Do I really need a separate grow and bloom A and B

Fatlad

Hi fellow growers I'm looking into buying the advanced nutrients connoisseur A and B. They have one for veg and one for flower. Do I really need to purchase the flower one as when I look at the ingredients it seems a bit OP. I've noticed a lot of companies now only have 1 A and B all the way through a grow even the ones who did both have now gone to one does all. What are your thoughts on this. Its not about price etc its more about would the veg be more than enough especially with all the other nutrients you can add in there range. Thanks for reading and any feedback would be appreciated :)

If it isn't about price, use whichever nute system you choose in the way it is recommended by it's creators. They have no reason to steer you wrong and want you to like their product (and keep coming back.)
They created two different products because they felt it was needed for the 'best' grow. Can you get by with less, sure, but if you don't need to (money or other reason) then why try to second guess it?

I'm a bit lazy about it myself, I like easy so I use 1 part nutes (@GeoFlora Nutrients ) in soil.
edit to clarify: There is a veg and a flora version, but only one is used at a time.

You just gotta figure out how much bs you are willing to deal with and which system works best with your chosen method/style of growing.

I can't clarify without details. But 2 part fertilizers usually need a and b. I use humboldt a and b, stacker, and golden tree
Yeah I know ... my question is whether I need the grow A and B through veg and then switch to there bloom A and B or I could just go with Grow A and B all the way through the cycle .. sorry for the confusion :)

If it isn't about price, use whichever nute system you choose in the way it is recommended by it's creators. They have no reason to steer you wrong and want you to like their product (and keep coming back.)
They created two different products because they felt it was needed for the 'best' grow. Can you get by with less, sure, but if you don't need to (money or other reason) then why try to second guess it?

I'm a bit lazy about it myself, I like easy so I use 1 part nutes (@GeoFlora Nutrients ) in soil.
edit to clarify: There is a veg and a flora version, but only one is used at a time.

You just gotta figure out how much bs you are willing to deal with and which system works best with your chosen method/style of growing.
Yeah I totally understand what your saying and maybe I'm just over thinking things dude

Yeah I know ... my question is whether I need the grow A and B through veg and then switch to there bloom A and B or I could just go with Grow A and B all the way through the cycle .. sorry for the confusion :)
Definitely. It will also come with a dosage calendar I'm sure. It will have you dose so much grow/veg a and b. The nutrition is specifically for that. Then it will have you jump to bloom a and b. Which has modifications in the nutrition to benefit flowering. Throughout the process your plant needs certain npk ratios to maintain maximum growth. I'm sure someone way more intelligent could fill in. I didn't feed my plants until flower. They only had water for 75days.
20220822_215122.jpg
20220822_215057.jpg
20220822_213841.jpg

20220822_213816.jpg

I use this chart for reference, but started on the low end because I didn't want to kill them after starving them. I'm an idiot. Who needs the f'ing directions...? I did.

20220903_141401.jpg
Yeah we all need a little guidance at times even if we don't think we do ... but I've also read that advanced nutrients guide isn't the best and a lot of people use half or even quarter of there recommended strength.. I guess there's only one way to find out dude

Hi fellow growers I'm looking into buying the advanced nutrients connoisseur A and B. They have one for veg and one for flower. Do I really need to purchase the flower one as when I look at the ingredients it seems a bit OP. I've noticed a lot of companies now only have 1 A and B all the way through a grow even the ones who did both have now gone to one does all. What are your thoughts on this. Its not about price etc its more about would the veg be more than enough especially with all the other nutrients you can add in there range. Thanks for reading and any feedback would be appreciated :)
If you're going to purchase a nutrient line, it's a good idea to play by their rules. Having said that, it's you money and there's a lot to be said about leaving all the bottles behind and keeping it simple.

It took me just over a year//two grows to switch to dry nutes and I do not see any reason to change back. There is no magic in bottled nutrients. Check the ingredients on the back of the bottle or look them up in the database run by your state agricultural department and you'll see that things begin to look pretty familiar.

Earlier this year, I switched to dry nutes and I used the same nute mix from seedling to chop (grow #3). My conversion from bottled nutes to dry nutes was heavily influenced by help I got from another grower here on 420, as well as by the amazing work and contribution by @farside05, specifically this thread.

It's a long read and I think that he does change something in his formulation at one point going into flower but, per the title, he uses no "veg" and "bloom" nutes. That approach worked very well for me during my most recent grow. I had zero nutrient issues and yield was almost 1 kilo per square meter.

Check it out and see if it makes sense for you.

The third part will.be important. Soon if.I were useing.gold leaf.that's all in
One.nutes u don't even have to.worry about ph.with.gold.leaf.check.it.out u may like it ✌🤙

I have a lot of grows with AN in coco. It's a basic system that is about as easy as it gets. That is what it's purpose is. You need both parts A&B in Grow and Bloom for the ratio's to be correct. This is the norm for 2 part mixes.

If you want to go from seed to finish with one set of nuitrients optimally you would go with a three part where you can tailor the ratios throughout the life cycle. I do this with GH Flora Treo in DWC hydro with a bloom boosting supplement. It is much more refined way to tailor the nutrient to the specific time in the plants life.

I would save the money by buying their standard line both grow and bloom over just one of the connoisseur blends. That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Now a days i would use recomended dose from the manufacturer.
I alot of the info about saying half strength use this first etc its dated info if you ask me.
Things have moved very fast over the past few years.
Myself i use a/b and only a/b all my grow.
I add boost in flower and silicon in veg thats it. (and calmag every feed :))
I have no problems at all.Dont fall into the trap of buying everything.
Manufacturers of nutes dont want to kill your ladies.
They need and want repeat customers not unhappy ones.
Dry or wet feed.

:thumb:

my question is whether I need the grow A and B through veg and then switch to there bloom A and B or I could just go with Grow A and B all the way through the cycle .. sorry for the confusion
You could but the requirements for the plant change once flowering starts. The change in the plant means that a change in both the dose of A and B could change but also the macro and micro nutrients in the "Grow" and the "Bloom".

Going with just the Grow could mean that the plants will not get the increase in Phosphorous that allows the plant to grow larger and fuller buds. The Grow often does not have the increased amounts of Potassium that is good for overall plant health which helps with flower size and the plant's ability to handle all the demands that flowering places on the system.

Probably could go with the Grow A & B like you are asking about and then get some Phosphorous and Potassium and experiment but keep in mind that some experiments can go wrong. When an experiment goes wrong we can learn from that which is part of the growing experience.

Back
Top Bottom