Did I place my seedlings into system to soon?

redny

This is my first time growing I bought the -6 plant Ecogrower spider system.

I germinated the seeds in a moist paper towel and as soon as the taproot busted through( 2 days) I placed them in the system, on top of clay pebbles and placed the cocotek covers over them, turned on my 400 w MP light, and started the pump -I am using the flora grow/micro solutions provided with system and mixed as directed. Lights are 2 feet above plants.

Its been 1 week and 4 out of the 6 have small stems and two small leaves, the other two look as if the white taproot is growing but no stem or leaves.

Should I have waited longer before placing them into the system? I have no pictures as my camera broke.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RedNY

did u put the seedling/taproot into rockwool or somekind of rooter plug? or did you just stick the taproot into the hydroton?

Thanks for the advice,
The 4 with stems seem to be doing well, but the other two still do not have any stem or leaves. I know its hard to diagnose without pictures I will try and send some soon, and will look into the rockwool and rooter plugs.

Thanks,
REDNY:ganjamon::ganjamon:

so do you think the ones which have setms and two starter leaves will be ok?

Make sure you hand water them if necessary to keep the roots wet and use a lower watt light or keep that 400 up higher until they show some growth.

Spending some time reading these forums can save beginners a lot of grief.

Good luck with your babies.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom