Nutrient deficiency or what?

i've root bound both indoor so it's not out of the realm. it would have to be a pretty big plant.

root zone temp is more important. exposed buckets outdoor fair worse than a ground plant. once you hit 13c ambient outdoor air temp, the plant stalls. your temps are definitely at end, and i would expect to see it dropping, or consuming leaves.

lol, they get everywhere. if possible i'd do a bud wash after chop. you can search it here. i smoked loads of outdoor. it's not a snob thing, it's just an exposure you need to be aware of as a grower.

nice.

check your watering a touch as well. they won't consume so much when it's cooler. hit the linky.
Rqs says this:Once soil temperatures drop below 12°C, a cannabis plant's metabolism starts to slow down considerably. As it does, the plant will struggle to take up water, nutrients, and oxygen from its soil, and many of the enzymatic processes needed to fuel its growth will come to a standstill.Dec

I doubt my soil has dropped below 12c, the temps below 12c are at night and for a very short period, we're still averaging above that

My temperature is 22 degrees during the day and 5 at night and everything is fine. I water simply with water and everything is top notch.

I doubt my soil has dropped below 12c, the temps below 12c are at night and for a very short period, we're still averaging above that

it depends how long they stay there and how long it takes to warm up. typically the roots stall out and the plant eats itself finishing in fall temps. with a daytime temp that high it shouldn't be an issue though.

mc is known for a hard finish and most guys typically wind up too hot. it's sort of what i see here. what g/gal are you running and are you tracking ppm at all ?

considering it's late in the season and you're close to finish, i wouldn't expect it to get much better. at this point i'd just be watching trichomes and guarding against mold depending on climate.

it depends how long they stay there and how long it takes to warm up. typically the roots stall out and the plant eats itself finishing in fall temps. with a daytime temp that high it shouldn't be an issue though.

mc is known for a hard finish and most guys typically wind up too hot. it's sort of what i see here. what g/gal are you running and are you tracking ppm at all ?

considering it's late in the season and you're close to finish, i wouldn't expect it to get much better. at this point i'd just be watching trichomes and guarding against mold depending on climate.
Im thinking about harvesting this weekend.

Should i stop watering? Is it true that if i do so the plant will think it's dying and increase trichome production? Sort of like the 48h of dark before harvest?

I follow the MC calculator for feeding, i dont keep track of ppm i like keeping things simple

What would you recommend i do next year? There is a lot of dry leaves on the plant right now. It doesn't seem to affect bud quality, but it does seem a bit excessive which kinda worries me

Others suggested cal mag? Should.i use a cal mag supplement next year?

When i harvest i will show you guys much better pictures of the entire plant so you can get a better idea . I can't quite take good pics right now because of the way i set up my plants

Here are some pictures, this is only half of the plant as already harvested the other half and forgot to take pictures buds are all looking good hella tricomes everywhere

IMG_20221114_005703.jpg

IMG_20221114_005649.jpg

IMG_20221114_005626.jpg

IMG_20221114_005622.jpg

IMG_20221114_005614.jpg

IMG_20221114_005610.jpg

IMG_20221114_005607.jpg

IMG_20221114_005603.jpg

Also, i never have issues in early flower and veg, despite watering with nutes EVERYDAY.
Plants are growing faster in the vegetating stage. More leaf, stem and root growth. Once into flowering the development of new roots slows way down as does the growth of new leaves. Stem growth pretty much stops after the 'stretch.

I can up the dosage of mc without getting nutrient burn, should i do so?
Nope.

What do you mean by dropping?

Because the branches are "dropping" but i tho it was the weight of the buds causing the branches to look droppy
The leaves turning brown and dropping off the plant. Not the branches drooping and bending over from the weight of the buds.

The container starts to cool off as soon as the air surrounding it drops in temperature. Real good chance that the entire pot of soil is the same temperature as the air before sunrise. Then it will take several hours for it to warm back up. I have tested this with my indoor tent and noticed that the soil is the same as the air temp just before the lights turn off and them the same temp as the air by the time the lights come on 13 hours later.

Here are some pictures, this is only half of the plant as already harvested the other half and forgot to take pictures buds are all looking good hella tricomes everywhere
Yes, the buds look good as do the trichomes. But, the plant looks like it has the classic signs of an ongoing overdose which is why some of us made the suggestion to show photos of the entire plant. When we see just samples of a few leaves and buds it is harder to tell what is happening since often it will look like typical Potassium deficiencies.

All those lower leaves turned brown and wilted. Often they will not pull off the stem because the plant cannot grow the usual abscission layer since even the stem has died. The brown leaves can hang there for weeks as we see in the latest photos.

Out of boredom and wanting to see what would happen I deliberately overdosed my entire crop of 22 plants (mostly clones) while they were in the vegetating stage. Then I spent the rest of the summer working my way out of the situation. Every now and then added one of them to the flowering tent. Bit of a challenge but interesting the whole way through. Getting close to the end now.

Doing one flush will not help; might need to do 3 or more over a couple of months. Gotta stop adding nutrients until the soil and plant has processed what is there.

Since you are so close to the finish there is no point in adding any more fertilizer.

As mentioned in the earlier post I have been playing around with overdosing my plants as part of seeing just how far down the hobby rabbit-hole I want to go. What I see in your photos is the same as I have found on my plants.

The first photo below is one of yours from those you posted earlier today. It is a copy of the one you posted with the file number ending in 5703.

Circle #1 shows dead leaves and stems located close to the very bottom of the plant. Real good chance that even through those leaves are very brown they are not crispy and might feel soft and sometimes wet. The stems are dying or already dead but will not snap off. Any smaller buds inside this area have died. Once started this kind of damage can slowly work its way up into the newer or younger plant leaves and stems. I see what looks like the stems shrinking as the damage moves closer to the main stem. Same sorts of damage I have seen on my overdosed plants.

Circle #2 shows that the older and smaller fan leaves sticking out the bud have died back. Most of us accept some browning of the tips of the sugar leaves and most of the time we will be able to cut them off. Those brown sugar leaves might be brown all the way into the bud. Good chance that if you can follow the leaf Petiole (the stalk that joins a leaf to the stem) you might notice that where it meets the plant stem it is still thick and looks alive. But the closer the Petiole is to the brown leaf the skinnier it has become since it has shut down and is dying.

Circle #3 shows something that looks like a dead bud but I cant tell for sure. It could also be a bunch of dead leaves. If it is a bud that died I doubt that there are any tricomes left.

IMG-5703.jpg

Then this photo below is one that was cropped out of your photo that ended in the file numbers 5610. Those little small white or gray dots on the sugar leaves do look like the typical damage done by Mites. I get the same sort of thing happening on sugar leaves. Thoughts are that this is caused by younger mites which are small and very hard to see which is why we do not notice them when we look at the tops and bottoms of the bud's sugar leaves.

Also the typical mite we experience on our plants, the 2-spotted mite, will survive down to freezing. I have read that most of them will tolerate below freezing if they are protected by going into the soil or under fallen leaves or into small spaces or cracks in the stems of a plant.

img-5610.jpg

flushing this late into flowers sounds like a terrible idea IMO
You're flushing to remove the accumulated salts from the chelated fertilizer, if you don't do this no amount of fertilizer will help, as the nutrients are locked out. Flush the salts out (3x pot volume of water), then go back to feeding as you have been. I would never recommend flushing to remove nutrients and then stop feeding until harvest..

Plants are growing faster in the vegetating stage. More leaf, stem and root growth. Once into flowering the development of new roots slows way down as does the growth of new leaves. Stem growth pretty much stops after the 'stretch.

Nope.

The leaves turning brown and dropping off the plant. Not the branches drooping and bending over from the weight of the buds.

The container starts to cool off as soon as the air surrounding it drops in temperature. Real good chance that the entire pot of soil is the same temperature as the air before sunrise. Then it will take several hours for it to warm back up. I have tested this with my indoor tent and noticed that the soil is the same as the air temp just before the lights turn off and them the same temp as the air by the time the lights come on 13 hours later.

Yes, the buds look good as do the trichomes. But, the plant looks like it has the classic signs of an ongoing overdose which is why some of us made the suggestion to show photos of the entire plant. When we see just samples of a few leaves and buds it is harder to tell what is happening since often it will look like typical Potassium deficiencies.

All those lower leaves turned brown and wilted. Often they will not pull off the stem because the plant cannot grow the usual abscission layer since even the stem has died. The brown leaves can hang there for weeks as we see in the latest photos.

Out of boredom and wanting to see what would happen I deliberately overdosed my entire crop of 22 plants (mostly clones) while they were in the vegetating stage. Then I spent the rest of the summer working my way out of the situation. Every now and then added one of them to the flowering tent. Bit of a challenge but interesting the whole way through. Getting close to the end now.

Doing one flush will not help; might need to do 3 or more over a couple of months. Gotta stop adding nutrients until the soil and plant has processed what is there.

Since you are so close to the finish there is no point in adding any more fertilizer.

"Plants are growing faster in the vegetating stage. More leaf, stem and root growth. Once into flowering the development of new roots slows way down as does the growth of new leaves. Stem growth pretty much stops after the 'stretch."

are you saying i should give less fertilizer during flower? MC calls for more during flower

what do you reccomend doing on my next grow to avoid this? i've always followed the MC calculator

As mentioned in the earlier post I have been playing around with overdosing my plants as part of seeing just how far down the hobby rabbit-hole I want to go. What I see in your photos is the same as I have found on my plants.

The first photo below is one of yours from those you posted earlier today. It is a copy of the one you posted with the file number ending in 5703.

Circle #1 shows dead leaves and stems located close to the very bottom of the plant. Real good chance that even through those leaves are very brown they are not crispy and might feel soft and sometimes wet. The stems are dying or already dead but will not snap off. Any smaller buds inside this area have died. Once started this kind of damage can slowly work its way up into the newer or younger plant leaves and stems. I see what looks like the stems shrinking as the damage moves closer to the main stem. Same sorts of damage I have seen on my overdosed plants.

Circle #2 shows that the older and smaller fan leaves sticking out the bud have died back. Most of us accept some browning of the tips of the sugar leaves and most of the time we will be able to cut them off. Those brown sugar leaves might be brown all the way into the bud. Good chance that if you can follow the leaf Petiole (the stalk that joins a leaf to the stem) you might notice that where it meets the plant stem it is still thick and looks alive. But the closer the Petiole is to the brown leaf the skinnier it has become since it has shut down and is dying.

Circle #3 shows something that looks like a dead bud but I cant tell for sure. It could also be a bunch of dead leaves. If it is a bud that died I doubt that there are any tricomes left.

IMG-5703.jpg

Then this photo below is one that was cropped out of your photo that ended in the file numbers 5610. Those little small white or gray dots on the sugar leaves do look like the typical damage done by Mites. I get the same sort of thing happening on sugar leaves. Thoughts are that this is caused by younger mites which are small and very hard to see which is why we do not notice them when we look at the tops and bottoms of the bud's sugar leaves.

Also the typical mite we experience on our plants, the 2-spotted mite, will survive down to freezing. I have read that most of them will tolerate below freezing if they are protected by going into the soil or under fallen leaves or into small spaces or cracks in the stems of a plant.

img-5610.jpg
"eal good chance that even through those leaves are very brown they are not crispy and might feel soft and sometimes wet."

they're all dry and crispy to the touch

"

Also the typical mite we experience on our plants, the 2-spotted mite, will survive down to freezing. I have read that most of them will tolerate below freezing if they are protected by going into the soil or under fallen leaves or into small spaces or cracks in the stems of a plant."

i harvested my buds and i don't see any spider mites on the buds or leaves, were as in veg i could clearly see them even without a lense. here i can't spot any even with a lense, hence why i suggested they're not active in the winter, perhaps those are different kind of mites than the ones you're talking about?

i did stop giving my girls pesticide quite early this grow, last grow i kept spraying a bit into flower, but the end result looks very similar, so i never bothered doing more, especially because i don't like spraying stuff on my buds even if i wash them

are you saying i should give less fertilizer during flower? MC calls for more during flower
No, just that leaf growth slows down and stops, stem growth slows down and stops. Fertilizing still has to go on because once in flowering the plant is now growing flowers instead. And, flower and fruit growth is very demanding so the plant still needs the nutrients from the fertilizer mixes.

i harvested my buds and i don't see any spider mites on the buds or leaves, were as in veg i could clearly see them even without a lense. here i can't spot any even with a lense, hence why i suggested they're not active in the winter, perhaps those are different kind of mites than the ones you're talking about?
The damage is on the newer leaves. All those little dots are where the mites were chewing on the leaf surface so they could start to feed on the plant juices.

I get the same sort of thing on my indoor plants and on the few plants I put on the outdoor patio. I can't see the mites either though every now and then I will notice some webbing starting to show on the buds if I do nothing. The damage is there so I keep up with a preventative spray schedule just to be sure.

The cooler temperatures outdoors will slow them down but nothing seems to stop them completely. Probably one of the reasons some of the group call those mites "the Borg".

No, just that leaf growth slows down and stops, stem growth slows down and stops. Fertilizing still has to go on because once in flowering the plant is now growing flowers instead. And, flower and fruit growth is very demanding so the plant still needs the nutrients from the fertilizer mixes.

The damage is on the newer leaves. All those little dots are where the mites were chewing on the leaf surface so they could start to feed on the plant juices.

I get the same sort of thing on my indoor plants and on the few plants I put on the outdoor patio. I can't see the mites either though every now and then I will notice some webbing starting to show on the buds if I do nothing. The damage is there so I keep up with a preventative spray schedule just to be sure.

The cooler temperatures outdoors will slow them down but nothing seems to stop them completely. Probably one of the reasons some of the group call those mites "the Borg".
Im confused to what should i do next grow?

This grow i followed the MC recommended dosage and got those issues...

Should i try to spot any issues early and adjust accordingly?

It ain't that easy :( deficiency and overfeeding basically look the same sometimes

Should i try to spot any issues early and adjust accordingly?
Yes. When looking through the Mega Crop website there are several times when the company mentions allowing 2 to 3 weeks for any changes in the dosage of fertilizer to have an effect. If we can spot an issue as it is first starting to show then we can change dosage or add a nutrient to the feeding schedule and have a good chance that there will be a change for the better. If we wait too long then there might not be enough time to fix a problem.

It ain't that easy :( deficiency and overfeeding basically look the same sometimes
Yes, that can become a problem. Some of the messages on page one mention "lock-out". A lock-out is often an overdose of one or more nutrients causing what looks like the deficiency of another nutrient. This other nutrient is in the fertilizer but the plant cannot use it so it can look like a deficiency even though is enough in the growing medium.

This grow i followed the MC recommended dosage and got those issues...
Are you measuring the Mega Crop by weight (grams) or by volume (US teaspoon)? The numbers you mention in the first message are right for the age of your grow but I was wondering if there is a bit more MC being used by mistake.

Im confused to what should i do next grow?
You can consider doing a journal and inviting the other Mega Crop growers to check in. And invite other outdoor growers, especially those who grow in a container. If these growers are checking the journal every now and then they might notice something starting to go wrong with the dose or on the plant before it becomes a problem.

Until then, over the off season, look for threads on using Mega Crop and see what tips and methods other growers are using. Mega Crop had some die-hard fans who felt it was the easy way of adding fertilizers. They still have to be out there.

After my first plants went into overdrive during stretch, I decided I didn't want that to happen again. For my next few grows (I was using MC but idk which version, it is grey with white balls) I just fed them only 1/2 of the usual for the one week before and after stretch, so two weeks reduced... my following plants grew much more normally 6-8inches instead of the 2+foot stretch insanity.

Back
Top Bottom