DIY Cal/Mag?

vetkush

Hi,
Is it possible to make your own Cal/Mag or what for Calcium and Magnisum does they use.
Or can I just mix the Foliar Spray to get the same result?
Thanx

I grow organically and used to use the GO CaMg+ product. I have since found it to be completely unnecessary in a functioning living soil mix. All bases are covered in the soil from macro nutrients to trace. These grows thrive on only water and you can make them even happier with an ACT or two. It's really easy to grow dank, healthy plants and never have to concern your self with any bottled products, including cal mag and everything else.

I'm documenting and sharing the process here on 420magazine. Check out link in signature if curious as to the method and ongoing results.

It's as simple as losing the synthetic mindset and using nature as a model. Remember, no one pours cal mag on the majestic redwoods!

Epsom salts for Mg and powdered eggshells for Ca (cook the eggshells in the oven for 10 mins at ~120 C, then grind in a mortar & pestle). You can top dress with the eggshell powder, just a light frosting, and water in with the diluted epsom salts (dosage is usually on the container for plants).
:peace:
However, COorganics is right, in good soil it is not necessary.

If u put egg shells(even pulverized) it don't break down fast enough for plants to use just sprinkling on.dissolving them in vinegar will break it down in to plant form for immediate use. the egg shells after dissolved makes the vinegar non acidic.I mix the resulting solution with water and use as is no problems yet.

For Mag I bring a pot/pan of water to a boil, put in Epsom salt as to dissolve. Then let cool(or if impatient mix cold water) and add to water.I've never grown hydro,but I wouldn't use much of either at first even in soil. I just put another dose of the cal on my grow this morning,I'm not scientific/exact with my grows.I'm sure if you were though you could get better results.

This site reckons gypsum is a good additive for Cal.
It also says that Cal deficiencies are often caused by pH in the wrong range or too much sodium (Na).
Given gypsum is so common and cheap I recommend it even if it's not quite DIY.

Back
Top Bottom