Do I need to wait for the cure to make edibles?

meffa

My harvest has been drying for a week and the smaller stuff that's been on a drying net is ready to be jarred. Is there any reason I can't or shouldn't use this right away for making edibles?

If you blanch your bud, that will help make up for the cure. When it comes to edibles, the main thing you get by not curing is more chlorophyll/plant taste as these break down further during the cure. Personally, I blanch regardless but the benefits would be even better in your case.

If you blanch your bud, that will help make up for the cure. When it comes to edibles, the main thing you get by not curing is more chlorophyll/plant taste as these break down further during the cure. Personally, I blanch regardless but the benefits would be even better in your case.
Do you mean blanching as in lightly cooking the buds in boiling water? I have them in a decarb box in the oven right now.

It's more nuanced than that but essentially yes. It won't be bad without it, just helps remove some of that plant taste. Some people argue its unnecessary, and perhaps with perfectly cured weed it is, but in cases where the weed didn't get a cure or got an improper one, this technique can help.

I made some brownies with the infused coconut oil I made yesterday and just wow! I think I may need to adjust the portion a bit. I was on another planet last night.

Back
Top Bottom