Deputies Recover Nearly 90 Pounds Of Pot In I-80 Traffic Stops

Jacob Redmond

Douglas County authorities said nearly 90 pounds of marijuana was recovered in three separate traffic stops on Interstate 80 over the past 24 hours.

On Thursday afternoon, a deputy stopped a 2015 Kia Sportage on I-80 near 96th Street for a traffic infraction.

During the stop, the deputy became suspicious and deployed a K-9 which alerted the indication of drugs in the vehicle. A subsequent search resulted in the seizure of 13 pounds of marijuana.

The driver, Calvin Patillar Jr., 24, and passengers Dion McKissick, 21, and Marie Renee, 28, all of Indiana, were arrested and booked each on a count of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and failure to affix a tax stamp.

Hours later, a deputy stopped an eastbound 2014 Ford Escape on I-80 near 13th Street for a traffic infraction.

During the stop, the deputy noticed heat-sealed, clear plastic bags in the rear cargo area of the vehicle. A search of the vehicle turned up about 57 pounds of packaged marijuana.

The driver of the vehicle, Matthew Wilgenbush, 49, and passenger Larry Wilgenbush, 78, both of California, were arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and failure to affix a tax stamp.

Then, early Friday morning, a deputy stopped an eastbound 2015 Chevrolet Impala on I-80 near L Street for a traffic infraction.

During the stop, a K-9 was deployed and alerted the presence of drugs in the trunk of the vehicle. A search revealed just under 17 pounds of marijuana.

The driver of the vehicle, Gary Papa Jr., 33, and Angela Guglielmo, 26, both of Pennsylvania, were arrested and booked on counts of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and failure to affix a tax stamp.

Patillar-McKissick-Renee-arrest-JPG.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Deputies recover nearly 90 pounds of pot in I-80 traffic stops | Local News - KETV Home
Author: KETV
Photo Credit: Douglas County Sheriff's Dept.
Website: Omaha News, Weather and Sports - Nebraska News - KETV Channel 7

More 'criminals' headed for lengthy jail sentences. Well done PD. Are you proud?

Well come on! Its idiots like that that are making this harder for the rest of us that ARE legal and DO abide by our states respective laws in regards to cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom