Did I LST this right?

Jengablaze

Hi guys first grow here just wanting some tips on my attempt at lst.
It is a super cali haze auto from short stuff at day 20. I know some people say not to train autos but ive seen enough evidence on the grow journals to give me enough reason to try. My question is, looking at the pics below could any of you more experienced growers shed any light on whether i did it right? I used a piece of electrical cable and created a horseshoe into the soil to pull the top of the plant down. Do i need to add another tie opposite the top but nearer the soil or is what i have here good to go?
20140103_160659.jpg
20140103_160703.jpg

Thanks in advance guys
Jenga

Thanks CA i will look at doing that today. I never quite understood why people tied the stem side but you just enlightened me so thanks!
I know the feeling about training autos isnt a positive one but ive seen some success with LST so thought i would give it a go.
Thanks man big help
Jenga

Anytime! I have only once had a plant uproot abit in a 5 gal but the girl was easily 3 months in veg, another in the ground that uprooted but easily remedied that with a good 6"~ top soil. I don't really put the bottom brace on my girls anymore and all has been a o k :Namaste: I am waiting for a little warmer weather in the following weeks to experiment with my first auto bean, definitely going to go for the lst!

Nice! This was a freebie from attitude i believe. Funny thing is i never knew it was an auto and germed it with 3 photoperiod strains! I have a veg room (converted fridge) and a flowering tent but im stuck as to where to put it as the other girls will need to go onto 12/12 lol. Might just have to veg them for a long while and top etc. Still taking all this stuff as a lesson though to be fair and any bud will be gratefully recieved! :) by the way good luck with the autos ill let u know how i get on.
Cheers bro
Jenga

Free beans here also, got to love em! You could keep that auto under 18/6 with the veg chamber and she will surely finish up with them (if room is acceptable), although will need different feedings of course. Keep us updated! Thanks for the kind words mate hope these girls work out in your favor :Namaste:

Free beans here also, got to love em! You could keep that auto under 18/6 with the veg chamber and she will surely finish up with them (if room is acceptable), although will need different feedings of course. Keep us updated! Thanks for the kind words mate hope these girls work out in your favor :Namaste:

whyle lst'ing my plant the two main cola branches poppd a bit
its about the size of a paper cut (tiny gash)
Doea it heal over like a scab all alone or should i do something to it

Rite at the center where it splits is wer it poped a bit
wat should i do?

I've never grown autos and 'm actually LSTing for the first time this grow so I am learning from you right now. I'm still trying to figure it all out. ;) Regarding the cut, is it the small one just left of the main stem? If so, it doesn't look very deep. I would tape it up and it should heal just fine.

The seed bank I used is not a 420 Sponsor, but they are Holland based and the seeds came in a white envelope inside of a 4"x6" white padded mailer. They had two stealth options, wallet or pencil, I chose the wallet.

I've never grown autos and 'm actually LSTing for the first time this grow so I am learning from you right now. I'm still trying to figure it all out. ;) Regarding the cut, is it the small one just left of the main stem? If so, it doesn't look very deep. I would tape it up and it should heal just fine.

The seed bank I used is not a 420 Sponsor, but they are Holland based and the seeds came in a white envelope inside of a 4"x6" white padded mailer. They had two stealth options, wallet or pencil, I chose the wallet.

Its not an auto flower as far as i know but then again i have no idea wat auto fliwer is.
im vegging rite now. and the cut is on the main stem rite wer i topped it
wat should i do and wat kind of tape?
Thanks ill give that bean bank a try

dont know if u can see it but thats the cut. wat should i do

My bad, I mixed up the OP's issue with yours. D'oh! A prime example of the consequences of trying to be helpful when baked. ;) Auto flower plants flower on a predetermined schedule as opposed to photo plants which can be vegged for indefinite periods of time before flowering.

My bad, I mixed up the OP's issue with yours. D'oh! A prime example of the consequences of trying to be helpful when baked. ;) Auto flower plants flower on a predetermined schedule as opposed to photo plants which can be vegged for indefinite periods of time before flowering.

Lol no worries im about to roll one up too :high-five:
so wat do u think about MY issue any input brottha?

dont know if u can see it but thats the cut. wat should i do

I don't really see any significant damage so I'd let it be for now. If one or more of your branches need support, then you can tape up and/or prop up those branches if you want. Cellophane tape is good as you can see how the repair is progressing.

I don't really see any significant damage so I'd let it be for now. If one or more of your branches need support, then you can tape up and/or prop up those branches if you want. Cellophane tape is good as you can see how the repair is progressing.

Kool.thanks that helps its not really damaged as much as its only a SLIT
but thanks i was just getting worried

i got another issue maybe u can help with brrotha
im runnin 2x30w 6500k 2x20w 5500k 1x19w 5500k and a 8w t5 cool white
is this a good set up for veg. its my first cfl grow

Back
Top Bottom