Do buds get bigger as trichromes mature?

erockhardass

Pretty simple question,

If I wait to pick the buds until the trichromes are more amber than milky, will the buds be bigger than if I pick them while they are cloudy or milky?

I dont want to pick them now while they are clear/cloudy if the buds will end up being larger.

Depending on your grow conditions... I have found that my buds keep growing and growing on up to full maturity (mostly amber). If your plants are happy and healthy they will bud more for you.

Pretty simple question,

If I wait to pick the buds until the trichromes are more amber than milky, will the buds be bigger than if I pick them while they are cloudy or milky?

I dont want to pick them now while they are clear/cloudy if the buds will end up being larger.
Well yes and no. It's hard to explain...They work like a cooking hot dog. Once they start to mature (last week or two), physical size growth slows to almost zero but the calaxys start to fill in with resins and they plump up.

thanks all. i'm already planning on superthrive and kelp mixture for my next grow.

yoda...this was killer pot. check out the trichomes! several people who tried it said it was -the most potent- stuff they'd had! i'm very happy with the quality. it smoked nicely, had a grapey taste, and smelled to high heaven.

all i'm looking for is size now. i only had 3 plants to one 400w light. if i had had 16 plants (it fills a sq.m), i would have yielded around 150 g. i know really good growers get over 1g/w at harvest. i'm way off! how do i boost my yield to 400 g per harvest?

Back
Top Bottom