Darius2250 2nd go of it

Darius2250

So this is my second attempt, this time I have a better set-up I have a small Germ/Clone cab (old small freezer running 4 23 watt 6500k CFL's)
a Veg area (4 4' T12 6500k florecent tubes)
A Bloom room (4'X6'X10') Runnng a 250w HPS with custom(built by me) reflector.

What strain is it? Purple Widow(make a go of it, evem though it is supose to be an outdoor strain) and LA Woman

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? both Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg (currently)
If in Veg... For how long? 4 days
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF
If soil... What size pot? Solo Cup
Temp of Room/cab? - 78 - 82 D F
RH of Room/cab? 40%
Type and strength of ferts used? - Will be using Alaska Fish Fertilizer

Very early in on this grow but so far so good, Started Germiong them right after I got them 3 days later 3 of the 4 PW had taps and the LA woman was also tapped, not to bad a ratio really.

so here are my babies currently 2/6/2010

Family Photo
IMG_00874.jpg

Individual shots
IMG_00856.jpg

IMG_00848.jpg

IMG_00836.jpg

IMG_00828.jpg

I am think not to bad for only 13 days in :rollit:

So today I have an update, things are moving right along the babies are now 21days old.They seem to be growing well I think I might need to move them out of the solo's soon.
and here are some action shots .....

Pic of the family
Fam-a1-a4.jpg

The next are just some of the girls(positive thinking)

A1-0215.jpg

A1C.jpg

A1C2.jpg

A2-0215.jpg

A2C2.jpg

A2C.jpg

A3-0215.jpg

A3C.jpg

A3C2.jpg

A4-0215.jpg

A4C.jpg

A4C2.jpg

Well that is it for now, I think a couple of them find the FFOF a bit hot, but they seem to be adapting well, The new growth is clean and green. :)

Hay Darius2250 sounds like you got a really nice set up and the children look grate (my fingers are crossed for all lady's) im in till the end. awesome pic's bro cant wait for more.:popcorn: :rollit:

Thanks, I did a lot, and I mean A LOT of research and put past endevors into the set up I have. Most of everything I have was free (already had) so the biggest expence was the seeds

So it has been 2 days and I had to move them into a bigger home, The solo cups just got to small, now they are in some nice 1 gal pots I raised the light so they were about 6" abouve the tops and looks like I have to move the lights again soon, they are growing very well.

Now on to the pictures.

Group shots
IMG_01106.jpg

now for the individual shots :yummy:
IMG_01129.jpg

IMG_011110.jpg

IMG_01129.jpg

IMG_01138.jpg

IMG_011410.jpg

IMG_011511.jpg

IMG_01167.jpg

IMG_01178.jpg

IMG_01189.jpg

this is the weirdest strain of all, ok maybe not it's just Basil, but it likes the company I think.
IMG_01247.jpg

:peace:

So here is another update.

My Babies seem to like their new apartments, The purple widows are growing up faster then the LA Woman, so I decided to try a bit of LST, they seem to like it.

Now for the pictures

IMG_014610.jpg

IMG_01475.jpg

IMG_01496.jpg

IMG_01486.jpg

IMG_01518.jpg

IMG_01524.jpg

IMG_01534.jpg

IMG_01542.jpg

IMG_01557.jpg

Well that is all I have for today.

P.S.
They are definatly smelling up the area, I am sooo pround of my little babies

:smokin: Here is another update, it has been 3 days(I just can't stop taking pictures) I find myself out in my room about every hour just to check on my babies , and I also find my self adjusting this or that , check soil moisture, adjusting the tie downs getting rid of dead leaves and debris. I am really trying not to love them too much, but wow is that ever hard.

so heres a bit about the strain Purple Widow.
This is from the website I bought them from (The Attitude Seeds, this is an awsome company BTW)

Sex : Regular
Type :
Flowering : Photoperiod Genetics : Widow / Purple
Flowering Time : Medium Outdoor Harvest : May/June to end of October
Height : Medium THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : Fresh and sweet

De Sjamaan Seeds Purple Widow is a new sativa/indica cross between original strains of Purple Power and White Widow. This new cannabis variety retains much of good traits of the two popular ancestors: she is very strong and potent with a great production of big buds with a nice fruity aroma and a fresh powerful high.
De Sjamaan's regular seeds of Purple Widow may seem to take time to germinate. But once sprouted, they go into fast growing and reach their full maturing in just 8 weeks. Adult plants are very attractive; they have a straight and elegant structure with a well developed branching system. Strong genetics of the purple line is noticed from the very beginning, when first leaves of small but strong seedlings get their purple shades. After a couple of weeks, numerous flower formations start to release an extremely pleasant smell of fresh fruits and berries.
Purple Widow plants grown from De Sjamaan cannabis seeds are known for their quick harvest which starts already in October, giving away big sturdy buds, shiny and sticky with aromatic juice. They perform better outside, where they can grow as high as 3.5 m with incredible 850 gr per every plant. In tough climate zones, this cannabis remains short (75 cm) with, yet, great 400 gr of excellent marijuana per m2.

