Dehumidifier

Kmcc

Hey guys what size dehumidifier would be alright for space 120cm w x 50cm d x180cm h??? Growing on nft reservoir getting a bit to much humid when they get biger

The biggest one you can get in the space.
The bigger the unit, the more efficient it will be.
Have a look at the InkBird humidity controller, it will help to automate everything.
I use the InkBird temp control, it makes things simple.
Yeah same I have ink bird temp control..
That's what I thought but I'm not sure how I gonna achieve that now as I will soon put bigger nft reservoir in there and I won't have space for dehumidifier hmm don't know what to do now .. I need at least get 15-20% off humidity :O it's usually when they big and outside is humid weather my humidity goes up :O

Yeah same I have ink bird temp control..
That's what I thought but I'm not sure how I gonna achieve that now as I will soon put bigger nft reservoir in there and I won't have space for dehumidifier hmm don't know what to do now .. I need at least get 15-20% off humidity :O it's usually when they big and outside is humid weather my humidity goes up :O
I've had my inkbird for 5 years, it's a solid bit of kit.

Two other options, move the res out of grow space or what I do is cover my res with black/white reflective sheet, these things are always black and heat up, it also seals the the escaping air a little.

Failing that you'd have to dehumidifie the whole room the tent is in.

I stopped chasing humidity, I live by sea and the range changes 5 times a day sometimes. I found myself chasing my tail.
So I just concentrated on good air flow and extraction. Don't even know what my humidity is any more I don't look.

I've had my inkbird for 5 years, it's a solid bit of kit.

Two other options, move the res out of grow space or what I do is cover my res with black/white reflective sheet, these things are always black and heat up, it also seals the the escaping air a little.

Failing that you'd have to dehumidifie the whole room the tent is in.
Ok thnx for help.. Will see when I get home I'll check how much space I will have left when I put the new reservoir as I found dehumidifier what's about 17.5cm in depth and 29cm w will see if that dosnt work then will have to put something in the room :O

I stopped chasing humidity, I live by sea and the range changes 5 times a day sometimes. I found myself chasing my tail.
So I just concentrated on good air flow and extraction. Don't even know what my humidity is any more I don't look.
Yeah maybe thats the case i might put another fan in as i got one only near the top.. was thinking to put one at the bottom to maybe will kick down some %

Yeah maybe thats the case i might put another fan in as i got one only near the top.. was thinking to put one at the bottom to maybe will kick down some %
Yeah, good air flow in flower is a must.
There's a member on here called @Tead, he grows literally under sea level in New Orleans with 90%+ humidity as a norm. His mantra is airflow,airflow,airflow.

Yeah, good air flow in flower is a must.
There's a member on here called @Tead, he grows literally under sea level in New Orleans with 90%+ humidity as a norm. His mantra is airflow,airflow,airflow.
Well I had high humidity to near 75-80 % before in flowering and never had problems with buds but now it's about 90% max and I'm just worrieng a bit lol want to be prepared lol

Yeah, 90% is a nightmare. Is that throughout the lights on or lights off, or all the time.
Usually humidity is linked to heat, changing the temps can have affect on changing levels.

he grows literally under sea level

Ya know... I never really considered my altitude much in my grow world. hmmm....

Yes... Tead's mantra is airflow, and more significantly, air exchange. Fresh air. Out with the old, in with the new.
If you need to seal things up, you'll need a dehumidifier, but one can challenge the 90+ humidity ranges with tons of air exchange as well.
If you're stuck in a high humidity / high temp world, consider Co2 supplementation. It really fits well into that configuration. When using Co2, most folks want to boost their heat and humidity anyway, so why not take advantage of the world as it exists? I feel it's one of the most bud-boosting moves I've ever made.

Yeah, 90% is a nightmare. Is that throughout the lights on or lights off, or all the time.
Usually humidity is linked to heat, changing the temps can have affect on changing levels.
Not seen 90% for while but with lights off on hot day it's 85% will check when the lights will be on and will update here

Not seen 90% for while but with lights off on hot day it's 85% will check when the lights will be on and will update here
Yeah, I used to notice a spike at lights off, like I said it's linked to temps.
I use a SMSCOM hybrid fan controller, it has two probes, one reads temps and adjusts the fan, the other is a light censor, this is supposed to read the light going off and raise the fan speed periodically through the dark period to control humidity.

Ya know... I never really considered my altitude much in my grow world. hmmm....

Yes... Tead's mantra is airflow, and more significantly, air exchange. Fresh air. Out with the old, in with the new.
If you need to seal things up, you'll need a dehumidifier, but one can challenge the 90+ humidity ranges with tons of air exchange as well.
If you're stuck in a high humidity / high temp world, consider Co2 supplementation. It really fits well into that configuration. When using Co2, most folks want to boost their heat and humidity anyway, so why not take advantage of the world as it exists? I feel it's one of the most bud-boosting moves I've ever made.
I have big heat like 26-29c only on hot days outside on normal days my temps range from 20-26c and I'm using led lights TSL2000 .. as I'm from UK every week weather is different lol 1 week sun 1 week rain or humid weather lol
I always use exhale co2 bag but that wouldn't be enough init? :D will get a another fan this week and turn the extract fan up see how it goes then

Yes. Here in the maritimes the humidity can be impossible to battle. Focus on the things I can possibly control.

Yeah, I used to notice a spike at lights off, like I said it's linked to temps.
I use a SMSCOM hybrid fan controller, it has two probes, one reads temps and adjusts the fan, the other is a light censor, this is supposed to read the light going off and raise the fan speed periodically through the dark period to control humidity.
That's a nice kit :) will look in that in near future.. my fan gots only temparature controll just when the temparature goes over the limit then it increases speed

What temp and humidity needs to be then the co2 would work properly?

High RH can lead to bud rot & i would suggest you keep an eye on those night time/lights off RH as well !

Yes their is a notable difference between lights on / off RH, just check the moment the lights come on & few hours later.

Configuration of venting or air flow is another question mainly being your INTAKE of air & ambient RH whether this being an external source of X = RH & Y = Temp to what your grow room can deal with is another matter at hand or the internal source with same maths - Balance.

Personally if you have high RH in lights off i would run a dehumidifier during flowering.

More maths.. ye this sucks big time :/

Dehumidifier has an out put of X cubic volume of OUT PUT what ever you wanna measurement you put it in, units per hour etc... Your EXTRA FAN has the same & can you achieve this in a grow tent of X - size ?

Falling back to configuration of air flow...

Best use the passive intakes on the grow tent & have the dehumidifier placed out side & run lights off...saves on space :surf:

High RH can lead to bud rot & i would suggest you keep an eye on those night time/lights off RH as well !

Yes their is a notable difference between lights on / off RH, just check the moment the lights come on & few hours later.

Configuration of venting or air flow is another question mainly being your INTAKE of air & ambient RH whether this being an external source of X = RH & Y = Temp to what your grow room can deal with is another matter at hand or the internal source with same maths - Balance.

Personally if you have high RH in lights off i would run a dehumidifier during flowering.

More maths.. ye this sucks big time :/

Dehumidifier has an out put of X cubic volume of OUT PUT what ever you wanna measurement you put it in, units per hour etc... Your EXTRA FAN has the same & can you achieve this in a grow tent of X - size ?

Falling back to configuration of air flow...

Best use the passive intakes on the grow tent & have the dehumidifier placed out side & run lights off...saves on space :surf:
Might do the same :/ unless I find where to put my extract ducting

Back
Top Bottom