Deficiency? Lock out? Light burn?

Mwood1087

Yesterday I noticed these rust colored spots on some of the leaves. They are all located on the same parts of the leaf. I read a thread on here about rust mold and tried to wipe it off to determine if thats whst it was. The spots dont rub off or leave a rust color on my fingers so I think it's safe to rule that out. I'm growing in coco and have thought maybe calcium deficiency? I've also seen pictures that could point towards lock out? What do you think? I raised my lights up to 20 inches above the canopy, as well as flushed my medium with plain water ph'd to 5.7. Also I should mention that affected leaves are on the upper growth of the plant.
20191013_203325.jpg
20191013_203319.jpg
20191013_203310.jpg
20191013_153659.jpg

I bet your ec on your run off is pushing 4-5
so id say lock out, if you flushed well you should be okay in a few days

I bet your ec on your run off is pushing 4-5
so id say lock out, if you flushed well you should be okay in a few days
Thanks. How do you measure ec? I've only monitored ph. I use fox farm nutrients as well as myco chum for microbes and calmag due to growing in coco. Should I not mix all together? Maybe water with one one feeding and the other the next? I've read that in coco you should feed every watering. Thoughts?

Thanks. How do you measure ec? I've only monitored ph. I use fox farm nutrients as well as myco chum for microbes and calmag due to growing in coco. Should I not mix all together? Maybe water with one one feeding and the other the next? I've read that in coco you should feed every watering. Thoughts?
You should feed every time you water. I feed twice a day in veg and 4 times a day in flower.
Your plant does look deficient. Here is what I do to make sure my nutes are on point. Get an ec/ppm meter. They are not that expensive. Test the water going in. Let’s say it is 700 ppm. Then test the runoff. If the runoff is lower, like 500 ppm, then you need to increase your nutes. If you are feeding frequently then you can fix problems much faster.

feed every time,
just less if you are high,
ec is ppm just grab a meter when you can,
the plant should be fine after the flush

feed every time,
just less if you are high,
ec is ppm just grab a meter when you can,
the plant should be fine after the flush
Thanks. So is it overfeeding that created lock out? I'm just confused as to what I did wrong. Aside from monitoring the ec. Is there a chart that I can follow to show what levels I should be at? Or a general rule of thumb? My feed chart shows a range but thsts just for the foxfarm nutes. No clue where I'm at with the calmag and myco chum.

Thanks. So is it overfeeding that created lock out? I'm just confused as to what I did wrong. Aside from monitoring the ec. Is there a chart that I can follow to show what levels I should be at? Or a general rule of thumb? My feed chart shows a range but thsts just for the foxfarm nutes. No clue where I'm at with the calmag and myco chum.
oh, so overfeeding does two things
1. it causes excess ferts to interact and form new chemicals which may not be readily absorbed by the plant
2. it can cause a build up of alkaline salts which will cause your ph to raise and aggravate the lock out by making more ferts unusable to the plant, which causes things to cascade into a loop of doom.

you really need an ec/ppm meter because you cant know what your nutes are even at with out knowing your waters base ppm

its just guessing without one.

maybe cut your food in half and work up until you get one.

as for the chart i dont use fox farms but try here?

Yah I have their feed chart. Just curious as to what an ideal range is for ec/ppm. I buy gallon jugs of water and mix my nutes into that.
for a plant that big
drain to waste...
600ppm~ is were i would be comfortable

Also someone mentioned the plant looked deficient. If so, what is the deficiency?
Someone will post a picture of 30 cannabis leaves that are deficient. I have never been able to find my leaf in that line up.
Even if you know for sure that your leaf is not getting copper or magnesium, adding whatever it is deficient in won’t fix your problem.
That is why I stopped looking for the specific mineral the plant is lacking and I try to fix why it is happening. If you look at the ingredients on your ff nutes, everything is there to make your plant grow.
So, to fix the deficiencies, you need an ec/ppm meter. You are either feeding too little nutes or too much and they are building up salts in the coco and this can change the ph of the coco and cause lock out. If it is deficient in magnesium, and you add more magnesium, you can make the problem worse. It may have magnesium in the coco but it is not available to the plant because it is locked out and can’t be taken into the plant.
If you are going to flush and start over, just lower your ppm 200 pts and flush with that. Then get back on your regular feeding.

Someone will post a picture of 30 cannabis leaves that are deficient. I have never been able to find my leaf in that line up.
Even if you know for sure that your leaf is not getting copper or magnesium, adding whatever it is deficient in won’t fix your problem.
That is why I stopped looking for the specific mineral the plant is lacking and I try to fix why it is happening. If you look at the ingredients on your ff nutes, everything is there to make your plant grow.
So, to fix the deficiencies, you need an ec/ppm meter. You are either feeding too little nutes or too much and they are building up salts in the coco and this can change the ph of the coco and cause lock out. If it is deficient in magnesium, and you add more magnesium, you can make the problem worse. It may have magnesium in the coco but it is not available to the plant because it is locked out and can’t be taken into the plant.
If you are going to flush and start over, just lower your ppm 200 pts and flush with that. Then get back on your regular feeding.
Thanks dude!

Back
Top Bottom