Did I Bite Off Too Much To Chew?

User43

So I got a lot of seeds in the mail and I had a few girls coming out of the tent with 7lb pots and Im switching to 3lb only so there was a lot of room available all the sudden...

So in my haste to get a little bit of all the strains I have I started 6 different strains all at once(was thinking this will be the last grow to be decently cured for 4/20 this year which Im very excited about)... I didnt consider until now, two possible problems. They might all need different things; Those things might not be possible to provide side by side in the same tent, like temp or RH...

The strains are White Rhino, White Widow, Bubba Kush, Durban Poison, Northern Lights and Pineapple Express.

I believe Rhino, Widow, and NL all share genetics now that im thinking about it so maybe I got lucky?

How big of a whoopsies was this?

With Covid you should have plenty of time around the house to get it all sorted out like the rest of the human race. So no you should be fine :goodluck:
Im gunna apologize now for the 89 questions in the next 3 months lol.

Are they all photoperiod or do you have autoflowers?

Cause they use different light cycles to flower.

Different strains are ok just treat em all differently, independent from each other and you'll be fine ;)
The Widow, Rhino, and Bubba Kush are photo, the others are Auto.

I have 5 autos going atm as well so both tents are 18/6. Im hoping that letting the photo's veg for 10+ weeks
will produce some heavy yields. Maaaaaaan Im just realizing that the photo's might not be ready for 4/20... :(

Lots of room. I'm squished in only a 2x2x5 for the last few years. I've grown up to 5 plants at once in that (which I wouldn't recommend) but now only one or two at a time, with SCROG.

The funny thing is I basically get the same yield from a strain in a grow, no matter how many plants, as they all end up filling the tent anyway. More plants though, the less veg time.

It's good to have variety in a harvest like you're going to have. I'm envious.

Lots of room. I'm squished in only a 2x2x5 for the last few years. I've grown up to 5 plants at once in that (which I wouldn't recommend) but now only one or two at a time, with SCROG.

The funny thing is I basically get the same yield from a strain in a grow, no matter how many plants, as they all end up filling the tent anyway. More plants though, the less veg time.

It's good to have variety in a harvest like you're going to have. I'm envious.

Lol thank you, not much to envy though, I only got about 1.5 ounces per plant thus far on autos, nothin to brag about.

I think if u veg pineapple express for 10 weeks u will need a 15foot high tent by the end of flower. Lol. Keep in mind some strains stretch alot more than others but u can overcome that with bending and things.
That hadnt crossed my mind, luckily P.E. is one of the auto's. It is my personal favorite so I kinda wish i did have photo period seeds of it so i could get some big yields of her.

The photo's are White Widow, White Rhino, and Northern Lights, Do you think I will run out of space with those 3 veg'd
10 weeks?

Have you mentioned how large your tent/grow area is? If so i missed it, sorry. If those 3 are vegged in a 2×2? You are running a chance of crowding. In a 2×4, pushing it. 10 weeks is a long time; almost 3 months. If your environment and lights are on point, you will have a tent full.

Even with the growth, you can always top it back to where you need it at. Terrible thing is you will lose all that growth, but they will still be alive and will continue to grow.

Too many plants in a small area doesn't allow them to flourish with light and fresh air. That would be the only draw back, if you consider that one. They will grow and bud but not be able to spread out their/her branches and grow.

Have you mentioned how large your tent/grow area is? If so i missed it, sorry. If those 3 are vegged in a 2×2? You are running a chance of crowding. In a 2×4, pushing it. 10 weeks is a long time; almost 3 months. If your environment and lights are on point, you will have a tent full.

Even with the growth, you can always top it back to where you need it at. Terrible thing is you will lose all that growth, but they will still be alive and will continue to grow.

Too many plants in a small area doesn't allow them to flourish with light and fresh air. That would be the only draw back, if you consider that one. They will grow and bud but not be able to spread out their/her branches and grow.
I have the 3 photo's in a 2x2x5 and the 3 auto's in a 4x4x8. In the big tent there is a Dosi auto due to come out in
about 3 weeks, and then 2 Zkittles and 2 Green Crack that will be due in about 6 weeks.

My hope is that the dosi/zkittle/greencrack will get out of the big tent before the small tent gets out grown.

Sadly I cant start new seeds until those Photoperiods are done because I have a lot of light leaks. So I want to grow
em pretty big since they really slow down the next batch.

So I got a lot of seeds in the mail and I had a few girls coming out of the tent with 7lb pots and Im switching to 3lb only so there was a lot of room available all the sudden...

So in my haste to get a little bit of all the strains I have I started 6 different strains all at once(was thinking this will be the last grow to be decently cured for 4/20 this year which Im very excited about)... I didnt consider until now, two possible problems. They might all need different things; Those things might not be possible to provide side by side in the same tent, like temp or RH...

The strains are White Rhino, White Widow, Bubba Kush, Durban Poison, Northern Lights and Pineapple Express.

I believe Rhino, Widow, and NL all share genetics now that im thinking about it so maybe I got lucky?

How big of a whoopsies was this?
It's the best whoopsies you every made mate:lot-o-toke:
i did 17 strains outdoor this year and it was a pain in arse but well worth it !!!! my mates are begging me to trade weed because they are already bored smoking same weed strain.

-temp & humidity is a range for most plants, so you'll be good.
-I had a few plants that wanted the cal/mag pounded to them, but other than that i used same nut mix on all plants then misted with foilar spray to add extra what ever i told me it wanted
-your room might be held up few weeks as plants finish at different times when checking for harvest.

Problems are a good thing mate, means your pushing life to the max, good luck and happy smoking !!

*NOTE* didn't see that plants are photo and auto

Ya know mustang, that's great insight. I need at least 2 types at hand. I go back and forth from what i think is my favorite. Depends on tolerances and once one isn't knocking my socks off...i hit the other and receive that relaxing release again.

Ya know mustang, that's great insight. I need at least 2 types at hand. I go back and forth from what i think is my favorite. Depends on tolerances and once one isn't knocking my socks off...i hit the other and receive that relaxing release again.

I'm sativa smoke in morning, nice hybrid in afternoon, and indica at night.

Auto & Photo mix
Ive done mothers(photo) and auto in same room and i've grown auto plants outdoors late in season when days are shorter(little smaller/less bud). that said i've never gone under 18/6 indoors with auto, i mean 12/12 isn't best for auto but it will still grow but less light smaller buds.

you may need to get 2nd tent ready:Rasta:
I have the 3 photo's in a 2x2x5 and the 3 auto's in a 4x4x8. In the big tent there is a Dosi auto due to come out in
about 3 weeks, and then 2 Zkittles and 2 Green Crack that will be due in about 6 weeks.

My hope is that the dosi/zkittle/greencrack will get out of the big tent before the small tent gets out grown.

Sadly I cant start new seeds until those Photoperiods are done because I have a lot of light leaks. So I want to grow
em pretty big since they really slow down the next batch.
mother and auto room 18/6 or 24/0 and flower room(12/12) for your clones you take from photo plants.

Back
Top Bottom