Derek910's 2021 Multiple Strain Grow

Veg Day 35, Grow Day 42

My other plants have been hanging for a couple days and are now able to be put in the 3x3. Because of that I am able to move these into the 4x8. I've got the lights at 31" right now. We'll see how the plants react and I'll adjust from there.

In order from left to right: White Widow, Gelato, Phantom OG, Star Doggie

IMG_0291.jpg

Close Ups:
White Widow
IMG_0295.jpg

Gelato
IMG_0294.jpg

Phantom OG
IMG_0293.jpg

Star Doggie
IMG_0292.jpg

Hey man, mind if I tag along? Plants are looking super healthy and love the clean looking tents. Interested in seeing that Gelato and white widow :D

Hey man, mind if I tag along? Plants are looking super healthy and love the clean looking tents. Interested in seeing that Gelato and white widow :D
Of course not, the more the merrier. Yeah, have to keep the tents clean to prevent pests. I love White Widow and Gelato. I’ve grown them both before. Enjoy and welcome to my grow.

Veg Day 42, Grow Day 49

They have been up potted to 3 gallon pots and I tied the 4 main branches down a little bit to spread them out. I watered them through the original root ball and a little bit outside of that to promote horizontal root growth. It's only been 24 hours but they show no signs of stress and they love their new space. I'm going to let these go for at least 2 weeks to allow the roots to reach out into new soil. Depending on how much they've grown will determine if I flip them then or not. I rearranged them a little bit.

In order from left to right: Star Doggie, Gelato, Phantom OG, White Widow

IMG-0302.jpg

Looks great Derek. They are filling.iut nicely and will even more now that you got them tied back allowing more light in. You're right on track, they should be perfect in 2 or 3 weeks to flip. :goodjob:

Looks great Derek. They are filling.iut nicely and will even more now that you got them tied back allowing more light in. You're right on track, they should be perfect in 2 or 3 weeks to flip. :goodjob:
Yes they are going to explode now that I have opened them up. Normally I use a SCROG net, but I'm going to train the branches with plant stakes this time.

Veg Day 45, Grow Day 52

They got watered yesterday. I only added Cal/Mag to the water and ph'd them to 6.3. I gave them a little more water this time since the roots have had a little time to reach out to new soil. Watered them to runoff, but not all the way to the edge of the pots. In a few more days I'm going to remove a bunch of leaves and branches, then I'm going to train 12 branches per plant with plant stakes. I'll give them another week to recover and then they are getting the flip. They are happy and healthy and I am excited to see what these ladies do. They are all showing female pre-flowers so I am happy about that as well.

IMG-0309.jpg

Yours are looking great !!

Good Stuff mine are just starting to stretch had the LED's at 18". Have bumped them up to 22 -24 " and by next week. Will be dropping them down to 16 on from 18 on.

1615670103773.png

They are at 18 hours on and will give them 2 weeks at 16 hours on. Then go 12 / 12 till harvest.
They are just now starting to show signs sagging leaves and branches after 18 hours.

But just starting to add height about 1/2 inch every 2 days. So giving them 2 weeks at 16 hours will help give them some extra height. I moved LED's from 18 to 24 '' and have one more LED to introduce to the mix as they spread out.
I also started to switch their nuit's from just Foxfarm Veg to include the bloom / flower in the mix.

Every branch has white pistils in the upper nodes so pre-flower is just a week or so away. So the 16 hours on will give them 4 more hours to stretch. While helping them to transition, they say what the plant does during lights out is just as important for its yield and health. Then the time or even the intensity of the lights on cycle. Like us, the harder the work out the more time to recuperate.

So will wait 2 more weeks till I go to 12 / 12 on their light cycle.

Keep up the Good Work they look very happy !!

My lights are about 22” above the plants. They do have the Veg and Bloom settings. Right now I only have the Veg switch on. I have much better lights in my 4x8 tent, but I am waiting on some other plants to finish in there. So these will be under these lights for about 2 more weeks.
Hi Derek - I'm Jon, like your journal, jumping on for the ride if you don't mind. I'm on my second grow and have two tents running and a half decent setup too. Your plants look amazing. Killer job so far. I did my first grow with lights very much like yours, blurples with veg and bloom switches. I first tried just the blues, as you are. The plants stretched a lot more than I liked, despite the light not being too far away or not powerful enough. So, I switched and I vegged the entire time with both the veg and bloom switches on, giving them as close to full spectrum as possible. I know the manufacturer suggests the blue, but really in my experience that is only for seedlings if at all. Full spectrum (veg and bloom) is WAY better for the plants and if you switched to that I bet you that you would see future nodes popping out more tightly than you are right now, which would obviously be a huge plus. My unsolicited advice (with the aim of trying to help only, you do whatever you like, lol) is to at least TRY the veg and bloom for three or four days. You can always go back to the blues if you don't see results. But I would almost guarantee that you will within four or five days max.

