DIY 50 site aero cloner for under $100.00

I built one of these the other day. You gave the best design. Thank you. I went to the ez-clone site and downloaded their operating instructions. Your diy and their care instructions saved me huge money thank again +rep!

I built one of these the other day. You gave the best design. Thank you. I went to the ez-clone site and downloaded their operating instructions. Your diy and their care instructions saved me huge money thank again +rep!

I can't wait to try it :) I only added an airstone because I had it. More oxygen won't hurt :)

IMG_037910.JPG
IMG_038013.JPG

Here are a few differences when I build them.

1. I use the 396 echoplus ($26) with -Full Circle (360) spray pattern-Diameter: 7-11 feet (at 10-20 PSI)-Blue output: 7-11 GPH. I can easily run 16 of these on a manifold because they are low pressure.

2. I make my manifold much smaller, like 15"x7"

3. I use 2inch net cups to place neoprene rounds in, thus use a 2" hole saw.

4. I use weather striping around the top of the tote so that it doesn't leak. The sterlites leak a bit on the edges if no weather proofing is used.

5. I use a $7 fishtank air pump from Walmart to bubble the water, with a small stone on the edge. Two for $185 at Walmart. This way my water is oxigen rich.

You can make a 28-35 site cloner with a $7 Rubbermade tote, 18gal.

Here are a few differences when I build them.

1. I use the 396 echoplus ($26) with -Full Circle (360) spray pattern-Diameter: 7-11 feet (at 10-20 PSI)-Blue output: 7-11 GPH. I can easily run 16 of these on a manifold because they are low pressure.

2. I make my manifold much smaller, like 15"x7"

3. I use 2inch net cups to place neoprene rounds in, thus use a 2" hole saw.

4. I use weather striping around the top of the tote so that it doesn't leak. The sterlites leak a bit on the edges if no weather proofing is used.

5. I use a $7 fishtank air pump from Walmart to bubble the water, with a small stone on the edge. Two for $185 at Walmart. This way my water is oxigen rich.

You can make a 28-35 site cloner with a $7 Rubbermade tote, 18gal.

Several combos will work. I don't understand your use of the additional air pump though. It seems like overkill. Your pump and sprayers keep the water circulating at a high rate. There's more than enough Oxygen in there already.

Like you, I have actually scaled down my manifolds some and switched to Active Aqua, adjustable, 400GPH pumps from HydroFarm. These pumps are really cool. They have an adjustment knob on the front which allows you to fine tune your pump's output anywhere from 0GPH to 400GPH.

I meant the 20-30 gph misters. The 7-11 take a more powerful pump like a 1200gph. Basically, the more gph a mister puts out, the less powerful pump you need to make them work.

I will have to check the price on that active aqua.

There are two reasons for the bubbler.

1. More oxygen to the water feeding the roots. Always a good thing. In fact, I plan to run pure oxygen into it just to see what happens.

2. It makes more a more oxygenated water for the roots to set it, once they reach it, an they always do.

lol, you can't really compare oxygen needs of fish and roots, but yeh more oxygen can't hurt. I'm sure 420fied agrees if there's more oxygen, hey why not, but it's not necessary. The clones are hanging in the air :thumb: they have enough. Anyway, I don't know much about cloning so I'll leave the debate to someone who does. I just came here to say that I'm running my first set of cuttings (ever) and it's working :slide: :yahoo: ... I thought this was going to be hell, but so far so good. No roots yet, but they're allmmmost there :).

I don't even have a place to go with these cuts, most probably going to trash them as learning dummies :(. I thought I was going to fail so I'm using an unknown strain that I don't even want to clone. Damn you 420fied and your successful cloner!! lol cheers man! You made this seem simple and I followed directions from you journals. Good stuff :thumb:

I built a bubbler cloner that is just as effective for only $22, (42 clone site) but then you need to use 1 inch rockwool for each clone and a bit of hydroton, so add a few more dollars depending on how many clones you want in it. Super effective, allows for fat, long roots.

I built a bubbler cloner that is just as effective for only $22, (42 clone site) but then you need to use 1 inch rockwool for each clone and a bit of hydroton, so add a few more dollars depending on how many clones you want in it. Super effective, allows for fat, long roots.

That's great. You should author a tutorial so that others may see your setup. I know I'd be interested. I've never seen a Bubble cloner root clones as quickly/effectively/heartily as an aero cloner.

Back
Top Bottom