Do buds take longer to ripen in the cold.

Stomps 23

image31206.jpg
Hi All,
I have 2 Red Devil and 1 Sharks breath at 7 and half weeks flower under 600watt lighting. Tricomes are approx 50% milky (as far as I've worked out, Red Devil don't turn Amber, went 10 weeks once to check). I was planning to harvest at 9 weeks, (as usual) but most buds look as thou they are still filling out and still have white hairs.
Question, we have had a very, very cold winter and room is, daytime 24 - 26 degrees, night time, 15 - 18 degrees (sorry, degrees, from Australia). Do the buds take longer with cold temps?
* been growing for a while! insulated the crap out of the room pre last summer! this my first winter crop. (My summer temps used to get up to 40 degrees before the insulation exercise.)
Cheers.

78 degrees F is perfect for growing, I would not suggest any hotter. And the going colder then 78 should ripen them up faster since the plant will realize winter is coming and try and reproduce as quickly as possible, BUT if the temp is to cold it can stunt plant growth. 78 degrees is not cold at all. My plants always take WAY longer then expected to ripen up.. Just be patient, it is worth the wait. Get a microscope and check trichomes for cloudy / amber, this is best way to determine harvest.

Cheers. I already check trichomes, they are about 50% milky. Apparently the Red Devil strain is one of those that don't turn amber, (if anyone can weigh in on that one.)
Makes sense about them thinking winter is here. Plants aren't stunted, but I was concerned about the low night temps, 59 - 64f.
It's a 8 week flower strain, but I always go 9, (if you think their ready, give em another week system).
Next Friday is 9 weeks, I'll start my flush today. That last week should finish em off.
Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom