Denmark

Geodesic

Denmark is the only country where it's completely legal according to: Legality of cannabis by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I thought it was Holland with its famous Amsterdam cafes.

So what's it like to live in a country where it's totally legal? Any Denmarkians (as Bush would say) here care to comment? Can you grow as much as you want? Can you sell as much as you want? Beyond the recreational aspects I'd really like to experiment with different strains and hemp bud oil for my fibromyalgia and my father's prostate cancer. It's just incredible that I risk imprisonment and confiscation of my house if I dare try that here in the "greatest country in the world". I just wonder what it's like to live in a really free country.

hmmm interesting to know.. i have a friend from Denmark who never smoked green before he came to America. He said that he would always smoke hash, never greens...

I believe that Portugal also has completely legal weed (and every other drug for that matter).

Since this thread is on the topic of Denmark / Holland; I was arguing with a friend of mine about legality the other day, and he said "why then is Holland and Denmark slowly changing their policies back to prohibition?". I had never heard that they were changing the policies, so i looked it up on the net, and got nothing.

My question to you is: Are the Netherlands changing their legal drug policies?

I was arguing with a friend of mine about legality the other day, and he said "why then is Holland and Denmark slowly changing their policies back to prohibition?".

Think maybe the whole EU & free trade thing has a lot to do with it. Seems like I read something here last month or in March about it but it could have been somewhere else like maybe the SSUK mags.

Think maybe the whole EU & free trade thing has a lot to do with it. Seems like I read something here last month or in March about it but it could have been somewhere else like maybe the SSUK mags.

Thanks for the response, ill look into it! :thanks:

I'm from Denmark, and weed isn't legal at any way here.. There once was Pusherstreet in Christiania in Copenhagen, where they had tables with hash, weed, pre-rolled joints etc. But the government buldozzed that down years ago (it's still easy to buy weed and hash there though - and other stuff like bongs, pipes, paper, "hippie" clothes etc.) But it's still illegal here, unfortunally..

So if you are visiting Copenhagen and need smoke, visit Christiania. It's also a great place just to hang out.. There's also this place in Thy, called Thy Lejren (Lejren = Camp) where it's possible to buy weed, but it's more "closed" than Christiania.. And it's also a cousy place, and a small "closed" hippie community like Christiania.. Good times :)

Back
Top Bottom