All that said, during the last three weeks of budding, I DID switch to just the reds. That worked very well at the end of budding.

Just my experience for what it's worth, man. I can't WAIT to see how your buds turn out. Healthy plants make you happy don't they? I smiled just looking at your pictures!

Hi Derek - I'm Jon, like your journal, jumping on for the ride if you don't mind. I'm on my second grow and have two tents running and a half decent setup too. Your plants look amazing. Killer job so far. I did my first grow with lights very much like yours, blurples with veg and bloom switches. I first tried just the blues, as you are. The plants stretched a lot more than I liked, despite the light not being too far away or not powerful enough. So, I switched and I vegged the entire time with both the veg and bloom switches on, giving them as close to full spectrum as possible. I know the manufacturer suggests the blue, but really in my experience that is only for seedlings if at all. Full spectrum (veg and bloom) is WAY better for the plants and if you switched to that I bet you that you would see future nodes popping out more tightly than you are right now, which would obviously be a huge plus. My unsolicited advice (with the aim of trying to help only, you do whatever you like, lol) is to at least TRY the veg and bloom for three or four days. You can always go back to the blues if you don't see results. But I would almost guarantee that you will within four or five days max.

All that said, during the last three weeks of budding, I DID switch to just the reds. That worked very well at the end of budding.

Just my experience for what it's worth, man. I can't WAIT to see how your buds turn out. Healthy plants make you happy don't they? I smiled just looking at your pictures!
They are not under the blurple lights any more. They are in a different tent with some better full spectrum lights. I'll have to try turning both switches on for my next grow though. Welcome aboard!!!

Veg Day 51, Grow Day 58

I removed a bunch of branches and leaves. I'm going to train 12 branches per plant with plant stakes instead of SCROG this time. I'm going to give them a full 7 days to recover from the defoliation and then I'm flipping them to flower. I'm trying to not have to remove anything after I flip them so there isn't any stress after they are in flower. Right now I have a plant stake for each of the 4 main branches. Once the shorter lower branches get longer I will add a stake to train them as well. All of the cuttings went into the compost tumbler. Once they drink up their pots I will be flushing them to get all of the veg nutes out and any salts left behind. Then I will add the first stage of flower nutes to support the stretch and blooming. This is kind of an experiment for me. My goal is to have 12 branches with no lower popcorn buds. Instead of lollipopping after they've been flipped to flower and causing stress I want to do that prior to the flip and as the branches grow for the next 7 days and then the stretch my hope is this will have the effect of lollipopping, but without the stress during flower. We shall see.

Before the defoliation

IMG_0316.jpg

After the defoliation

IMG_0318.jpg
IMG_0319.jpg

They are not under the blurple lights any more. They are in a different tent with some better full spectrum lights. I'll have to try turning both switches on for my next grow though. Welcome aboard!!!
Thanks, and yeah, as soon as I hit post reply I saw that, sorry. Lol. So I guess you do early veg under those and then move them to finish veg and bud under better light?

@Jon It's all good man. Yes I germinate them in a propagator, then they go in the 3x3 for early veg, then into the 4x8 for late veg and flower. When the flowering plants have about 4 weeks left I start the process for the next grow. Gives me a steady flow of medicine.

@Jon It's all good man. Yes I germinate them in a propagator, then they go in the 3x3 for early veg, then into the 4x8 for late veg and flower. When the flowering plants have about 4 weeks left I start the process for the next grow. Gives me a steady flow of medicine.
Interesting. I just got tent number two, this is my first grow with both tents running. But I've been considering how to best utilize two tents to have a steady stream as you have going. The experiment this time is I am trying autos in my old tent (the blurple tent) and photo scrog in the new tent (with a real light). See how that works. But it seems a lot of people do it the way you are so maybe that's best.

Interesting. I just got tent number two, this is my first grow with both tents running. But I've been considering how to best utilize two tents to have a steady stream as you have going. The experiment this time is I am trying autos in my old tent (the blurple tent) and photo scrog in the new tent (with a real light). See how that works. But it seems a lot of people do it the way you are so maybe that's best.
I haven't tried any autos yet. I have a couple Blue Dream and LSD autos, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I like my photos. I've grown plants from start to finish in both tents, but I think I like moving plants on a schedule better. I use to cut clones off and then grow them behind their mothers so I can make adjustments, but I went on a seed buying spree and now I need to go through them a little faster. Same reason I'm doing 4 strains at a time when I used to do 2.

Back
Top Bottom