High % of THC is well balanced with CBD and give Purple Widow marijuana a strong uplifting high, ideal to release pressure of a stressful day, ideal for a good laugh. Smoking is extremely pleasant with a fruity fresh smell and taste. If compared with wine, it's an energizing white one.

These are said to be specifically for outdoor growing, but I am the type that likes a challenge. I have read that there are a very resiliant breed, I tried a 1/4 fert solution(Alaskan Fish fertilizer) when they were still young, week 1 out of germination /clone cab and 2 of the 3 showed the tiniest bit of fert burn, not to bad but even a little is too much in my book. That being said it is not the fault of the plant or breeder this is all on me :smokin:

Here are some more pictures of the Purple Widow

Full on with the ropes in place, the main stalk is about 14" long
P-1full.jpg

Here is a shot of the pre flower on ...HER YAY!!!
P-1PF.jpg

And here is canidate #2 again the ropes are in place and the stalk is about 12" long
P-2full.jpg

after a very close inspection the general theory and the preflower is... MALE(damnit)
P-2PF.jpg

Here is #3 this one is not showing any kind of preflower yet , and is the smallest of the 3 Purple Widows, Main is only about 10"
P-3Full.jpg

Last but not least is the LAW (L.A. Woman) here is the infor from Attitude again.
Sex : Feminized
Type : Mostly indica
Flowering : Photoperiod Genetics : Unknown
Flowering Time : Long Outdoor Harvest : Unknown
Height : Medium THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : sweet and robust with the flavor lasting well after the exhale

DNA Genetics LA Woman Feminized is a match of two multi-award winning strains. She is great tasting and very strong. DNA Genetics LA Woman Feminized flowers a week longer than the original LA., but a week shorter than the Martian Mean Green, making it a well balanced cross time wise.
DNA LA Woman Feminized is quicker to veg than the Original LA., and her yield is almost double! This cross grows like an indica with one main cola and little side branching, and will work well for sea-of-green. With her incredible smell and strength, it's hard to go wrong with this cross. People will be satisfied by the bag appeal and frostiness ,keeping all who try her begging for more.
DNA LA Woman Feminized stays short, and if you feed her heavily, the buds pack on the weight early and finish in the best part of 9 weeks.
Don't be afraid to thin the large fan leaves in the 5th week or so.
This will allow the light to penetrate the canopy and reach the lower sites and will be replaced within a week.
Look for your flavour, if it is LA you're after, or Martian? Or maybe it's a little of both, you make the call with this one.

Flowering Period: 9 - 10 weeks

LW-1Full.jpg

No pre flower, but she is a feminized and it was a bonus seed so YAY! I did end up tying her down to, trying to keep them all about the same height.

Growth seems slow, However I think I will veg all of them for another week or so The 25 is about the 4 weeks from seed mark.

Well thats all I have for today thank you to everyone
:peace:

Darius2250 my friend! You got it going on Bro. :cheer:
I love your strains, Thanks for the details.
Growin' Strong!
:welldone:
Reps + for not giving up after the first go around!

Darius2250 my friend! You got it going on Bro. :cheer:
I love your strains, Thanks for the details.
Growin' Strong!
:welldone:
Reps + for not giving up after the first go around!

Well thank you , I am from the school of "if at first you don't succeed , figure out what the hell you did wrong and do it again"

I think my first try was a bit of a gamble, the seeds I had were of unknown age, which could have possably been 20 years old, out of about 100. 1 cracked, grew and went Hermie, which is not to suprising.

I have learned alot about strains and conditions , I know my Flowering light might be a bit on the small side at 250 Watts, but seeing how I got it for free I am not going to complain.

Very good looking plants you have there.

I would wait a bit longer on #2 up there, but that little leaf thing makes me think it might be a boy... If it grows a leaf, or you can see it's tiny little stalk, and doesn't show pistils, yeah. But you still got a while before it'll pollinate so you can keep him for company.

They're loving that LST, look at all those little shoots waking up down there.

:goodluck:

Very good looking plants you have there.

I would wait a bit longer on #2 up there, but that little leaf thing makes me think it might be a boy... If it grows a leaf, or you can see it's tiny little stalk, and doesn't show pistils, yeah. But you still got a while before it'll pollinate so you can keep him for company.

They're loving that LST, look at all those little shoots waking up down there.

:goodluck:

Thank you Afka

I am going to wait a bit longer I can say I am seeing more of the little ball things though, no stalks though. but I also think that it could change, so the waiting game continues.

