Delicious Cotton Candy Flowering Day 24

chazmania

Here's my Delicious Cotton Candy Flower Day 39. She is blowing up at an incredible rate and has become quite smelly (in a good way lol).

CC_Flower_Day_39.jpg

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Chazmania have you thought about starting a journal? I'm sure every one else would also like to see everything involved in your grow. There's a link to my journal in my signature. It really helps experienced growers offer specific advice when they can see your entire grow operation. We all can learn from each others mistakes so don't feel bad if you make any.

Hi Everyone:

Thanks for the kind remarks. I've since harvested her and will have a smoke report posted very soon. In the interim, it's amazing probably the best I've grown to date - very heady euphoric effect with a slight body buzz. I'm definitely going to start a journal for my next grow (White Widow) now that I have more time on my hands. I've switched up to a 600W MH/HPS for this grow supplemented with CFL for side lighting. I also have a 400W MH/HPS which I plan to use for vegging - would like to create a never ending supply of superior bud.

Here a couple pix of the finished buds. I had to set up a humidifier while drying them - thankfully I was able to keep RH around 41%. It's a real challenge harvesting during the winter - learning curve for sure.

CC_Buds_2.jpg

CC_Buds_1.jpg

I love the color and fragrance - it's definitely in my top 10 strains :)

In retrospect I should have concentrated more light on the lower branches to even out the COLAS. The top two just grew like mad and there was little I could do at that point. Also, I think I topped too soon - next time I wait until I have at least five (any help in either regarding would be greatly appreciated)***

***wallpaper excluded from commentary LOL

CC_Week_7.jpg

So chazmania, are you saying that the humidity is very low, so you added some to slow the drying process down a little?:Namaste:

Hi PinkyGree:

Exactly - it slowed the drying process considerably. I learned this lesson from my last grow (Skunk #1) it dried way too quickly and ended up brittle and harsh. The chlorophyll overtones were terrible. Still, it was quite potent :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your topping was timed ok but you probably could've done some LST to help even things out. Those colas look amazing!

thanks Calyx Hunter! I'm going LST for sure on my next grow - really like what you've done on your current grow. Hopefully I will be able to achieve a better yield. I can only grow up to four plants so maximizing yield is one of objectives. I'd like to reach 2.5 oz per plant for my next grow.

Very nice buds indeed :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom