Dehydrator... revisited

OldHippyMan

Talk me out of this... because I think it might work. The conventional wisdom is that a dehydrator should not be used, because I drys the smoke too quickly. What if i used a unit with adjustable heat, and set it to the lowest setting, which is 95 degrees. I would use a timer, and have the dehydrator run for 15 minutes, then shut off for 45 minutes. The cycle would then be repeated.

To my mind, this would allow the bud to dry slowly, and for the moisture in the interior of the bud to slowly come to the surface. That's what is supposed to happen in the drying curing process... right?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'm a first time grower, and have a lot to learn.

Thanks!

:Namaste:

If anything, test it out on a few buds and run comparison from the old tried and true method. Never hurts to try new things, just don't try it with whole batch, that way you still have something if it goes wrong

It does work I've done it myself it's a harsher smoke is what I've found. And I THINK don't quote me on any of this lol.

Even your drying room has like 20 to 30 % humidity in it the dehydrator has none so I think it's pulling too much still too fast,

Example my room is 70 f right now with the humidity at 26% I have 3 drying trays and 4 paper sacks on the floor, with plenty of air flowing threw the whole room I leave the bud on the trays for a day or 2 and then add to the paper sack shake and stir the sack up couple times a day. this slows the drying even more but have found it to be the best way to get just a smooth smoke 100 times better than any bag I've picked up and I get quite a few comments on it too. It will be about 10 days for what seems to be around a LB of bud.

Dehydrator time if you did that you would be done in like 3 days it's still a quicker dry method even with a timer and everything it all boils down to how you like your bud when you smoke it. If you don't mind a little harsher smoke take a go it does work. Just don't forget to rotate your trays the buds in the top try dry faster than the buds in the bottom :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks kola. Was wondering if someone tried it. Can't wait to see that smoke report on dried pc, and really can't wait to hear about it after a month long cure

Thanks Kola. I suspect I might find a timing interval that would give acceptable results. Perhaps 15 on, and 90 minutes might work better. The question is what settings would ready the bud for curing, OR dry AND cure the bud. I just may go the traditional route, I'm not sure. Have a few more weeks to harvest.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom