Do I have nute burn or nitrogen deficiency? Or are they ok?

SmokeLake

EarlyMiss Auto 32 days above grade and the last 8-10 days have seen a foot of growth 1 did not branch out like the others but started to bud aggressively. Another has started to bud and the other 2 not far behind. However I’m concerned by lower leaf yellowing and yellow tips up top.
Using pro mix hpcc under 315w cmh. Watered yesterday with light dose General Organics Biothrive Grow 4-3-3
Water ph 7.5 added 15ml nute to 8 liters water result ph 5.5 applied 2 liters per plant about 100ml run off from each.
Light was to close few days ago I have since raised it to 20-24” from canopy
Any advice welcome see my journal for more history and ask if there’s a variable not mentioned
Thnx!
7B21F9BD-FA22-495D-A49B-E2D7C757B979.jpeg
CA30A736-E000-4D5A-9F33-D32FC68EA419.jpeg
FF1B6E0A-B4E3-4503-970E-5EE8B1D67576.jpeg
B0021473-64D1-4C70-AAFB-8208212FA38B.jpeg
7EC8E3FC-2FF0-4351-9F67-06F9331AA58F.jpeg

Overall they look to be in pretty good shape. Stop with the grow nutes, add a bit of calmag to the flower nutes just to be safe. At this point in flower you do not want a calcium or magnesium deficiency. Those are crucial to the plant to be close to their flowering potential. Also, what size are your pots? 100ml run off you may as well say zero. If those are 3 gallon pots wait until the plant is dry and give each one of them 1 gallon/3.75l of food/water. That should saturate the promix and give 2-4 cups of runoff to help clear some salts left behind by previous feedings. Dont forget some calmag in the next water/food and I would suggest ph it to 5.8 or even 5.9. This will help the plant absorb some of the food that it has a harder time with at 5.5 like calcium. It may not sound like a big difference from 5.5 to 5.9 but it can be. 5.9 is 4 times more alkaline than 5.5.

Thankyou fanleaf everything you say makes perfect sense i was anticipating a nute switch and had it in my head calmag was on my todo list but i was under a slightly diff impression regarding ph and runoff however i will try exactly as you say next feed/water cycle and see how things progress!
Thnx Again and Happy New Year to you and yours and everyone else!!

Thankyou fanleaf everything you say makes perfect sense i was anticipating a nute switch and had it in my head calmag was on my todo list but i was under a slightly diff impression regarding ph and runoff however i will try exactly as you say next feed/water cycle and see how things progress!
Thnx Again and Happy New Year to you and yours and everyone else!!
No problem. I would have started flower nutes about a week ago to be honest. I too grow in Promix and have been almost exclusively for the last few years. Yeah, nutrients like calcuim and Magnesium uptakes easier at a slightly higher pH. That is why many growers "drift" their pH on feeding up and down in roughly a 0.7 or so difference. That way nutrients that are more easily used at lower and higher Ph levels all get their time. Anyways, good luck and they are looking very healthy overall. Look forward to seeing them as they get older. Happy Holidays.

No problem. I would have started flower nutes about a week ago to be honest. I too grow in Promix and have been almost exclusively for the last few years. Yeah, nutrients like calcuim and Magnesium uptakes easier at a slightly higher pH. That is why many growers "drift" their pH on feeding up and down in roughly a 0.7 or so difference. That way nutrients that are more easily used at lower and higher Ph levels all get their time. Anyways, good luck and they are looking very healthy overall. Look forward to seeing them as they get older. Happy Holidays.

Out of curiosity why would you have started flowering nutes a week ago? I was under the impression one should continue veg nutes into early flowering with autos. Which the 1 plant obviously is well into flower and a week ago there was little to no sign of buds. Things have progressed very quickly in the last 7-10 days. And this may seem dumb but im curious what you think as it seems the diff between veg nutes and bloom is the ratio of n-p-k however im sure there is a bit more to it than just that. I appreciate your help in gaining a better understanding Thnx!!

Out of curiosity why would you have started flowering nutes a week ago? I was under the impression one should continue veg nutes into early flowering with autos. Which the 1 plant obviously is well into flower and a week ago there was little to no sign of buds. Things have progressed very quickly in the last 7-10 days. And this may seem dumb but im curious what you think as it seems the diff between veg nutes and bloom is the ratio of n-p-k however im sure there is a bit more to it than just that. I appreciate your help in gaining a better understanding Thnx!!
I actually will feed veg nutes for the first week of flower on photo plants but never in auto's. The fact is with auto's having such a short pre-determined life the first 2 weeks of flower is the most important. Fact is that the bigger you can get the bud sites in the first week and faster you can get the plants to initiate flower the bigger the yield will be at the end. I believe I have several autoflower journals on here and I have probably one of the higher autoflower yields here. Usually averaging 5-6 cured ounces per auto. Some more, some less but I always try to time my flower nutes so the plant is dry and ready to drink right at the first sight of the plant changing to flower. With the hormones in the plant starting to change I believe flower initiator boosters can help the plant change and focus on flower more rapidly. That's my technique anyways.

I actually will feed veg nutes for the first week of flower on photo plants but never in auto's. The fact is with auto's having such a short pre-determined life the first 2 weeks of flower is the most important. Fact is that the bigger you can get the bud sites in the first week and faster you can get the plants to initiate flower the bigger the yield will be at the end. I believe I have several autoflower journals on here and I have probably one of the higher autoflower yields here. Usually averaging 5-6 cured ounces per auto. Some more, some less but I always try to time my flower nutes so the plant is dry and ready to drink right at the first sight of the plant changing to flower. With the hormones in the plant starting to change I believe flower initiator boosters can help the plant change and focus on flower more rapidly. That's my technique anyways.

Thanks for taking the time to post that explanation that makes sense and tho I have yet to fully explore your journals I intend to and I certainly can not argue with success!! Stay tuned ill post more pics in my journal soon Thanks again for the info and advice!

Thanks for taking the time to post that explanation that makes sense and tho I have yet to fully explore your journals I intend to and I certainly can not argue with success!! Stay tuned ill post more pics in my journal soon Thanks again for the info and advice!
No problem at all. Many people do it different than I do and have great success as well. I guess there is more than 1 way to skin a cat but as long as the final result is great that's what matters. I'll be watching as long as more is posted. Good luck!

I feed grow until my autoflowers have the first sign of little white flowers. This almost always gives me a larger plant that goes a little longer than it would if I had started bloom nutrients earlier. A little trick I figured out some years back. I think your plants will be fine. It looks like you fed a little more than they wanted but they should be more hungry now anyways.

This is the same technique I used to grow the world's largest yielding auto, which I documented on my Youtube channel. 2.8 pounds dry from auto Critical by Royal Queen seeds in a 5 gallon hard pot, coco and perlite. I also grew a Northern Lights by Royal Queen seeds 14.8oz. That is still a record for an autoflower.

I feed grow until my autoflowers have the first sign of little white flowers. This almost always gives me a larger plant that goes a little longer than it would if I had started bloom nutrients earlier. A little trick I figured out some years back. I think your plants will be fine. It looks like you fed a little more than they wanted but they should be more hungry now anyways.

This is the same technique I used to grow the world's largest yielding auto, which I documented on my Youtube channel. 2.8 pounds dry from auto Critical by Royal Queen seeds in a 5 gallon hard pot, coco and perlite. I also grew a Northern Lights by Royal Queen seeds 14.8oz. That is still a record for an autoflower.
I will NEVER act like I could even get close to a 2.8 net pound auto. Not even a net 1 pound...Where is that Youtube video? I wanna go watch that!

Thanks for weighing in Ledrf I will certainly keep that in mind and watch for more precise timing to switch over. Wow those yields are way out of my league at this point but id sure like to see the video you speak of. Happy New Year to you and yours!!

I will NEVER act like I could even get close to a 2.8 net pound auto. Not even a net 1 pound...Where is that Youtube video? I wanna go watch that!

It will not let me link to a playlist. Here is one of the videos from the massive auto grow

Update
Ive let them dry out completely 1 was drooping slightly so i know they were dry! Mixed Bloom 10ml BioBud 5ml and CalMag 2.5ml per 4L water had to ph up slightly from 4.9/5 to 5.8/5.9 the runoff @ 4liters per pot to flush was on avg 5.9/6. This seems good to me and they definitely got a good flush about a liter run off each. Heres some pics which i will update before next watering when they have had time to chew on the bloom nutes. Thanks again for the advice!
0F10D31D-0017-404D-B564-D7B365F2936E.jpeg
12D5811D-E821-43A8-94AC-FD78F808EFB6.jpeg
DEDCC1F5-8FD5-4B66-82CA-B6977820BD76.jpeg
5463B956-5911-41FA-BD29-9E768598EEF8.jpeg
32561047-2323-4101-A697-1C03BCF3E5E3.jpeg

PH for sure. Looks like you've corrected.

PH needs to be below 7 for sure no matter what the medium. A little higher in soil. Also you want to measure the runoff PH that tells the real story.

PH for sure. Looks like you've corrected.

PH needs to be below 7 for sure no matter what the medium. A little higher in soil. Also you want to measure the runoff PH that tells the real story.

Thnx. Im well beyond this problem. Also beyond measuing runoff ive read some diff articles and hypothesis specific to promix which isnt soil and run off is not really an accurate representation of soil ph.

Do we need to pH adjust our nutrient solutions?
This link is to a 420 thread related to promix ph I found interesting.

Back
Top Bottom