roots), B-52, the Big bud, and Overdrive!
Oh and the 6" Hurricane clip-on, cheapest PH pen was $50, NOPE!

Call me crazy, but I'd have bought a pH meter (+probably an EC meter and started mixing tap/bottled water) and made up the hit to the budget by going with a (much) less expensive nutrient company.

BtW, how are you liking your IonBoard lights?

IMG_2243.jpg
IMG_2244.jpg

@Bill284, or @Rexer. What's going on here? I've been giving 6Ml cal-mag to 3L of water. I thought it was cal mag, but now I have zero idea, the leaves are crunchy like fish food, and now it's slowly progressing upwards!!
Good morning @Darade sorry I got busy yesterday and never got back to you.
It's a potassium uptake issue.
I'd flush the pot 3 x size of pot with plain water.
Then feed again at 6.3 ph if possible, ph pen?
What nutrients are you using?
Are you following the schedule for your nutrients?
If your putting in calmag are you giving it 10 minutes to mix before adding anything else to the water?

Stay safe
Bill

Advanced Nutrient Line (1).png
2100-14 (1).jpg
61FdP-uJxpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is all the nutes I use. Yesh, no I usually just put the cal-mag, then start adding the base nutes, then whatever else. Yes absolutely I even started a calendar, and they're now drinking every other day, I wait for the leaves to droop and the pot to be hella light now, before touching the plants.
I own no money to my name, not even for some gas right now!
Call me crazy, but I'd have bought a pH meter (+probably an EC meter and started mixing tap/bottled water) and made up the hit to the budget by going with a (much) less expensive nutrient company.

BtW, how are you liking your IonBoard lights?
Eh, uh well, I'm not the brightest of the bunch, and when you buy something that says forget PH pens, you tend just to listen(I'm waiting to be more hands-on when I'm less stressed and can handle more). x'D, The water "should" already be 6.3-6.8 (it's pulled from different springs, as you said, however, they're all local), and I'm using Advanced Nutrients so it should automatically balance it out even further.

I love em a lot more than my Ex Mars 600, but that's only because AC Infinity has so many products that connect to the one controller, and you can set schedules, etc! The lights run about 5 degrees cooler than just the one light, which can be attributed to the fact there are no lights in the middle of the board, they arranged it in a way that there are no heat spots (those drivers run hot, thought!!).

Ah, no experience with that...

But, product info says it is ph adjusted between 6.3-6.8

I used AN for two grows in ProMix HP and ph adjusted my well water to 6.0 - 6.2

Good results as long as I didn't go over 1050 ppm ;)

I now know that ProMix HP is also ph adjusted and have quit using ph down. BTW> my well water is 500ppm and ~7.5 ph.

As I understand it, AN doesn't magically adjust your water in to ~6.0, what it does do is make the nutrients available at whatever ph your water is at. Within reason...

So between FoxFarm Happy Frog and AN PH perfect, Ph shouldn't be a concern but it would be good to know what it is !

Cheers

Advanced Nutrient Line (1).png
2100-14 (1).jpg
61FdP-uJxpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is all the nutes I use. Yesh, no I usually just put the cal-mag, then start adding the base nutes, then whatever else. Yes absolutely I even started a calendar, and they're now drinking every other day, I wait for the leaves to droop and the pot to be hella light now, before touching the plants.
I own no money to my name, not even for some gas right now!

Eh, uh well, I'm not the brightest of the bunch, and when you buy something that says forget PH pens, you tend just to listen(I'm waiting to be more hands-on when I'm less stressed and can handle more). x'D, The water "should" already be 6.3-6.8 (it's pulled from different springs, as you said, however, they're all local), and I'm using Advanced Nutrients so it should automatically balance it out even further.

I love em a lot more than my Ex Mars 600, but that's only because AC Infinity has so many products that connect to the one controller, and you can set schedules, etc! The lights run about 5 degrees cooler than just the one light, which can be attributed to the fact there are no lights in the middle of the board, they arranged it in a way that there are no heat spots (those drivers run hot, thought!!).
Just do the flush and leave the ph to nature I guess. :rofl:
We all do the best we can with what we have.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Flushed. On sour diesel I’m noticing clawing, how would I go about lowering nitrogen, with Advanced Nutrients?
Good morning @Darade hope you had a great weekend.
Generally it's the grow that's the culprit.
But A.N. Grow is minimal its the Micro 4-0-0.
It calls for 4 ml / l I'd cut that down to 2 to start. ( micro 4 ml to 2 ml )
I'd cut Grow down to 3 ml from 4 aswell ( grow 4 ml to 3 ml )
You only need a minor amount of nitrogen now to help uptake other nutrients.
That should help. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

So, AN's Calculator just says to use 12ML per 3L of water, for each of the Micro, Grow, Bloom. So should I cut micro to 6, grow to 10, and keep bloom 12?
That sounds good. :thumb:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

So what I'd say is about 25-30% of the buds are covered in amber pistols, they're small but hella thick (except the lower growth). How much longer do you think I have, and will these buds get bigger? I will try to get a picture with my loupe, the only issue is my camera is hella bugged.

Be careful cutting back on the Micro/Grow part. On my first grow, I thought I'd be smart and cut down on the GROW in flower. I didn't realize that most of the Magnesium was in the Grow, and created a Mg def. If you cut down on the Micro/Grow, you may need to add back some Epsom salt.

I would try cutting back/out the calmag and following the AN schedule. Is it possible your problem is not too much nitrogen, but too much calcium?

That sounds like a good plan. You shouldn't need the calmag in soil anyways.

I'm using Distilled Spring Water, which would be the reason for Cal-mag, and I was noticing Deficiencies, before using it, that was why; I may have overdone it though. I'll start back at square one though, and hopefully, it either solves itself, or I'm looking at an early harvest on this one plant (Which tbh, I think it's almost about that time either way! (week or 2, maybe 3)
Edit: I've been in flower since April 27th, first bud site April 23rd.

Back
Top Bottom