Deficiency unknown

DREWSER

420 Member
Plz help me I am a beginner grower. These plants are almost 2 months old . Growth is slow and there is some purpling and yellowing. Plz help identify the issue. I think it is bad watering practices but I am not sure. They are barely 1 ft indica dominant strains.

Attachments

• 20201011_193820.jpg
    20201011_193820.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 51
:welcome: to the 420mag website Drew!

Your plant looks to be in pretty good shape to me. Indicas are slower growers than sativas, so many don't stretch out until they're flipped to a 12/12 lighting schedule.

Can you give us some information about the medium you're growing in, the type of nutes and light you use, how you determine when to water, and your lighting schedule (18/6, 20/4, etc.), and some pics of the deficiency you're seeing?

Welcome to the site. I see the yellowing between the veins on the bottom leaves. I see this a bunch in my bonsai grow. Magnesium is a mobile nutrient, so your plant takes it from the bottom and uses it up on top. Magnesium is the basis for chlorophyll. I could be wrong. I use Epsom Salt at 1 Tbsp / 1-2 gal water and it greens them up in a couple days. Just my opinion. A good Cal-Mag supplement would work well too, if indeed it is that which i mentioned.Screenshot_2020-10-11-22-30-23.png

Welcome to the site. I see the yellowing between the veins on the bottom leaves. I see this a bunch in my bonsai grow. Magnesium is a mobile nutrient, so your plant takes it from the bottom and uses it up on top. Magnesium is the basis for chlorophyll. I could be wrong. I use Epsom Salt at 1 Tbsp / 1-2 gal water and it greens them up in a couple days. Just my opinion. A good Cal-Mag supplement would work well too, if indeed it is that which i mentioned.Screenshot_2020-10-11-22-30-23.png
Thank you. I have some green planet cal mag I could use in the next watering . Thinking of using quarter to half strength of recommended dose. I worried about giving them too much

Personally I'm not seeing much in the way of a problem in those pics. But start feeding them without question!

What nutes are you planning on running, and why do you think you're watering badly?
Think I over watered them at seedling stage and early veg. Been reading a lot on watering techniques lately. Many would suggest the medium needs to be really dry before watering again. I was only letting the top two inches dry. Also.. I just got my ph pen 2 weeks ago so before that I was relying on the drops. I think the fluctuating ph is partly at fault. I think these poor watering issues have possibly created a bit of an iron deficiency

Skip the pH as the FF line of soil is already buffered to the correct range.

Water when the pot is almost as light as it was when you transplanted, but don't let the leaves droop too much. In flower you water a day earlier than you do in veg.
I didn't use them hoping there was enough nutrients in the fox farm soil with upsizing pots to sustain them
I'm not sure if you're being frugal or hopeful! Start feeding them with the next watering per the manufacturer's schedule. If you want healthy plants and good harvests, feed them what they need and don't rely on the small amount of nutes in the FFOF. Most folks I know in FFOF start feeding from the second node on.

As I mentioned, the nutes built into FFOF aren't sufficient for larger plants, and you have also cut the FFOF with FFHF, making them even less effective.

You started this thread asking for help identifying the cause of your deficiency, and the cause is underfeeding. The answer is to feed your plant with nutrients. I have to say I don't understand why you are hesitant to accept that answer.

It's 12:37 am here so I'm off to bed. :ciao:

Welcome to the forum @DREWSER :welcome:
Yes @InTheShed is right :high-five: feed those girls :thumb:

They are designed for hydro but my research tells me they are ok for soil in lesser amounts. Also I have not used any yet and have up sized pots twice since solo cup almost 2 months ago.
When I switched back to soil from hydro, I had to use almost double strength hydro nutes in soil :nomo:

As I mentioned, the nutes built into FFOF aren't sufficient for larger plants, and you have also cut the FFOF with FFHF, making them even less effective.

You started this thread asking for help identifying the cause of your deficiency, and the cause is underfeeding. The answer is to feed your plant with nutrients. I have to say I don't understand why you are hesitant to accept that answer.

It's 12:37 am here so I'm off to bed. :ciao:
IKR :hmmmm: especially with your credentials :passitleft:

Think I over watered them at seedling stage and early veg. Been reading a lot on watering techniques lately. Many would suggest the medium needs to be really dry before watering again. I was only letting the top two inches dry. Also.. I just got my ph pen 2 weeks ago so before that I was relying on the drops. I think the fluctuating ph is partly at fault. I think these poor watering issues have possibly created a bit of an iron deficiency
I also have root farm veg base part1 and all purpose part 2. I didn't use them hoping there was enough nutrients in the fox farm soil with upsizing pots to sustain them
I use FFOF also :high-five: and I start feeding at 2 weeks from sprout, but I used the FF nutrient trio before I got my Mega Crop, and I still feed them at 2 weeks regardless :thumb:

And I have NEVER PHed anything :slide: as said, you don't need to in FFOF :thumb: ...example...No PHing...

Back
Top Bottom