Dehumidifier

Luisdayuso

Any suggestions on size for a dehumidifier for a 2x2x4 grow tent. When the lights are off my humidity runs 64-68 but when lights are on it gets to 56 humidity. I’m currently running a mini dehumidifier but no change.

The minis will do absolutely nothing for you. Neither will 2 or 3 or 4 for that size of a room and the fact that you're growing...there are some decently priced models on Amazon. I tried small de humidifiers and realized how silly I was

I have two fans with a
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 first time grower
With lights on it’s at the right humidity but lights off over 65

D51CDAEA-B370-4294-A78F-8385B4F8F3FD.jpeg

Unfortunately I think you need a bigger unit. @Mars Hydro has some pretty great fans and they are a sponsor so check out their deals maybe? Your plants seem healthy though regardless of the humidity issue

In veg though, just what I do, I usually keep the girls around 60-65 humidity so I honestly wouldn't be all too concerned with this grow. Don't go crazy thinking you will ruin your crop lol

do you have an out take running?
Also if the r/h levels are good in the room the tents in vent fresh air in.
Cheap chip on fan.
Leave top vents/holes open wide if light bleed is not an issue.
Few things to try maybe because soon as you put a big unit in there temps will rise.
Then you have a fresh new issue.
Guess it could be on a timer keep them warm at night.
Hope this helps some. ;)
Also not saying your be as unlcuky as me but in the high 60s
in late flower i have had some strains start to bud rot.
I like the low 50s to high 40s last 4 weeks just in case.
Bigger the buds the more chance of rot i have found at high 60s

My experience with dehumidifier, I purchased a 50 pint portable dehumidifier from the zon. It lowered humidity just fine, but it also raised temps in room. I had to run AC to combat heat. I left AC off one day and temp in the room went over 100 degrees F. All the dehumidifier did for me was give me a HUGE electric bill...

I now just use fans and have good air exchange to the grow room. I live on the coast in So Cal and it can get humid. The fans and air exchange seem to work for me...

:hookah:

Of course RH increases as the temperature falls - that's physics.

Adjust the timer on your exhaust fan to cycle on more often (or for longer each time) during your lights-off period. And check the temperature differential between lights-on and lights-off. The greater the difference, the more increase you can expect to observe in (again, relative) humidity; ergo, if your differential is huge, and you lessen it, that will tend to reduce the nightly jump in RH.

If you're already running your exhaust fan constantly during lights-off and still have the issue... make sure the exhaust fan is actually adequate for the job (e.g., isn't unable to deal with the backpressure of the carbon filter, etc.). If it IS adequate, stick the dehumidifier in the room your exhaust fan is pulling air into the grow space from (not in the grow space).

BtW, relative humidity isn't the same as absolute humidity. An increase in the former does not have to mean - and often doesn't - an increase in the absolute humidity. If the temperature Renaissance the same then, yes, otherwise it's probably temperature-related. Like dew on the ground outside. . . .

Er by the looks of it the OP - @Luisdayuso

Did not record dimensions of said space in the correct measurement & only left us with our wild imagination in till a picture turned up.... so we are gonna work that & common sense !

Not sure about lighting just yet as we are in veg :thumb:

If source of lighting changes or change bulbs, led panels turned up etc, etc, etc then the BTU may change which may effect temperature & relative humidity...

Maths :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom