Do I need too make holes at the bottom of my red solo cups for drainage?

StayLowKeyBro

The soil that I will be using to start them in is called nature's mix organic potting soil for seedlings. Can I just use a spray bottle to give them water while there in the solo cups or will I have too actually pour some water on them? Plan to transplant after a couple weeks when they get too be 4-6 inches tall. Thanks for help.

You'll want a small hole or two to make sure stagnant water gets out, but nothing major. You can use a spray bottle, just try to spray the medium itself and not the plant. Good luck with the grow

You'll want a small hole or two to make sure stagnant water gets out, but nothing major. You can use a spray bottle, just try to spray the medium itself and not the plant. Good luck with the grow

Alright I'll make sure too make a couple holes and yeah that's what I was thinking make sure to spray the soil. Thanks for your reply!

Uh I wouldn't put just one hole in a five gallon at least 4

What I do since I'm on a larger scale 144 site turbo cloner.
I take 3 keg cups at a time and stack them, with a 1/16th drill bit I drill approximately 6-10 holes depending on the brand and bottom topography of the cup.

I'd rather have extra drainage than not enough.
Take a look at my garden you'll see my Clones. 90+% success rate.

Another great member to talk to besides myself on cloning is Auggie. He specializes in Clones and is full of knowledge

How long you been growing? That can lead to problems. I've been growing quite awhile and I can guarantee that more drainage is better. If 1 hole works for you great but it can lead to root rot, as well as some root diseases

I'd recommend reading either ed Rosenthal or Jorge cervantes books. It would probably help you improve as a grower.

Back
Top Bottom