Day 11 under led 1000 watt: Feel like there is something wrong - any opinions would be great

Oldogg302

20220908_161455.jpg

Welcome to the forums. Take a look through the grow journals and view some of the stickies around for tons of knowledge.

Looks a little small.. got more information?

Medium, ph, strain, temp, humidity, true draw of the led, spectrum of the led to get started

I’ve attached my most recent seedling a photo seed at 11 days old for reference. It is in a solo cup with coast of Maine seedling starter mix. I use plain Phd water.

B51A6F97-13DE-47CD-8A70-EA8A805B8947.jpeg

11 days from when you dropped her in the soil.
OR
11 days from when you popped the seed and put her in the soil.

As many of us count from different stages.
She looks ok to me if you just dropped her in soil.
And let her do her thing.

:thumb:

Part of the issue may be too much water, the soil looks very wet. If you just watered before the picture was taken, disregard. Let it go pretty dry between waterings. If it's too wet the roots will "drown' and not be able to take in necessary nutrients for growth. Make the roots search for water. I suggest reading Emilya's post of "the proper way to water a potted plant". The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant It has plenty of good information and tips.

Part of the issue may be too much water, the soil looks very wet. If you just watered before the picture was taken, disregard. Let it go pretty dry between waterings. If it's too wet the roots will "drown' and not be able to take in necessary nutrients for growth. Make the roots search for water. I suggest reading Emilya's post of "the proper way to water a potted plant". The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant It has plenty of good information and tips.
Ok...thanks....and yes it was just 💧

This is most likely what is going on.. even if you don’t “drown” the roots, you’re still not creating favorable conditions for growth. If you’re giving the plant all the water it wants it will have no reason to send its roots out and grow further. Like phytoplankton said, read the watering a potted plant link by @Emilya Green it’s illuminating and really lays out why you’re doing what you’re doing. It’s probably the single most valuable thing I’ve learned about growing outside of the basics. Overwatering is probably the most common problem I’ve seen and can cause so many issues, and look like so many other issues you can’t really dial in anything else until it’s resolved.

This is most likely what is going on.. even if you don’t “drown” the roots, you’re still not creating favorable conditions for growth. If you’re giving the plant all the water it wants it will have no reason to send its roots out and grow further. Like phytoplankton said, read the watering a potted plant link by @Emilya Green it’s illuminating and really lays out why you’re doing what you’re doing. It’s probably the single most valuable thing I’ve learned about growing outside of the basics. Overwatering is probably the most common problem I’ve seen and can cause so many issues, and look like so many other issues you can’t really dial in anything else until it’s resolved.
Absolutely spot on!!!

led distance is 36 inches away from canopy and light is set on veg

That sounds quite far for 100W, your seedling has stretched quite some distance between cotyledons and first node - an indication light was/is not enough.

What is the LED you're using?

j

That sounds quite far for 100W, your seedling has stretched quite some distance between cotyledons and first node - an indication light was/is not enough.

What is the LED you're using?

j
1000 watt led its called a giixer grow light

Back
Top Bottom