I also agree that they really like to be tied down, I am having to adjust the ties every day, even up to 2-3 times aday(mother hen syndrome) I am hopeing to be able to take clones while they are still in a veggie state. The LAW has such big fan leaves that I am having to restrain them also so that the lower branches get some light. I do have a 1000 watt MH light but I have no hood for it, and the heat that comes off is incredible.

Hey Darius2250. Great journal ya got goin here. I'm gonna have to say that those look like testis to me too. Good news is, you can use a male for breeding by saving the pollen. Yah, 1k watters do put out a lot of heat. The trick to taming them is getting a hood with good airflow and a decent to good fan. Otherwise its a total pain in the arse. The ladies are off to a fantastic start tho, and they all look really good & green. Sorry about the male again.

Lookin great :cheer::goodjob:

dro ;)

I also agree that they really like to be tied down, I am having to adjust the ties every day, even up to 2-3 times aday(mother hen syndrome) I am hopeing to be able to take clones while they are still in a veggie state. The LAW has such big fan leaves that I am having to restrain them also so that the lower branches get some light. I do have a 1000 watt MH light but I have no hood for it, and the heat that comes off is incredible.

Hehe Mother hen, me too.

You can gently soften the fan leaves stem a bit and move them out of the way of those shoots if you want. Once they shoot through they will keep up with the canopy.

I have the same problem of not having a vented hood, so I hung a small fan from the ceiling and pointed it at the bulb/reflector. Dropped 10 degrees!

Hey Darius2250. Great journal ya got goin here. I'm gonna have to say that those look like testis to me too. Good news is, you can use a male for breeding by saving the pollen. Yah, 1k watters do put out a lot of heat. The trick to taming them is getting a hood with good airflow and a decent to good fan. Otherwise its a total pain in the arse. The ladies are off to a fantastic start tho, and they all look really good & green. Sorry about the male again.

Lookin great :cheer::goodjob:

dro ;)

Thanks DrO

yeah, the more I look at them the more I think it is a boy, I wish I had the space to let him grow and collect pollen, but I do not unfortunatly.

I also think a 1000w MH is a bit over kill for 3-4 plants, I have heard the more light the better , but I am thinking there is a limit to that in an indoor grow, I would rather have 400 watters myself, seeing how my area is not that big.

Hehe Mother hen, me too.

You can gently soften the fan leaves stem a bit and move them out of the way of those shoots if you want. Once they shoot through they will keep up with the canopy.

I have the same problem of not having a vented hood, so I hung a small fan from the ceiling and pointed it at the bulb/reflector. Dropped 10 degrees!

That is what I was hoping, I have been tying and or tucking them , I have heard some people cut them but I beleive that kind of goes against the whole Low Stress part, I think that a little bending is more like 0 stress, and I think thhat they are really showing no signs of stress.

I did that with my 250 and was able to get it down pretty close to my single learning Hermie, we ended up naming it Mannie the tranny :slide:

I see I did not include anything about the Grow room, I did not do a thread in the grow area thread but figured I would put it in here, so here is where the babies live. Luckly I managed to convert my 9X8 Storage area in my garage into a growning haven, well in my oppinion. I know I could do alot more with the area but this is comfortable for me and the wife, we can both be in there and still have room to move around.

The Door in

Door8.jpg

The Veging Station, the little freezer in the corner is not for my beer, it is for clones to take root in.

VegArea1.jpg

I know this set up looks a little ghetto but it does the job my budget for most of this has been, what ever I have laying around, it will change though and that will be a pocket a door, it is 3'X7'
Flower_Door.jpg

Now we enter the flower room, yup you guessed it my Gorw pots are 5 gallon buckets, I beleive in Recycling
5galplanters.jpg

and here it is my light and self made hood, I remoted the ballast. 250 watts of brilliance.
Hood_light.jpg

Thank you to all who are watching :grinjoint:

Nice & Clean flower room. The hood looks awesome too. Very organized. Doesnt look bad at all. Ghetto a lil, but looks pretty efficient. I think you could definitly squeeze a 400 in there, and depending on your temps and ventilation could put a 400 in there. Cool set up tho :thumb:

+rep bro

Nice & Clean flower room. The hood looks awesome too. Very organized. Doesnt look bad at all. Ghetto a lil, but looks pretty efficient. I think you could definitly squeeze a 400 in there, and depending on your temps and ventilation could put a 400 in there. Cool set up tho :thumb:

+rep bro

Yeah that is what I was thinking, I did have my 1000 in there and with a small fan blowing in there I was able to maintain about 78 - 80 degrees unfortunatly it is a Metal Halide , so not very good for flower. The ceiling is about 12' up and easly vented into the attic which is a huge space.

thanks for the compliment on the room My wife says she wishes I kept the rest of the house has clean and orginized as the grow room. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom