Dark Devil's burning purpling yellowing

Ignotus

Hi all. I'm near the end of my first grow, about 2-3 weeks away and am having some issues.

Background info:

Indoor soil grow under full spectrum 135w quantum board led, was 200w cfl during veg.
I was not ph'ing for most of the grow. I am now.
I was using very light Canna Bio nutes (too light)
I had serious drooping around week 1 of flower and managed to get them back on track by giving plain ph'ed water.
I was not using cal mag for most of the grow, but have done last feed.

One is looking great apart from burnt tips which i think is a nute buildup, i intend on giving a flush next watering. It does have some brown spots but very mild.

The other is yellowing, with purpling of the leaves starting from the outsides, burnt tips, and generally scrawny buds. I realise its probably too late to fix it, but would love any help diagnosing and whether i should let it go until the end or try and flush it now. It is still quite damp and wont need a water for 4 days but ill flush it if thats the recommendation?

Many thanks all, heres the pics:

IMHO, since you did not post what your total fertilizer usage is/was, so it's a bit hard to say.
However, a deficiency and over fertilized can look similar many times.
They look hungry to me.

When I used PureProBlend nutes, they were PH tempered, and I never bothered with it.
Their nutes can be run to the label stated amounts. Very forgiving when learning and for us moldie oldies.

Always water/feed/tea them until you see a touch of run off.
I always cycle, once from the top down, once filling the saucer, wicking up the root system, and once some from the top down and some in the saucer.
I record every time I feed/water or tea them.
Best to ya.

Looks like ph problem. Those colors with reddish reminds me mine when the ph were too high. It was fixed and healed very quickly thanks to phdown

Thanks for the input guys.

Soil ph came in at 5.8 before flushing, so i thought that was the issue too until i read that is fine for soiless.

As far as feeding schedule, i was lightly flowing the Canna guide. At the start i was giving 1.5ml per liter of Bio Vega instead of 3-4 ml as per the schedule (starting after week 2 i think). This was always only 1 liter or so and not until runoff.
After 3 or 4 feeds and getting into flower i gave them both a huge dose of rested tap water which i later leaned had a ph of 8.3.

They both exhibited signs of overwatering and i thought they were goners.

Natural sunlight and ph 5 water fixed them up, then i started watering with ph 6 and full strength Bio Flores (3.5ml per liter).

My healthy Devil has always been a good drinker, drying out completely before watering. The problem one was always a little bit more damp when i decided to water, usually from being reactive to a problem i could see. Maybe a lack of wet/dry cycle has contributed to something. Its been flushed now, and given 1/3 dose of bio Flores to try and get her to limp over the line.

Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom