Day 40 flowering - will they grow more than this?

Organic Weed

Hi Folks
I'm on day 40 of flower... Do you know if they will grow more than this?

IMG_216716.JPG

IMG_216617.JPG
IMG_216514.JPG
IMG_216415.JPG

Well, the stretch should be all over with by day 40. Or do you mean will your buds keep growing bigger? Yes. Most hybrids and polyhybrids that people are growing take 8-10 weeks to finish and a lot of the bulking up of the buds happens towards the end of that time frame. That's not at all a given though, it will be very strain dependent and that info should be available with a quick google search.

Hope that helps.

Coorganics, yes, I was wondering if the bud will actually grow until the end of the cycle. The stretch has been over for some time... I'm hoping to get 1 oz per plant but not too sure I'll be able to achieve this result... what do you think?

I hate speculating on yield, I figure you just do the best you can with what you have and see what happens. Can make future adjustments based on stuff you figure out thru the process. In my experience, factors that increase yield are soil health, veg time, light intensity, container size, probably something else too, brain isn't working to well.

Edit: you probably yield more than an ounce/plant fairly easy

Guessing yield is difficult. There's always a big range because of all the variables.

Going by plant size, I would guess you should see 1/2-1oz dry. 1oz assumes the most ideal conditions.

It's easiest to get an idea what you'll yield once you've finished your first grow. Then you have an idea what to expect from your environment, and you can also make changes to improve conditions for the plant.

@Antics my question about yield was inspired by your Cali growth, and specifically from the pic you posted on day 39: Antics Power Flower - Cali Jack FIM Grow
Your plants' bud did look slightly smaller than what I have here, even though it seems you had mny more buds and you final harvest was well over 1 oz... DOn't take me wrong... I don't want to compete, I'm a big admirer of your cycle and I think you did an amazing job with CFL... I was just using this picture as a comparison because it seems that most of your growth happened actually from day 40th to the end (day 59th or something) where it even seemed that your buds doubled in size... as a result I was trying to have induced thinking and hoping for 1 oz or so, although Coorganics has it right (wait and see.... :high-five:)... but you know... the waiting period can be a bit restless sometimes :cool:

Cali was my best plant. But Power Flower wasn't bad either. Power Flower was a little over 1 ounce, Cali Jack gave me over 2 ounces. Dry weight. I don't mind friendly competition lol. I just hate when people let a win or loss go to their heads.

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliments. I was honestly really surprised to see that much yield, but hopefully I can continue producing plants like that.

Waiting is best, that way you're not counting chickens before they hatch.

The waiting is the worst lol. restless is a huge understatement. Then waiting while they dry. Time goes by so slowly lol. But it's all worth it in the end.

Back
Top Bottom